homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Wycliffe Hall Principal

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Wycliffe Hall Principal
Mike T
Apprentice
# 12620

- Posted      Profile for Mike T   Email Mike T   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wycliffe just announced the appointment of Michael Lloyd as their new Principal. Press Release He seems a good bloke (wrote an excellent book on Doctrine - Cafe Theology) Interesting appointment...

[ 15. April 2013, 16:46: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

Posts: 20 | From: London | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike T:
Wycliffe just announced the appointment of Michael Lloyd as their new Principal. Press Release He seems a good bloke (wrote an excellent book on Doctrine - Cafe Theology) Interesting appointment...

Not the same Michael Lloyd that was in Cotton Lloyd & Christian sadly.

But a Charismatic, Not a Calvinist, with a broad outlook. Interesting indeed.

[ 15. April 2013, 16:47: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mike, your link isn't working for me.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mike T
Apprentice
# 12620

- Posted      Profile for Mike T   Email Mike T   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry about that. Try this: New Principal

{Original link fixed; it had two http:// 's in it)

[ 15. April 2013, 16:48: Message edited by: Barnabas62 ]

Posts: 20 | From: London | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Following the really painful recent past, I wish him all the very best. Am reminded of some powerful words from Adrian Plass's autobiography. "Nothing is wasted".

What is Richard Turnbull doing these days?

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
pete173
Shipmate
# 4622

- Posted      Profile for pete173   Author's homepage   Email pete173   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news. Hope that this can mark a new start for Wycliffe.

--------------------
Pete

Posts: 1653 | From: Kilburn, London NW6 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He spoke at our church weekend away several years ago and was excellent, a great guy I thought - I must dig out Cafe Theology again. I really hope this marks a change of fortune for Wycliffe.

[ 15. April 2013, 17:33: Message edited by: Jack the Lass ]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Higgs Bosun
Shipmate
# 16582

- Posted      Profile for Higgs Bosun   Email Higgs Bosun   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard him at a Reader training day a few years ago in London on Suffering and Evil - which is his speciality - very good. Apparently, his students at St Melitus call him "Dr Evil".
Posts: 313 | From: Near the Tidal Thames | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presumably the same Mike Lloyd who does the Godpod with Jane Williams and Graham Tomlin. As Higgs Boson says, he is pretty good on ponerology from what I have heard on his podcasts.

[ 15. April 2013, 19:19: Message edited by: Bob Two-Owls ]

The Man with a Stick
Shipmate
# 12664

- Posted      Profile for The Man with a Stick   Email The Man with a Stick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You could have got good odds on a former doctrine tutor at St Stephen's House becoming Principal at Wycliffe!
Posts: 335 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
sebby
Shipmate
# 15147

- Posted      Profile for sebby   Email sebby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looks promising in his Church Timnes photo. Broad experience including some mild Anglo-Catholicism. Was pictured in a clerical collar - hurrah!

--------------------
sebhyatt

Posts: 1340 | From: yorks | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Custard
Shipmate
# 5402

- Posted      Profile for Custard   Author's homepage   Email Custard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pete173:
Excellent news. Hope that this can mark a new start for Wycliffe.

Ditto.

--------------------
blog
Adam's likeness, Lord, efface;
Stamp thine image in its place.

Posts: 4523 | From: Snot's Place | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sebby:
Looks promising in his Church Timnes photo. Broad experience including some mild Anglo-Catholicism. Was pictured in a clerical collar - hurrah!

Wouldn't you prefer a white cravat, buckled shoes and a wig?

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
3rdFooter
Shipmate
# 9751

- Posted      Profile for 3rdFooter   Email 3rdFooter   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Man with a Stick:
You could have got good odds on a former doctrine tutor at St Stephen's House becoming Principal at Wycliffe!

He did once try to set fire to the altar with a loaded thurible. [Mad]

He's a talented teacher and he taught me all I know about evil [Two face]

--------------------
3F - Shunter in the sidings of God's Kingdom

Posts: 602 | From: outskirts of Babylon | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like Mike a lot and have fond memories of having some drinks and discussing Handel operas with him. While he has one foot in charismania, he has good Anglo-Catholic credentials too. Pray for him in this new post.

K.

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016