homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » For

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: For
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I get forgiveness. I can let go of the desire for revenge, and love the perpetrator, with God's help.

The difficulty comes with trust. Once people have let me down, I don't trust them any more. The relationship will never be the same again. It has been sullied.

The questions are: can I and must I trust them again? How necessary is trust in a relationship? And how does trust figure in our relationship with God? I age complete test in God, but how can God have trust in me, when I'm bound to get it wrong again however much I try to get it right?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This was a mis-post. Sorry.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I know what you mean. I know analogies always fail at some point (as I said on the Trinity thread) but I'll use one now: lending money. How many of us has lent friends money and been let down as to repayment? I have. Should we lend again? Is this not like the love of God? "Trust" is really only an expectation that we'll receive something back but true love is unconditional, as is the love of God. So, if we are to love others as we love God...
Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Emily Windsor-Cragg
Shipmate
# 17687

- Posted      Profile for Emily Windsor-Cragg   Author's homepage   Email Emily Windsor-Cragg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When I have an experience that teaches me, trust is impossible ... I move on, and --

I adapt my behavior so that Trust is no longer necessary ... there.

And I look for trust someplace else.

:shrug: I don't know if this is right or wrong.

Emily

Posts: 326 | From: California | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016