homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Online Services

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Online Services
Craigie
Apprentice
# 17364

- Posted      Profile for Craigie   Email Craigie       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am currently recovering from a broken ankle and because of my lack of mobility and the pain I am missing church services. [Waterworks]
Can anyone recommend any online Anglican (Conservative or Anglo-Catholic prefered) Services?
Live streaming would be excellent as I can imagine myself being there!
Any help would be very much appreciated! [Overused]

--------------------
The End is Nigh.

Posts: 15 | From: Middle of Nowhere | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trinity Wall Street (NYC) streams video and archives a very dignified liturgy. They even manage to webcast some weekday liturgies.

Washington National Cathedral also streams video and archives.

Grace Cathedral San Francisco streams audio and archives the most recent liturgy.

St. Thomas Fifth Avenue (NYC) streams audio and archives.

St. Clement Philadelphia podcasts their Missal masses. Solid Anglo-Catholic preaching and liturgy. Great music.

St. Thomas Toronto podcasts as well. Traditional Anglican.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very little on the web beats BBC3's Choral Evensong.
Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Galilit
Shipmate
# 16470

- Posted      Profile for Galilit   Email Galilit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Community of S. Mary the Virgin, Wantage, Oxon streams ALL its Offices live; all day every day (except actual Mass for obvious reasons).

P.S.Best of luck with the ankle. Try arnica.

--------------------
She who does Her Son's will in all things can rely on me to do Hers.

Posts: 624 | From: a Galilee far, far away | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Arethosemyfeet
Shipmate
# 17047

- Posted      Profile for Arethosemyfeet   Email Arethosemyfeet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Radio 4 still broadcasts Sunday Worship and the Daily Service, though you won't get any guarantee of particular churchmanship.
Posts: 2933 | From: Hebrides | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged
malik3000
Shipmate
# 11437

- Posted      Profile for malik3000   Author's homepage   Email malik3000   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Recently i had what was basically a rather minor medical procedure, but it involved getting a chemical which made me very light-sensitive for about a month (no other ill effects fortunately) Throughout the month of September I had to avoid sunlight, and even overly bright indoor light, though computer and tv were ok. I was very happy when I discovered Trinity Wall Street's 11:15 Sunday Eucharist. I felt a little less isolated, especially since it was exactly at the same time as the 11:15 Eucharist at my church which I usually attend.

An unrelated idle question ...

quote:
Originally posted by Galilit:
The Community of S. Mary the Virgin, Wantage, Oxon streams ALL its Offices live; all day every day (except actual Mass for obvious reasons).

Just out of idle curiosity, what are the obvious reasons? (Forgive me if I am dense and am missing something.)

[ 01. November 2012, 01:58: Message edited by: malik3000 ]

--------------------
God = love.
Otherwise, things are not just black or white.

Posts: 3149 | From: North America | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Galilit
Shipmate
# 16470

- Posted      Profile for Galilit   Email Galilit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Mass/ the Eucharist you simply have to be there. Its intimate physical and material aspects require your intimate (or as much as you can manage) physical and material presence.

I think.

--------------------

Posts: 624 | From: a Galilee far, far away | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earlier this year when I was recuperating from major surgery, I wasn't allowed to drive for several weeks. During this time I got my church 'fix' by watching some services on You Tube - eg there are some really watchable choral evensong services if you search. Also our priest brought me home communion about once a week which was very appreciated.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i-church

Hold them every Wednesday evening.

[Smile]

(PS - you need to go to the Courtyard to find them)

[ 01. November 2012, 08:00: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Radio 3 Choral Evensong is usually broadcast live, but then can be listened to for a week or so afterwards. The music is superb, usually led by a professional choir.

Radio 4's Sunday Morning live broadcast service is variable - depending on the church, the churchmanship, the choir (usually volunteers, not professionals), the congregation (open to all), but would give you a more participatory feel.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, where's the Blessed Sacrament webcam when you need it? [Frown]
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Olaf:

The monks no longer seem to maintain their online presence, but there is a Most Blessed Sacrament webcam available for adoration at this Louisville RC church... (link in side bar).

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
quote:
Originally posted by Olaf:

The monks no longer seem to maintain their online presence, but there is a Most Blessed Sacrament webcam available for adoration at this Louisville RC church... (link in side bar).
Oh wow.
Galilit
Shipmate
# 16470

Favourited!

Will there be munx ?
Or even just a D-kin?
Or a Lady of the Parish?

[ 02. November 2012, 16:12: Message edited by: Galilit ]

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm temporarily restricted to a rather cranky intertubes connection so I haven't paid enough visits to know!

So far, it has just been the Most Blessed Sacrament and associated monstrance, but time will no doubt tell!

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Percy B
Shipmate
# 17238

- Posted      Profile for Percy B   Email Percy B   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's pretty static, which I guess exposition is. But it's hard to know if its live or whether the connection froze!

--------------------
Mary, a priest??

Posts: 582 | From: Nudrug | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Galilit
Shipmate
# 16470

Live - they have changed the flowers twice, you can see the candles bigger and smaller and also flickering.
Still not as dynamic as The Original of course where you saw the munx and lay-people's backs-of-heads.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure why I can't get the MBS on my screen.....maybe it's not compatible with something or other on my pooter?

Or maybe I've been Raptured and no longer need to see It...??

Ian J.

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What ever happened to that guy who would send you a host in the mail? And then you could have a 1 on 1 Communion with him....Not that I'm recommending him mind you. But he did smile all the time.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016