homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Climb down out of my ass.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Climb down out of my ass.
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Enough is enough, g-men. I know most here don't like him, but so what? He isn't the one up your ass.

article

If he hadn't have died, maybe Walter White could have saved the country.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not generally fond of the author of the article you cite. Reputation as reactionary and grandstander, but he makes some points, even if almost to the point of writing literary prose. I'm seeing violence as the common currency of human discourse these days, sold to us as the normal way of solving problems and talking amongst ourselves. I'm also seeing outrage, and vicarious outrage, as the thing we're supposed to feel, when we're not laughing at the misfortune of others.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The police. For when you're too psychotic and trigger-happy for the Army.
Posts: 679 | From: Connectilando | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone seems to miss the fact that the dog did smell drugs. Since the poor guy didn't have any in him it's obvious the police were carrying. There should be a thorough cavity search of all the policeman who were involved in searching him.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or, you know, maybe the dog was wrong.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The curious incident of the dog in the night-time. With a head-cold. And a reputation to maintain. And an expired license*. (A license? Dogs have to apply for a license? What madness is this?)

*Apparently that's how they spell it in America.

Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

- Posted      Profile for Mockingale   Email Mockingale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
The curious incident of the dog in the night-time. With a head-cold. And a reputation to maintain. And an expired license*. (A license? Dogs have to apply for a license? What madness is this?)

*Apparently that's how they spell it in America.

Yes. The correct way.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last time we were in the US we saw a car roll at a stop sign. Police dragged the bloke out and spread eagled him on the bonnet of his car, yelling at him.

That for something which isn't even against the law over here.

Heavy handed? Oh yes.

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mockingale
Shipmate
# 16599

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Last time we were in the US we saw a car roll at a stop sign. Police dragged the bloke out and spread eagled him on the bonnet of his car, yelling at him.

Heavy handed? Oh yes.

There are good police officers. But too many are entitled bullies with guns and a badge over here, and that turns them into paranoid, trigger-happy control freaks. Combine that with the police subculture of not ratting out even the bad cops (known as the blue code of silence), and all it takes is a bad few to corrupt an entire department.
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boogie:
quote:

According to the Highway Code (see here) it is illegal over here as well. However, the police are unlikely to bother booking you for it unless your failure to stop at the stop sign results in an accident.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:

Heavy handed? Oh yes.

maybe the person driving was wanted for multiple counts of armed assault and the cops finally caught up to him when they ran his license plate upon seeing the California stop.

you don't know.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Excuse me, sir, but I see you're wanted for questioning in a bit of an assault bother. I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the station, if you wouldn't mind." works only in Miss Marple stories, I guess. [Razz]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last time I was in the US I was in a car that rolled through a stop sign. And Then The Police Came.

No spreadeagling involved though.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People never stop at stop signs around here.(except for goody two-shoes dips like me, apparently.) I would pay cash money to see that scenario. I would cackle madly like a Bond villain if I saw it.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You know, This is what comes of reading a thread backwards, especially when lacking sleep. I thought it was about tailgating.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suppose journalese might headline the scandal of receiving an enema while unconsenting as "Tail Gate".

And apparently some people do pay money to see the "scenario" so to speak.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Jesus, when I faux pas, I do it with elan.

I would like to state for the record that the above is highly fucked up and I was only Bond villain-chucking at the idea of one of my obnoxious fellow residents being mildly frisked after doing a Hollywood stop.

I was just coming off a really suckacious commute; y'all have no idea.

[ 19. November 2013, 07:07: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016