homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » churchgeek travels across the USA, sorta

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: churchgeek travels across the USA, sorta
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just posted a Nor Cal thread re: my move back to Detroit.

I'm planning on driving, and will be leaving the Bay Area May 15th. First, I'll be heading to Santa Barbara to visit friends there for a few days. (Any shipmates in the area?)

Then it's off to my next stop - Denver. That's where I have a place to stay next. Any shipmates live between Santa Barbara and Denver? To be honest, I'd love to find a place to crash between those two cities; it's a 15-hour drive, and I'd like to be able to enjoy the trip more than a 15-hour straight drive would allow! I'll have an air mattress with me.

After Denver, I still haven't worked out the exact itinerary, but I'm planning to have a shipmeet in Chicago, as well as visit friends in Indianapolis, Dayton, and Milwaukee.

I'm open to shipmeets or just individual visits all along the way. But I can't tell you exact dates yet for any of these cities. Perhaps this thread will help me firm up my plans.

I'm really looking forward to this opportunity to drive across the country (I've always wanted to do that) and to see friends. It would also be wonderful to meet more shipmates!

Feel free to post here or to PM me! Thanks!

[ 04. April 2014, 18:44: Message edited by: churchgeek ]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm happy to host churchgeek chez Mamacita and help arrange a local shipmeet!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay drive-through churchgeek, and yay shipmeet!

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While Chicago to Indy is a perfectly doable day's drive, you'd be welcome to stop off in South Bend on the way. Depending on dates, I may be able to make it to Chicago for a meet too.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've started plotting a map of my trip, marking places where I've received offers to stay, and a couple that are potentials, and one that's a place of interest along the way (Flagstaff) where I'd probably stop to eat.

I figured I'd share it here. Obviously, it's not a very refined map! I wouldn't share that publicly, anyway.

You can see, though, I've got a huge stretch between Denver and Milwaukee...

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

I still have two really long stretches in my trip, and if anyone has a place to crash somewhere along those stretches, it would be much appreciated:

--Between Santa Barbara and Santa Fe
--Between Denver and Waterloo, IA

Here's my new map.

The older map included Flagstaff just because I intend to stop there for a meal if I don't have a place to stay between Santa Barbara and Santa Fe.

I don't mind changing my route, even making it longer, if it would mean I could meet folks and have shorter legs of the journey.

Anyone here live in Arizona or Nebraska?

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016