homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Where'd it go? Hell: Calling myself to hell

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Where'd it go? Hell: Calling myself to hell
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The thread does not exist any more and access via browser history links to board home. Is there a process for disappearing threads? Or have I crossed over into an alternate universe where this thread never existed? Thanks.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, strange. Or does mousethief have more power than we think? He asked for the thread to be put out of its misery.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect the thread and OPer got put out if their misery.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Yeah, strange. Or does mousethief have more power than we think? He asked for the thread to be put out of its misery.

There are two ways to be a leader. One is to find somewhere worth going, and convince a lot of people to follow you. The other is to find a lot of people going somewhere, and march at their head.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deep.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

- Posted      Profile for stonespring     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess it was a good decision to annihilate the thread I started - although it surprises me that what I wrote was so abhorrent that apparently it had to be taken to a place where no one in public could read it again ever. I can't even find the thread in oblivion. I think worrying about my health/safety may have had something to do with it. If so, I would like to let everyone know that I am not goin through any crisis and am not a danger to myself or others in any way, not was I at any point. I am surprised that what I posted was too inappropriate even for Hell. But what is done is done.
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
Deep.

I stole it but I forget who from.

--------------------

Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shame, that. It was the best potential for entertainment we've had in Hell for some time. Plus I was having some of my demons exorcised.

--------------------
Homer: Aww, this isn't about Jesus, is it?
Lovejoy: All things are about Jesus, Homer. Except this.

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Suicidal ideation has severe functional problems for bulletin boards.

Just. Don't.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Just. Don't.

It's no fun for Hosts (like this one) who are posting for the sheer joy of it, don't pick up the vibes and wander away for a couple of hours. Hence serious Adminly action.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, you're a Host? I must have missed that. Perhaps you should mention it every second post you make, rather than every third.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Admin Hat On

Passer, your antipathy towards Sioni in his capacity as a Host grows exceptionally tiresome. Your post above is in violation of both Commandments 3 and 6. You have been warned for this before. One way or another, you will cease any and all cheap digs, personal attacks and snidey insinuations against a (or, indeed, any) Host or Admin of this forum.

This is your final warning. The next time I see anything even vaguely reminiscent of a cheap dig, personal attack or snidey insinuation against a Host or Admin from you, you'll be on a month's shore leave. Minimum.

Your right to honestly query any future Hostly rulings from any member of the Crew is, of course, unaffected.

Marvin
Admin

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stonespring:
I guess it was a good decision to annihilate the thread I started - although it surprises me that what I wrote was so abhorrent that apparently it had to be taken to a place where no one in public could read it again ever. I can't even find the thread in oblivion. I think worrying about my health/safety may have had something to do with it. If so, I would like to let everyone know that I am not goin through any crisis and am not a danger to myself or others in any way, not was I at any point. I am surprised that what I posted was too inappropriate even for Hell. But what is done is done.

Thank you for letting us know you are OK stonespring.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Just. Don't.

Thanks. I believe my question has thus been answered.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are comments on Marvin's admonition of Marvin appropriately made in Hell?
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caissa:
Are comments on Marvin's admonition of Marvin appropriately made in Hell?

If you meant Marvin's admonition of passer, then - no. All commentary about Official Actions is to be done here, in The Styx.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for clarification Rook and thank you for catching my mistake.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

- Posted      Profile for stonespring     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How can I post that I want to die but will never ever kill myself in a way that doesn't make you think I actually am going to kill myself? Cuz I won't ever kill myself. I won't even ever try to harm myself, ask someone else to kill me, or put myself in a situation where I am likely to die. As I wrote, I am way too muh of a narcissist to do any if that. I don't take drugs, cut myself, starve myself, binge drink, throw up, engage in risky sex, etc. But I do want to die, basically to put myself out of everyone else's misery. And I have more mental health treatment than anyone could possibly want. So um...can I please post that I want to die without people getting scared? There are zero legal or moral liability issues here.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would suggest using the samaritans online facility, here, to do that.

This is a discussion board, it is not a therapeutic space.

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

Ok. I won't say I want to die. But I don't want help. I have way too much help and love and unconditional support. Enough to make me want to throw up. And my faith in God is unshakeable. I just want people to remind me of what a horrible person I am so that I never forget that I am I do not deserve to exist. So I'll go to Hell now where people are having lots of fun mocking me because I am not in on the joke. Yay! Non-crisis averted. Thanks for caring about me and sorry for the fuss.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I just want people to remind me of what a horrible person I am so that I never forget that I am I do not deserve to exist.

That is not the function of a bulletin board. There is a point at which deliberately provoking people to insult you, becomes trolling.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

What is the function of Hell other than people insulting each other?
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The purpose of Hell is to contain personal disputes so that they don't spill onto the other boards. It is most definitely not there to fulfil some bizarre desire to have people say they hate you.

There may well be boards out there that are happy to provide that sort of service - the internet is a weird place. But this is not one of them. Please stop it.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Oh God, Tortuf, do we really need another?

--------------------

stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

Ok. I'll stop it. I just wanted my dirty laundry up there for everyone to see. Now that it's back I'll shut up and go back to taking about normal things in a normal way.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Thank you.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ok. I'll stop it. I just wanted my dirty laundry up there for everyone to see. Now that it's back I'll shut up and go back to taking about normal things in a normal way.

That would be best.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Uh, tortuf opened the floodgates again, the naughty boy.

--------------------

Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

- Posted      Profile for Jon in the Nati   Email Jon in the Nati   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I just wanted my dirty laundry up there for everyone to see.
Thing is, though, that no one cares about your dirty laundry, and I can't imagine why you'd think we would. Your doctrinal wishy-washiness and self-proclaimed protest against "tremendous protest movement" are neither scandalous to us nor threatening to the Catholic Church. It just isn't that interesting.

--------------------

Posts: 773 | From: Region formerly known as the Biretta Belt | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jon in the Nati
Shipmate
# 15849

quote:
self-proclaimed protest against "tremendous protest movement"
Should read: self proclaimed "tremendous protest movement" against the Church.

--------------------

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I would recommend that you use something more like Tumblr for that instead of a discussion forum.

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
stonespring
Shipmate
# 15530

Tubbs,

Thank you so incredibly much for giving me an ultimatum. I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me to have someone tell me that I need to do good things and avoid doing bad things and back it up with real consequences. I won't post anything in that vein anymore - but could I have an clear explanation about how I am to talk about my personal life in the future on the Ship? If I say anything about my life that is emotional or negative, am I at risk of being suspended or banned?

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Tubbs,

Thank you so incredibly much for giving me an ultimatum. I don't think anyone understands how much it means to me to have someone tell me that I need to do good things and avoid doing bad things and back it up with real consequences. I won't post anything in that vein anymore - but could I have an clear explanation about how I am to talk about my personal life in the future on the Ship? If I say anything about my life that is emotional or negative, am I at risk of being suspended or banned?

stonespring,

Thanks for taking this up in the right place.

I'm one of the Hellhosts and in her Adminly warning Tubbs beat me to it. Her response mentioned your timesome and self-indulgent posts. Read what she said, take notice of it and we'll all get along.

Unrest we do fine, but you'll find the limits stated in the Ship's 10 Commandments and the Hell board guidelines.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

quote:
could I have an clear explanation about how I am to talk about my personal life in the future on the Ship? If I say anything about my life that is emotional or negative, am I at risk of being suspended or banned?

Here is a list off the top of my head that should help to guide you:
  • No suicidal ideations - including musings about self-harm or vague commentary about what you "deserve".
  • Avoid asking things of other Shipmates - it reeks of crusading.
  • Temper your posts such that it does not seem like the primary intent is to provoke reactions - that's trolling.
  • Try to not be a 1-issue wonder. Because some of the Admins are petty and mean and superficial like that.
-RooK
recently voted the least reliable Admin

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

This is an interesting and thoughtful post of yours, stonespring. More like this, and less of the shrill, over-the-top kind of posts will suit the bill. Look at how others here share personal details and take note.

Like RooK said. [Smile]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016