homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Yorkshire Scultpture Park - 5th May 2013

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Yorkshire Scultpture Park - 5th May 2013
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hello all!

I've been on the ship for a long time, but haven't posted that much recently. However, I'd like to invite everyone who's sailed with me to help me celebrate my wedding by coming to the post wedding picnic at 1pm on the 5th May 2013.

We've not sorted out where we will meet in the park yet, but it's likely to be at the car park. We'll be operating on a bring and share basis with the basics provided by us. There will be wedding cake and cakes for all!

Anyone fancy coming?

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations on your news, Sophs - and the picnic sounds like a really lovely idea. Realistically, it doesn't look like a proposition for me - too far away geographically and too many unknowns between now and then - but I hope you have a fantastic day and a very happy life together.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Sophs! I am sorry that I have to work on Sundays, so I'm not going to be able to join you from the Midlands, but I hope that the Day is perfect and that you make lots of happy memories to look back on when it is past.

Every blessing to you both.

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sophs we will save the date and try to join you to celebrate. On previous experiences trying to get there on public transport is a bit hit and missbut e will keep the date free.

LRP nd Balaam

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Likewise Sunday would be out for Rosa but I can come.
We have really enjoyed our trips to YSP including two ship meets.
The all day parking has gone up to £7.50 wherever you park - the best car park to meet at is at the bottom of the hill where the cafe is - those who have been before can tell us which this is.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rosa said that she will try to get away really promptly so that we can both make it by 1pm.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

- Posted      Profile for sophs   Author's homepage   Email sophs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounds brilliant! I can't wait to see you there.

Any more takers?

[Yipee]

Posts: 5407 | From: searching saharas of sorrow | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

Just bumping this to say that any shipmates coming from York/Leeds/Bradford lifts can be arranged. Or Ilkley as that's where we'll be spending our wedding night [Yipee] [Yipee]

Also, if anyone wants to come to the service at 2pm in St Pauls Church in Shipley you are all most welcome and if you let me know before hand I'll make space in the reception. If you just turn up I'll make minion drag a table specially for you!

As it's only 6 weeks I'm getting a little excited now!

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Like Qlib, we're unable to come but will remember you on the day (we need to have a Ship's virtual picnic for all those unable to be there) and offer all best wishes for a wonderful wedding and happy life together.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And we likes piccies, we does...
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

I shall provide photos after the big day!
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sadly it won't be practical for us to join you for a multitude of reasons, but we'll think of you and send you many good wishes for the day and the rest of your lives together [Smile]
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Intentions are to be there with three demonspawn.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm off to Rome on the 4th of May so can't come [Frown]

Another time I will [Smile]

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

- Posted      Profile for Derf   Email Derf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're expecting sophs to get married many other times?! [Biased]
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Derf:
You're expecting sophs to get married many other times?! [Biased]

Hehe - no, but I'm hoping they'll arrange many more meets!
Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations, Sophs [Smile] Life's changed so much since your early days on the ship! I still remember seeing you in Winchester many moons ago.

Hope you have a lovely day x

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Despite my previous post I will be there on my own as Rosa has an extra service in the afternoon and her vicar is on Sabbattical.

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

Excellent. I can't wait to see you there.

Less than 2 weeks now and the house looks like a china shop. Complete with random stuff lying about in unlabeled boxes that need to go to the hotel, church, venue...and copious amounts of wine and biscuits for the reception!

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Sophs -
Is there anything we need to bring?
As we are having a picnic I assume we will be meeting at the picnic area carpark - Driveside - rather than at the main visitor centre?

--------------------

sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

Yes we're meeting at the picnic area, if you could bring some food to share that would be great, but otherwise we will have enough!

Will be good to see you!

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Best wishes for a fabulous day.

Being on the other side of the world makes attendance difficult, but I will be there in my thoughs.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have a wonderful day. I haven't the excuse of being on the other side of the world, just a bit further south in the same country.

I've only been to the sculpture park once and that was by accident- we were driving from Sheffield to York and came across it- but I'd love to go back one day.

May is a good time to get married - our anniversary is the 8th.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi after doing homework on trains its looks like we would be best coming into Leeds as it's a bus from there to wakefield is it okay for a lift from Leeds we can be in Leeds at 12 10.

Please PM me for contact details if need be.

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

Could you come into Shipley? Then we can easily pick you up. Should be able to drop you off in Hud afterwards if that's ok?
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Shipley should be okay at least the buses will take less time, unless we look into staying overnight. Any suggestions for accommodation rather than travelling over twice.
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
sophs, I don't think I've ever engaged directly with you here, but you've posted things I've enjoyed and appreciated in the past, and I really like your avatar, so I just wanted to say congratulations, have a good day, and happy new marriage [Smile]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvanddaisies:
sophs, I don't think I've ever engaged directly with you here, but you've posted things I've enjoyed and appreciated in the past, and I really like your avatar, so I just wanted to say congratulations, have a good day, and happy new marriage [Smile]

Exactly what luvanddaisies said, from me and my household! [Overused]

Mrs. S, in a congratulatory mood x

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
sophs

Sardonic Angel
# 2296

quote:
Originally posted by LRP:
Shipley should be okay at least the buses will take less time, unless we look into staying overnight. Any suggestions for accommodation rather than travelling over twice.

My family will be staying in
Abbey Lodge Hotel It's opposite the church and pretty close to the station. It's also where I'll be staying the night before!

Luv and Mrs S - Thanks so much! It's all at the scary/exciting stage and very close to the mad panic stage!

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wishing you all happiness sophs. I'll be thinking of you.
Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Thanks Sophs had a look at your suggestion but its full. We can easily get to Shipley from Leeds.
Derf
Shipmate
# 2093

Sophs, just in case I don't remember to post/message you closer to the day I wanted to send you very much love and best wishes for a fabulous weekend, and an even better married life.
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

I'm sorry but I really can't make this after all.
I have been off work for a couple of days this week with a chesty cold and I need to get well so that I can go back to work on Tuesday. I hope that there are plenty of people who do get there.
Best wishes to you both and hopefully we will bump into you at Greenbelt as usual.

--------------------

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations and best wishes and sorry I won't be there tomorrow.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We had a good time at the Wedding and reception. So congrats again to Sophs and Mr Sophs.

As for the Sculpture Park , my brother goes back to the Netherlands today, so LRP an I will not be able to attend after all.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016