homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Jesus and the squirrel

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Jesus and the squirrel
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A Sunday school teacher was teaching a group of small children. To introduce her lesson she said "I'm thinking of something about a foot long, has a brushy tail, is usually gray, has four legs, climbs trees and likes to eat acorns. Now who can tell the answer?"

All the kids just sat there, kind of looking around at each other. So, the teacher asked the question again. All the kids looked around at each other a little more and then one little boy slowly raised his hand. He said, "teacher, we know Jesus is the answer but it sounds like you're talking about a squirrel".

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As it stands, not much mileage for fruitful discussion. What direction did you see this thread going in, how might others participate?

If this is just a sort of random observation, we do have a Random Tangents thread where it might go.

Cheers

Ariel
Heaven Host

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
this is an old, old story, and goes best with the introduction of how the school tries to persuade the visiting preacher to aim a little closer to the kids than he usually does. see here and there are hundreds of em, but this one here is quite interesting.
Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes. I don't think we need a thread on variants of the squirrel joke, though.

At present this thread is looking pretty much headed for closure, unless there's a convincing reason for keeping it open.

Ariel
Heaven Host

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was a joke I heard today and this looked like the right place for it. I was guessing as to the best place to put it.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
this is an old, old story

I'd never heard it before. 53 years wasted.

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
but this one here is quite interesting.

It is very interesting. What caused me to think the joke was so funny is that a guy who grew up in our congregation and is now in his 20s would always give the same answer, "Jesus", whenever a question was asked in class and he didn't have an answer.

His article reminds of the rave reviews I saw in some Christian literature about the movie "Children of Men" that came out a few years ago. Lots of folks just see it as an action movie but it was actually so much more than that.

Old joke for a good article, yeah, I call it a good trade.

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

OK, thanks for the explanation, Mere Nick; sorry, but there's not a lot of scope for discussion or participation in this thread, so I'm going to close it. But thank you for sharing the joke.

Ariel
Heaven Host

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016