homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Sydney Meet at Pirate Church in Paddington - Monday 15 Apr

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Sydney Meet at Pirate Church in Paddington - Monday 15 Apr
The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
G'day all, I'm baaaaaack!!

So, I'm sure you would all have seen this message from jugular on the antipodean thread:
quote:
Originally posted by jugular:
Shipmates in Sydney - I can now provide you with links for the Pirate Church show. YAY!

Monday 15 April in Sydney (Paddington Uniting Church, 8.30pm) - you can see the Facebook event here, and the ticket booking site here.

If youse could all come and bring dozens of your mates, that would be grand!

What better opportunity is there for a meet?

The show is at 8:30pm at Paddington Uniting Church, and if there are enough people interested I'm sure that it would be easy enough to meet somewhere close by for a quick drink beforehand.

As for the show, Pirate Church is a loving satire about the wonderful world of religion.

And the pirates? Well, it seems that faith has become a game for landlubbers. People who don’t understand the terror and glory of The Deep. Pirate Church is for mischief-makers and free-spirits. It’s for those who long to dance a jig at twilight in the salty air. It’s for those who love a good fight, a good yarn, and a good bottle o’ rum. Sounds perfect for everyone here.

You can buy tickets at the door, but it's even better to buy them beforehand, and you can get them from the link above.

It would be great to see as many of you there as possible, so come along and bring your friends!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You beat me to it! I'd been meaning to start this thread all week, having told Jugs I would when I saw him in Perf recently.

I am planning to attend, along with my comedy writing co-conspirator who is a non-Shippee.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will be attending the one in Newcastle on the 14th

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Mid

Officer and a gentleman
# 1559

- Posted      Profile for The Mid   Email The Mid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Looking forward to meet you Mr Curly, and hopefully some sneak peaks of the 17th man before the upcoming Ashes tour! [Razz]

--------------------
For God so loved the world She got involved

Posts: 3022 | From: The Wardroom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

- Posted      Profile for jugular     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so glad to hear that you guys are coming. Our shows have been going well in Melbourne, but tickets sales are... a little bit shit. Every dollar helps me to eat. And, for those who have met me, you know I need more food in my life.

--------------------
We’ve got to act like a church that hasn’t already internalized the narrative of its own decline Ray Suarez

Posts: 2599 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mid:
Looking forward to meet you Mr Curly, and hopefully some sneak peaks of the 17th man before the upcoming Ashes tour! [Razz]

Crumbs, The Mid, you're in for a treat. The other half of The 17th Man team will be accompanying me on Monday night, for what we are thinking of as a professional development outing.

mr curly

--------------------

rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jugular:
I'm so glad to hear that you guys are coming. Our shows have been going well in Melbourne, but tickets sales are... a little bit shit. Every dollar helps me to eat. And, for those who have met me, you know I need more food in my life.

Yes, I've noticed you're fading away to a shadow lately [Big Grin]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
jugular
Voice of Treason
# 4174

- Posted      Profile for jugular     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm assuming we're all going to go large on Oxford St after the show. The Mid has agreed to wear drag.

--------------------
We’ve got to act like a church that hasn’t already internalized the narrative of its own decline Ray Suarez

Posts: 2599 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

What is this "going large" of which you speak? On a Monday evening? Surely we'll be looking for a pub showing QandA!

mr curly

--------------------

Nunc Dimittis
Seamstress of Sound
# 848

- Posted      Profile for Nunc Dimittis   Email Nunc Dimittis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oxford Street? oh boy, wish I could be there...

Good ole days at the Saigon Bay (if it's still there - you could always do a Campfire Beef/Chicken/Pork).

Posts: 9515 | From: Delta Quadrant | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

One more sleep!

mr curly

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

So, what's happening? Pre or post?

my curly

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Garrrrr-men

It were good!

mr curly

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any publishable stories about what happened after? Monday nights are generally near impossible for me, and last night even more so.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

Lack of interaction on this thread meant there was not much post show action. Jugs was exhausted after the season run.

The Diary of the 17th Man team indulged at Max Brenner - it was a night for hot chocolate - and headed back to our North Shore bolt-holes.

The show itself was excellent. Funny, insightful, thought provoking, funny.

mr curly

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016