homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Zach82, over here you tedious little shit. (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Zach82, over here you tedious little shit.
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Look, I can no longer engage with you adequately on the thread here

http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=007834

You, you sanctimonious little turd, have not the faintest idea of the hours Mrs Backslider and I have agonised over our children, our faith, their faith, church attendance, our local church and all the rest of it. You have not got a fucking clue, but nevertheless you've seen fit to piss all over the thread with your fuckwitted condemnatory shit, where you seek to blame me for caring how my children are affected by church, and the development of their faith, and them for failing to be engaged in the way that you clearly are. Either you're too fuckwitted to see how personally insulting you are being, or you don't care, or you actually enjoy telling people how spiritually pathetic you think they are.

Whichever, you're an arse.

Now why don't you just fuck off out of it and take your shitty little know-all hair shirt attitude with you. But do keep your head up your arse because it puts you in an ideal position to be kicked up it.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pass.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Posts: 9148 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fail.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Next!

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach82:
Pass.

Wind?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

- Posted      Profile for Zach82     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
quote:
Pass.

Wind?
The gravy.

--------------------
Don't give up yet, no, don't ever quit/ There's always a chance of a critical hit. Ghost Mice

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Games threads thataway. Behave.

SS HH

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It got Zach82 to engage in the thread. Now if he would only repent!
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The link is to the first page of a six page thread.

Care to let us know where Zach is proclaiming his sanctimony?

Not that we really need to know. He does it alot.

He really should become a Catholic or an Orthodox or a protestant fundie and be done with pretending to be an Anglican.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
The link is to the first page of a six page thread.

Care to let us know where Zach is proclaiming his sanctimony?

Not that we really need to know. He does it alot.

He really should become a Catholic or an Orthodox or a protestant fundie and be done with pretending to be an Anglican.

I think the bowels open towards the end of page 4. The arse-gravy flows quite freely from then on.

--------------------

seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:

He's only been an Anglican for about two minutes though the way he posts you'd think he'd thought of it before Henry VIII did.

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My, but there are some special performances on that thread.
quote:
Pass.

So you're happy to make snide comments and sly accusations (or possibly show off your inability to read for comprehension) as long as no one can call you on it in the language it so richly deserves, but as soon as you're offered the chance to just come out and say what you've been insinuating, you've come over all shy.

Brave Sir Zach.

He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering off
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:

When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled

[Big Grin]

Oh and 'arse-gravy', ewww.

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
Originally posted by The Great Gumby:
My, but there are some special performances on that thread.
quote:
Pass.

So you're happy to make snide comments and sly accusations (or possibly show off your inability to read for comprehension) as long as no one can call you on it in the language it so richly deserves, but as soon as you're offered the chance to just come out and say what you've been insinuating, you've come over all shy.

Brave Sir Zach.

Alright, fine. Karl's posting to me was not any particular gift of charity either if you'll bother to give it a glance. We were talking about how to engage kids, and I talked about forming children to be engaged. If Karl wants to take that as a personal insult to his child-rearing abilities and be slightly more shitty about it in a hell thread, then he can be my guest.

[ 30. April 2013, 15:12: Message edited by: Zach82 ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Funny, it sounded to me like you were saying that it's our duty to turn up regardless or whether it's boring or not.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Zach, you made the following false accusations against me on that thread:

1. That I think Church should be scintillating all the time, every time
2. That I think that if it isn't I don't have to go
3. That I equate "obligation" with "boring".

All things I never said, but which you insisted on throwing at me.

The Bible talks about not bearing false witness. I prefer "don't be a lying cunt".

But the most annoying thing is the way you insist on your belief that church should be boring hard work, because that's how "good things" happen, stated in a sneering superior manner that clearly shows how much you despise anyone who sees it differently.

[ 30. April 2013, 15:28: Message edited by: Karl: Liberal Backslider ]

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
Funny, it sounded to me like you were saying that it's our duty to turn up regardless or whether it's boring or not.
That's what I was talking about, until Karl chimed in with dispassionate, engaging comments like "it's terribly important that kids learn that they are obligated to be bored shitless for an hour and a half every week because God says they have to do it and will burn them in Hell if they don't." Which is totally a fair summary of what I said, so Karl totally has a place to complain about misinterpretation.

[ 30. April 2013, 15:29: Message edited by: Zach82 ]

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

quote:
That's what I was talking about, until Karl chimed in with dispassionate, engaging comments like "it's terribly important that kids learn that they are obligated to be bored shitless for an hour and a half every week because God says they have to do it and will burn them in Hell if they don't." Which is totally a fair summary of what I said, so Karl totally has a place to complain about misinterpretation.

OK, so the "burn in Hell" was a slight exaggeration. But what's an obligation other than "God says you have to do it"?

The salient point is that you've given fuck all reason for encouraging anyone, child or adult, to go to church other than "you should".

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

I actually did try to talk about why church-going is important, and why it is worth the struggle of overcoming boredom and inconvenience, but you weren't interested.

--------------------

The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Alright, fine. Karl's posting to me was not any particular gift of charity either if you'll bother to give it a glance. We were talking about how to engage kids, and I talked about forming children to be engaged. If Karl wants to take that as a personal insult to his child-rearing abilities and be slightly more shitty about it in a hell thread, then he can be my guest.

Funny, I read the whole thread before posting here and I didn't notice Karl being uncharitable towards you. I did see you jumping in with both feet, making implicit accusations of bad faith, lack of commitment and yes, inadequate parenting, and possibly getting a small portion of that thrown back in your face. How about this sarcastic little strawman from you, quoted in its entirety?
quote:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind and all your soul. But if .008% of your week is too much of a hassle, don't worry about it. We don't want to go nuts and let the kiddies get it into their minds that this salvation business is important or something."

The word of the Lord.

Do you feel proud of that? Really?

Note that I don't have a dog in this fight, as church isn't an issue for me and I'm fairly relaxed about the offspring just as long as they have the freedom to make their own decisions.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
I actually did try to talk about why church-going is important, and why it is worth the struggle of overcoming boredom and inconvenience, but you weren't interested.

But since we do go to church, and don't need convincing of the importance of doing so, it's a bit of an irrelevance isn't it?

I don't need reasons to go. We were discussing ways in which the experience of going can be improved. You don't seem to think that's necessary, and are unwilling to let anyone else thing it is either, preferring to accuse them of false expectations, wanting it to be scintillating all the time yadda yadda yadda - none of which anyone actually said

You were arguing with an imaginary KLB - one who didn't go to church because it was boring and didn't see any need to go because it was boring and who thought it should be exciting and entertaining all the time. That sort of thing boils people's piss. Mine, anyway.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

But since we do go to church, and don't need convincing of the importance of doing so, it's a bit of an irrelevance isn't it?

I don't need reasons to go. We were discussing ways in which the experience of going can be improved. You don't seem to think that's necessary, and are unwilling to let anyone else thing it is either, preferring to accuse them of false expectations, wanting it to be scintillating all the time yadda yadda yadda - none of which anyone actually said

You were arguing with an imaginary KLB - one who didn't go to church because it was boring and didn't see any need to go because it was boring and who thought it should be exciting and entertaining all the time. That sort of thing boils people's piss. Mine, anyway.

I was arguing with a KLB that hears the word "obligated" and leaps to "We are obligated to be bored shitless." It's the same Karl who said, at the prospect of boredom, "Are you really telling me you'd not find some way around this idea of an obligation if you were?"

It's the only Karl that was on offer on that thread.

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

Are you really that dense?

I'd already said that the children were bored shitless by church, yes?

You then jumped in with your obligation shite, yes?

So the obvious conclusion is that if church bores you shitless, nevertheless you're obligated to go and therefore be bored shitless, yes?

Just joining the dots.

And are you still trying to tell me that if you were bored shitless by it every week, day in, day out, like my kids are, you'd not either think "do I really have to go?" or "how could this be made less boring?" You'd really tell yourself that you had to go so that's that?

You don't know that you would, because you've not been in that position, admitting as you have that you quite like going to church. You don't actually have a clue what it was like watching my kids' boredom, or the damaging effect it was having on their faith. You weren't there, but you think you know better, and that's the underlying problem with you.

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

Believe it or not, Karl, I was only talking about the obligatory aspects of church going, and not your family life. I don't know you, I don't know your family, so I honestly have no opinions whatsoever about your particular pastoral situation.

Since I work with children in the church I have every sympathy for the difficulties of catechizing them.

--------------------

SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
MayI just tiptoe in quietly to say that if children are bored during church services, this could, with luck, put them on the path to atheism!! [Smile]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Fr Weber
Shipmate
# 13472

- Posted      Profile for Fr Weber   Email Fr Weber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SusanDoris:
MayI just tiptoe in quietly to say that if children are bored during church services, this could, with luck, put them on the path to atheism!! [Smile]

And if children are bored during biology class, it could push them on the path to creationism!! [Smile]

--------------------
"The Eucharist is not a play, and you're not Jesus."

--Sr Theresa Koernke, IHM

Posts: 2512 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Holy Smoke
Shipmate
# 14866

- Posted      Profile for Holy Smoke     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Are you really that dense?

I'd already said that the children were bored shitless by church, yes?

You then jumped in with your obligation shite, yes?

So the obvious conclusion is that if church bores you shitless, nevertheless you're obligated to go and therefore be bored shitless, yes?

Just joining the dots.

And are you still trying to tell me that if you were bored shitless by it every week, day in, day out, like my kids are, you'd not either think "do I really have to go?" or "how could this be made less boring?" You'd really tell yourself that you had to go so that's that?

You don't know that you would, because you've not been in that position, admitting as you have that you quite like going to church. You don't actually have a clue what it was like watching my kids' boredom, or the damaging effect it was having on their faith. You weren't there, but you think you know better, and that's the underlying problem with you.

My understanding is that Zach is perhaps suggesting that you should be concentrating on instilling the idea in your children that attending church is a duty that should be performed regardless of whether or not they happen to enjoy it, and that that is rather more important than trying to make services more 'interesting'. Which seems to me, whether you agree with it or not, a perfectly reasonable proposition. I'm not exactly sure why you have called him to Hell, unless this idea has pressed some buttons for you. (As in criticizing your parenting skills. [Biased] )
Posts: 335 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may well be wrong, but I thought there was a fair point to what Zach was getting at, but it became personal as opposed to objective - which is a shame. I understood what he was saying in the context of children growing up understanding that some things are best worked at and with, even when at times they get tedious or feel 'dry'. There seems to be a very important and valuable life lesson in that.
Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
SusanDoris

Incurable Optimist
# 12618

- Posted      Profile for SusanDoris   Author's homepage   Email SusanDoris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fr Weber:
And if children are bored during biology class, it could push them on the path to creationism!! [Smile]

Eeeeeeek!! Shock, horror! That will never do!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Posts: 3083 | From: UK | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

There is one instance on that thread when I consciously made a rather irritated (and I suppose irritating) back handed comment about parenting skills.

Most of my talk about forming children to be engaged follows from my experience as a case manager. It was my full time job to help children with ADHD learn how to sit still and focus in boring math class. We did it by modeling attentive behavior, patiently explaining why school was important even if it was boring, and by offering consistent incentives and punishments to encourage focused behavior.

It was no comment on Karl's parenting skills whatsoever. It so happens that I actually believe that attentive behavior is a learned skill and not an innate trait- not only for Karl's children but for children everywhere.

[ 30. April 2013, 17:08: Message edited by: Zach82 ]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You seem to make a habit of making irritating comments - here is a recent example in eccles -

quote:
What are the specific differences between the American Evensong and the real deal?

I have zero horses in any race there but I can certainly see that this is a deliberate wind up.
Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

quote:
I have zero horses in any race there but I can certainly see that this is a deliberate wind up.
Well, it wasn't.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Well, it wasn't.
In what way was it not a wind up?

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

In that it's a sincere question. The only big difference that leaps out is saying the Lord's prayer once instead of twice.

I love the American BCP, but I hardly deny that the 1662 Prayer Book is the standard in most of the world. I suppose calling it the "real deal" was slangy, but it's in no way insulting.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
In that it's a sincere question. The only big difference that leaps out is saying the Lord's prayer once instead of twice.

I love the American BCP, but I hardly deny that the 1662 Prayer Book is the standard in most of the world. I suppose calling it the "real deal" was slangy, but it's in no way insulting.

I think it is - as if the one you use is the only 'real' version.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

I use the American Book of Common Prayer. '79.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

OK, fairy nuff.

<draws in oversensitive horns>

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
What are the specific differences between the American Evensong and the real deal?

She's a brunette. I'm a blond.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
goperryrevs
Shipmtae
# 13504

- Posted      Profile for goperryrevs   Author's homepage   Email goperryrevs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I quite like going to church myself- but even when we find it boring we're still obliged to go.

This is the problem, Zach. You and I have had similarly frustrating debates in the past. And I think I know what it is that can make you so frustrating to engage with. You seem to have very little ability to empathise.

Because you're a grown man who quite likes going to church, it appears you can't put yourself in the shoes of someone who finds church deathly boring, let alone a child who finds church deathly boring. Or a parent of children who find church deathly boring who has agonised over what they should do about it because they think church is important.

Please. Read this again: "You... have not the faintest idea of the hours Mrs Backslider and I have agonised over our children, our faith, their faith, church attendance, our local church and all the rest of it". Then imagine that you're Karl. Then reconsider some of your responses to what he's said on that thread. You may find the triteness of well, it's boring, but you should just make them go anyhow line a little insufficient.

It is nice that you're engaging in Hell now, though. Good on you.

--------------------
"Keep your eye on the donut, not on the hole." - David Lynch

Posts: 2098 | From: Midlands | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
goperryrevs:
quote:
You seem to have very little ability to empathise.
This. Nothing wrong with your opinions as opinions, Zach. We agree or we disagree. Whatever.

But in a discussion about subjective matters, matters with a number of plausible points of view, you often get a nasty edge if not agreed with. You seem to take it as a personal affront when people's experiences and the opinions that arise from them differ from yours.

Chill, man. [Cool]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zach Zach Zach - just because you were called to Hell, you had to make this all about you? Somehow we've missed the important point - that religion is boring and pointless. All because of your selfishness.

Damn you.

Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

Indeed. I tried to flounce and came back anyway. "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

--------------------

Dark Knight

Super Zero
# 9415

- Posted      Profile for Dark Knight   Email Dark Knight   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
There is one instance on that thread when I consciously made a rather irritated (and I suppose irritating) back handed comment about parenting skills.

Most of my talk about forming children to be engaged follows from my experience as a case manager. It was my full time job to help children with ADHD learn how to sit still and focus in boring math class. We did it by modeling attentive behavior, patiently explaining why school was important even if it was boring, and by offering consistent incentives and punishments to encourage focused behavior.

It was no comment on Karl's parenting skills whatsoever. It so happens that I actually believe that attentive behavior is a learned skill and not an innate trait- not only for Karl's children but for children everywhere.

I have to say, I find this pretty insightful.
Perhaps Karl would not have minded if you had posted something like this.

--------------------
So don't ever call me lucky
You don't know what I done, what it was, who I lost, or what it cost me
- A B Original: I C U

----
Love is as strong as death (Song of Solomon 8:6).

Posts: 2958 | From: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Indeed; he wouldn't have unconditionally agreed, for various reasons, but he wouldn't have had his piss boiled for him.

I think, back on the thread in question, John Holding has posted a very interesting piece. Zach, if you want to engage, you're welcome to do so there. Just accept that when I disagree with you I am not some kind of evil skiver, intent on indulging his kids' every whim and totally blind to the fact that not everything can be fun all the time, 'kay?

--------------------

Zach82
Shipmate
# 3208

Thank you, Karl, for your gracious permission to post on that thread.

--------------------

Shipmate
# 76

quote:

It was an invitation to carry on the debate, an olive branch even, you cretin.

One which I'm now regretting if your comprehension skills are still as poor as they appear to be.

Give me strength!

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Zach Zach Zach - just because you were called to Hell, you had to make this all about you? Somehow we've missed the important point - that religion is boring and pointless. All because of your selfishness.

Damn you.

Nay, Big Bird. Religion ain't boring. Services might be boring, but all the bickering and bitching about the ministers, PCC and each other, not to mention those other churches over yonder, are what make some people's lives worth living. So religion does serve its purpose, just not quite in the way we had imagined is all. But boring? Nah.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

There are times when the strongest olive branch available has to be selected, for use as a club.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
quote:

There are times when the strongest olive branch available has to be selected, for use as a club.
AKA the "Clue Stick".

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh come on, Karl, you were plenty snarky in that "invitation."
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016