homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2013 Rock and Roll shows

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: 2013 Rock and Roll shows
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here you post where you will be on the off chance someone you would like to meet will be there, too.

Bob Dylan Springfield Missouri USA Wednesday April 24 at some venue. May The Bobster remain forever young.

Rolling Stones Las Vegas Nevada USA Saturday May 11 at the MGM Grand Theater. A friend of mine bought me a ticket (they are NOT inexpensive but he apparently likes me [Hot and Hormonal] ): I'd NEVER cough up that kind of money... I am stoked and praying Keef holds out that long. [Votive]

Waterboys (I believe the American version Mike recently assembled) St. John's Newfoundland CA Monday July 15 at the Holy Heart Theatre. I plan to take the folding kayak and spend three days after the show risking hypothermia and quick death. At this writing I have an extra ticket if anyone is interested - the only charge will be you have to meet me there. [Big Grin]

Unfortunately I can't attend Bruce Cockburn's show at the Denver Botanical Garden on Tuesday August 6 and dern it anyway.

I haven't looked recently to see if there are any Todd Snider shows I could catch but will soon.

And as I was fortunate enough to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse in Tulsa Oklahoma USA last October it appears this particular twelve monthish period will be the pinnacle of my concert going life.

I've never spent this kind of money on myself and I have to admit it feels good. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moron:
Here you post where you will be on the off chance someone you would like to meet will be there, too.

I can't quite make out what you're intending here. Is this about shipmates who might also be interested (= get together for a mini meet)? If so, this would do better in All Saints, which is where meet threads usually go.
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had planned to go to Barcelona for our holiday, and discovered that the Sonar festival is on at the same time, so we adjusted our dates, and are going along.

Featured artists are Kraftwerk and the Pet Shop Boys, both of whom I believe are fantastic live. I have also just seen that the incomparable Bat for Lashes (see my sig) are also on.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

I can't quite make out what you're intending here. Is this about shipmates who might also be interested (= get together for a mini meet)? If so, this would do better in All Saints, which is where meet threads usually go.
Whatever you think best - thanks very much.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, I'll transfer you over to All Saints for a Music Meets thread, then. Hold on tight...
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Schroedinger's cat:

Featured artists are... the Pet Shop Boys ...whom I believe are fantastic live.

They are: I have worked for them and seen their whole show - I still have the T-shirt.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... I plan to take the folding kayak and spend three days after the show risking hypothermia ...

I doubt that you'll suffer from hypothermia in Newfoundland in July - we do occasionally get a summer ... [Big Grin]

If you're into music other than rock, my Better Half does an informal half-hour organ recital at the Anglican Cathedral every Wednesday at lunch-time (1:15 p.m.) - if you're still in town why not come along and say hello?

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the other hand, I wouldn't count on NOT getting hypothermia in Newfoundland in July, either. Best to be prepared for any and all of the 4 seasons.

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

Sorry to dredge this up off the second page.

You'd worry about hypothermia if your kayaking skills were like mine!

Good to hear Kraftwerk is still fahn fahn fahn on the autobahn - those guys go way back.

piglet: as I hope to boat a lot my schedule will be dictated by the weather but who knows - any live music is good music to my ears and thanks for the invite.

[ 17. April 2013, 15:08: Message edited by: moron ]

moron
Shipmate
# 206

You people.

Mick has apparently -0% body fat and can still rile them: NO one was sitting for any length of time.

Las Vegas seems to me to be a bit carved out of a desert doing all right for itself now and hoping it all ends well.

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone likes Folk, we#re going to La Vent du Nord's concert in Abergavenny in July and we have Gordon Giltrap coming to our church hall in September.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone else like folk, I'll be at The New Forest Folk Festival at the end of August (the weekend after Greenbelt).
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016