homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Greenbelt 40 - August Bank Holiday, Cheltenham
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have looked through All Saints several times and we don't seem to have the Greenbelt thread this year.
Greenbelt is 40 this year so there are a lot of things from the past and birthday parties.
Who is going then?
Are there any US Shipmates coming?
What do we think of the line up etc etc??

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We always go and in recent years have camped with friends as a group. I used to have a stall there a few years ago selling cloth nappies and handmade clothes and jewellery [Smile] that was great fun but very hard work! Not looked at the listings yet, will have a peep later.
Will there be a ship meet?

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll be there with Mrs hearmeroar and our new baby too. Mrs hearmeroar is 41 weeks pregnant, so we're hoping the little one graces us with his/her presence soon!

We're pretty hardened greenbelters now, and camp religiously. Anyone have any particular tips for camping with a 4 month old at GB? We have an emergency escape plan of a vicar friend who lives about 40 mins from Cheltenham who has offered to have us to stay if everything gets too difficult, but I'm hoping we'll endure (and enjoy!) the camping.

--------------------
My blog: http://alastairnewman.wordpress.com/

Posts: 642 | From: London, UK | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations!
We camped with both our kids as babies, the youngest was only 2 months at his first Greenbelt. Do not underestimate how cold it will be at night. We had planned on him being in a Moses basket (not sure why as he usually slept in our bed anyway) but he was clearly getting cold and ended up in our double sleeping bag with us. Other than that no problems, be prepared to feed instantly when he/she wakes crying but there will be loads of other babies in the curfew area so don't worry about disturbing others. I do recommend the curfew area, not being kept awake by youth groups at 2am is very helpful.
In the daytime I often fed Zadok (then aged 7 months) in the performance cafe and them put him under the table to sleep on a blanket. It led to lots of surprised looks from others.
I believe there is a baby bathing/ feeding area these days which would be very useful. We used to bath our in a plastic storage box and people used to come up and take photos!

[ 23. April 2013, 12:42: Message edited by: Heavenly Anarchist ]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes, I am going. I don't do camping, I am staying in a place in the centre.

Lineup - I know there will be plenty of stuff I will enjoy. I will wait until much closer before I make my choices.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are planning n going but I think we have decided not to camp. Various reasons, but mainly because all the mud nearly broke me last year!

We need to introduce The Little Mister to the delights of the festival [Smile]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are already booked and looking forward to it. A bit complicated this year. After the mud of last year, I have booked into the nearest Premier Inn, for me and the 2 god daughters.

Their Dad will camp, but will bring the Big Tent, in case we change our minds and want to camp after all. We won't.

Their mum will come in daily, with the 2 younger ones.

Mr Weeder will stay and home and ponder on the folly of festival going and camping or hotel staying in general.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We'll there, parents in a hotel and teenagers camping. Last year's rain and mud was almost biblical with water running through the marquees and performance spaces, to say nothing of the camping fields. Any babes left under tables would likely have floated away! Greenbelt do have a tent with facilities for babies and small children so I think baby shipmates will be fine.
Special highlights to look forward to for me and mine are Beer & Hymns, FolkOn and Sunday morning communion. Plus the whole experience of the weekend. It's like an all you can eat God buffet!

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by SyNoddy:
...It's like an all you can eat God buffet!

Quotes file!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

SyNoddy, your favourites list sounds similar to mine. Are FolkOn there again? My kids will be ecstatic and I suspect the youngest will want to fulfil last year's promise to make a banner in support of Ernie!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
We are already booked and looking forward to it. A bit complicated this year. After the mud of last year, I have booked into the nearest Premier Inn, for me and the 2 god daughters.

The Premier Inn also has our custom this year!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

It gets our custom for Thursday so we don't have to drive down early.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've been volunteering for rather a long time, and was starting to think I might drift away...but I find my attention grabbed by a headline act.

The fact that he is an author reminds me how old I am, and how long I have been going. Still like living in a tent, though.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Everyone except me at the Premier. I am at the Central, which, I suspect, is quite a bit cheaper. No breakfast, but I will take some cereal and milk, and be fine!

Having just heard that Milton Jones will be there, I now know my must-see gig.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

Each to their own but I find Milton Jones unbearable and I find my teeth go on edge as soon as I clap eyes on him!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm taxi'ing again. [Smile]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

- Posted      Profile for SyNoddy     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
SyNoddy, your favourites list sounds similar to mine. Are FolkOn there again? My kids will be ecstatic and I suspect the youngest will want to fulfil last year's promise to make a banner in support of Ernie!

So I have been given to understand! FolkOn became a firm favourite last year and their CD is required listening whenever we go on family manoeuvres. Will await the Ernie banner with much anticipation
[Yipee]

Posts: 53 | From: Somewhere near the Middle | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My church (the Order of the Black Sheep) has been asked to do a service. This means we will probably be there after all - our normal meal ticket^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h role there having fallen through.

I'm expecting to find out more on Sunday.

I'm hoping we'll be able to camp as an tOotBS group.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Funny after all these years of going to GB I rarely spot what are the 'firm favourites of last year" - what is this FolkOn to which you refer?

We will be at our usual B&B and probably doing something with our friends at Blessed in the big top.

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SyNoddy
Shipmate
# 17009

FolkOn are Donald, Edmund & Derek - a trio of Costwold folk musicians with a nice line in comedy songs.
Ernie is a slug who meets a messy death in a 'salty bath of shame', Black Beauty is a recently deceased horse and 'I'm in love with a Morris Dancer' tells the tragic tale of young love destroyed by a shotgun toating homicidal father! And that's just a small sample of some of their delights -
All far more jolly than might be thought from the description.

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I found their website. The second clip is about Ernie.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just booked, sneaking in for the cheaper tickets before the April 30th deadline! We will camp again this year, despite the nightmare of the rain/mud last year. Statistically it's unlikely to be that bad again, right? However have made the decision to go to GB without children this year (Hooray for grandparents!) as we just felt so frustrated last year at missing so much that we wanted to see/hear as it would only have worked for the adults.
Looking forward to it now!

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Ive just seen that they have Black Rebel Motorcycle Club signed up. Which is pretty cool.

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
My church (the Order of the Black Sheep) has been asked to do a service. This means we will probably be there after all - our normal meal ticket^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h role there having fallen through.

I'm expecting to find out more on Sunday.

I'm hoping we'll be able to camp as an tOotBS group.

It's looking quite likely that I will now be there with a guitar hanging around my neck. If I'm asked to play "Shine Jesus Shine" it might get wrapped around someone else's.

I do not have a rainbow guitar strap. And my guitar can play more than four chords [Biased]

--------------------

geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

Following previous post - we should be there with this lot.
The main picture is from the Big Top service last year.

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Carys

Ship's Celticist
# 78

- Posted      Profile for Carys   Email Carys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So no craft tent Karl?

I'll be with the Franciscans

Carys

--------------------
O Lord, you have searched me and know me
You know when I sit and when I rise

Posts: 6896 | From: Bryste mwy na thebyg | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll be venue stewarding again. Same team, different venue place, and name, our old site (according to the GB blog) having been taken over by the relocated Performance Cafe, 'Nuts,' and [Smile] wine bar.

I'll also be with the TO Franciscans as usual.

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by Carys:
So no craft tent Karl?

I'll be with the Franciscans

Carys

Alas not this year.

--------------------

East Price Road
Shipmate
# 13846

- Posted      Profile for East Price Road   Email East Price Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Will be there. Looking forward to seeing Eliza Carthy. Am hoping there's more to be announced of the line-up.

--------------------
"Fishes stop and ask me where I'm bound." (Incredible String Band)

Posts: 739 | From: West Yorkshire | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:

The Premier Inn also has our custom this year!

Auntie Doris x

Which one? We are at the one neaest to the Racecourse.

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Emma Louise

Storm in a teapot
# 3571

- Posted      Profile for Emma Louise   Email Emma Louise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We're not for the first time in 10 years! Mainly financial reasons, but we will also have some Australian visitors and will be showing the delights of Dorset instead.

We camped quite a lot with a baby. Can be exhausting if baby doesn't get much sleep but can be great fun waking up and going out on the grass and seeing their enjoyment of it all.

- think about sleeping. As said above can be cold. We've at various times used a travel cot, sleeping ready bed or sort of co-slept. When breastfeeding I think I just latched on and pretty much left her there in order to maximise sleep.

- mine woke with the dawn at Greenbelt - the parents tent was wonderful at that time when you don't want to wake the campsite up. My husband took our little one last year (8 month then) and there were a lot of dad's and babies [Smile] They also set up baths at night and provide you with tea. This is good.

It's a different festival when you have children, but at 4 months they can still be put in a sling/pushchair and come around to whatever you want to do. Next year they will be running around, wanting food etc! Have a fantastic time.

Posts: 12719 | From: Enid Blyton territory. | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Emma Louise:
It's a different festival when you have children, but at 4 months they can still be put in a sling/pushchair and come around to whatever you want to do. Next year they will be running around, wanting food etc! Have a fantastic time.

And before you know it, you won't see them from one meal to the next... We're just getting used to Greenbelt without children, more or less - they're now both old enough to go round by themselves all day without parents getting in the way. As our first GB was when the younger one was 18 months, this is quite a change for us!

[ 12. July 2013, 15:54: Message edited by: Rev per Minute ]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Miffy

Ship's elephant
# 1438

- Posted      Profile for Miffy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm very much hoping the current spell of hot weather will last right up to and beyond the Bank Holiday weekend.

Am I being hopelessly optimistic?

--------------------
"I don't feel like smiling." "You're English dear; fake it!" (Colin Firth "Easy Virtue")
Growing Greenpatches

Posts: 4739 | From: The Kitchen | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Miffy:
I'm very much hoping the current spell of hot weather will last right up to and beyond the Bank Holiday weekend.

Am I being hopelessly optimistic?

I hope not. We are camping the week before and I am dreaming of a hot sunny trip. For a change!

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

ken
Ship's Roundhead
# 2460

- Posted      Profile for ken     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, please, let it be cooler! Camping is murder in weather like this!

--------------------
Ken

L’amor che move il sole e l’altre stelle.

Posts: 39579 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can anyone please remember how soon to the Festival weekend they send out tickets? We're about to move house sometime over the Summer and I'm trying to second-guess which address to have them sent to!

many thanks
HH

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

My wristband arrived a couple of weeks ago. Which is very exciting!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No wristbands here yet, but we didn't actually get round to buying tickets till just before the end of June, so I'm assuming we'll not be at the top of the list for getting them sent out. Harmony Hope, it might be an idea to phone the Greenbelt office and explain, and maybe they will take pity on you and send you the wristbands before you move (although then of course it's down to you not to lose them in the chaos of moving! [Smile] ).

We're camping, and I really hope it's not this hot. Dry yes, hot no. A few years ago I remember having to get up at about 7 each morning despite being knackered, because the tent was already so hot I couldn't breathe (actually that might have been at Womad rather than Greenbelt, but it's the same tent so heat at GB would have the same effect).

Apart from Amadou and Mariam I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the headliners, but there are quite a few things I'm looking forward to on the line-up. My obscure musical top tip this time is Mama Rosin - I saw them supporting another band a few years back and thought they were brilliant: a Cajun band from that well-known Cajun heartland, Switzerland ...

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
harmony hope
Shipmate
# 4070

- Posted      Profile for harmony hope   Email harmony hope   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jack the Lass - thank you that's a good idea but they're complimentary tickets via a church agency I did some work for so I'm relying on them to post them on to me!

I think that any type of weather has to be better this year than last year's terrible rain and mud!

Excited now [Smile] (4th year for us)

--------------------
'God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.'

Posts: 645 | From: gentle rolling Oxfordshire countryside | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

- Posted      Profile for iamchristianhearmeroar   Author's homepage   Email iamchristianhearmeroar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
GB is starting for feel really close now. Been getting myself over-revved listening to Bellowhead and Duke Special this evening...

--------------------

Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

- Posted      Profile for Manipled Mutineer   Author's homepage   Email Manipled Mutineer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am going en famille for the day on the Sunday and would be grateful for some advice. Is there any danger of not getting in if I wait to get my tickets on the day or am I fairly safe to do so? (Could do without more £ on credit card this month if avoidable...)

--------------------
Collecting Catholic and Anglo-
Catholic books

Posts: 1533 | From: Glamorgan, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
iamchristianhearmeroar
Shipmate
# 15483

I can't remember Greenbelt having sold out in the last 8 years I've been going, but that's not to say it won't of course. If you email the office they might let you know the likelihood of getting tickets for Sunday on the day. Or put up a post on the facebook group?

--------------------

Laxton's Superba
Shipmate
# 228

- Posted      Profile for Laxton's Superba   Email Laxton's Superba   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anyone know which day Martyn Joseph is on - I can't see on the GB website, or on his own. Can't afford to come for all of it sadly.
Posts: 187 | From: I wish I knew | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

quote:
Originally posted by Laxton's Superba:
Does anyone know which day Martyn Joseph is on - I can't see on the GB website, or on his own. Can't afford to come for all of it sadly.

Sunday and Monday according to his website. Come on the Monday. Last I heard that's when we (Order of the Black Sheep)'ll be doing some worship.

--------------------

Laxton's Superba
Shipmate
# 228

- Posted      Profile for Laxton's Superba   Email Laxton's Superba   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks Karl. Why didn't I see that then?! Yes I will probably come on the Monday. What do you get up to?
Posts: 187 | From: I wish I knew | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shipmate
# 76

Hard to describe. It's the first time I've played electric guitar in an ecclesiastical setting without being asked to (a) turn the distortion off, (b) just play the chords, (c) make it sound more like an acoustic and/or (d) play something awful from Songs of Fluffiness. Normally though we don't do live music at our services, so it's all a bit experimental.

That there's been a running joke about wearing "Post Happy-Clappy" t-shirts might tell you something. Our main services are Eucharistic unless our priest is away, and my understanding is that the services we're doing at GB also will be.

Other than that I would expect audio-visual montages dramatising the readings and liturgy.

--------------------

Horatio Harumph
Shipmate
# 10855

- Posted      Profile for Horatio Harumph     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm in.

Room booked. Ticket sorted.

Looking forwards to it. Had last year off totally, this will be my first year in about 8 being there just as a punter.

cant wait [Smile]

--------------------
www.helenblogs.com
@helen_a13

Chocolate is proof that God wants us to be happy.

welsh dragon

Shipmate
# 3249

- Posted      Profile for welsh dragon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Which Premier Inn are you all staying at? After a couple of years missing Greenbelt we have booked into Premier West. (I think there's another one too). Maybe we could have a Greenbelt breakfast corner or something?

Sorry to be missing you Emma

Posts: 5352 | From: ebay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

Incidentally, if anyone follows me on twitter (@s_cat) I am planning to do a selfie each day so any of my followers there can recognise me.

In the desperate hope that I won't be entirely alone for the whole weekend (self-pitying smilie).

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment

Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have never been before but this year will be volunteering at the Student Christian Movement stand and camping in the SCM area. Would be nice for Shippies to pop over and say hello!

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016