homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Me and another set of bishop's hands.... April 26th

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Me and another set of bishop's hands.... April 26th
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Back in September, I professed perpetual vows in my religious community and the next day was ordained deacon. I was blissfully startled by the number of shipmates that made the trek to sunny Indiana to participate in these ceremonies. I do not expect a repeat of that outpouring of generosity, but I would like to again extend the invitation. On April 26th, at 2pm Bishop Kevin Rhoades will come to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Notre Dame, IN, to ordain me and my classmate as priests.

I will be presiding at Mass for the first time the next day: April 27th. I will also be doing some traveling for Masses of Thanksgiving in places that have been important to me. On June 22nd, I will preside at Holy Spirit parish in Berkeley, CA (NoCal Mass meet?) and on July 6th I will be at St. Thomas More parish in Knebworth, England (Hertfordshire).

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again I won't be able to join you at any of those events but my prayers will be with you.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May Our Lord bless you as you begin your lifework.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going to try to make it to the ordination on April 26. (And liking the 2PM start time better than the 10:00 gig [Smile] )

Hey NoCal Shippies, if there's a MassMeet in June, keep me posted, 'K?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
All the best for the next stage of your vocation, Hart.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our prayers are with you, my dear fellow.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My prayers too

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mine likewise [Votive] - and I'm hoping to be at Knebworth.

BG

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pomona
Shipmate
# 17175

- Posted      Profile for Pomona   Email Pomona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] [Yipee]

--------------------
Consider the work of God: Who is able to straighten what he has bent? [Ecclesiastes 7:13]

Posts: 5319 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And here's the Press Release. Once we've survived Holy Week, this will start to feel a whole lot more real!

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No promises as yet as I haven't got my diary up to date, but Knebworth is definitely within driving distance for me. I was so sorry not to be able to attend your deaconification (neologism) that it would be great to have an opportunity to support you in your ongoing vocation.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hart, do I recall correctly that Holy Spirit parish was where you first went to a Catholic Church and realized very quickly that you had found Home? Have a blessed mass there, a blessed first mass, and blessed all the ones in between and to come. And a blessed ordination and a blessed life.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hope to make it - it looks doable from where I live as long as there isn't mega-engineering works going on on the railways.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

quote:
Originally posted by Autenrieth Road:
Hart, do I recall correctly that Holy Spirit parish was where you first went to a Catholic Church and realized very quickly that you had found Home? Have a blessed mass there, a blessed first mass, and blessed all the ones in between and to come. And a blessed ordination and a blessed life.

That's right. "Home" with a capital "H"... I like it. That captures exactly what the Spirit put into my gut.

Wonderful to hear there could be a shiply contingent in Knebworth! The church is indeed a short walk from the train station.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've pencilled the Knebworth date into the diary too.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Someone will Mystery Worship, yes?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I knew I shouldn't have posted on this thread.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

At 2pm EST, the Ordination Mass will be live cast. Photos will go up within a week afterwards.

[coding]

[ 22. April 2014, 01:33: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Olaf
Shipmate
# 11804

- Posted      Profile for Olaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hart:
At 2pm EST, the Ordination Mass will be live cast. Photos will go up within a week afterwards.

[coding]

Bump...live right now.

Prayers for Hart and his fellow ordinand. [Votive]

Kindly allow me an Ecclesiantics blessing (with advance apology):

May your thurible be brassy,
May your liturgy be Massy,
May your songs be happy-clappy,
And may your crotalus be slappy.

Best wishes!

Posts: 8953 | From: Ad Midwestem | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was a little late to the ceremony (I came in at the Consecration), but I didn't miss the beaming face of our newly consecrated Father in God (and the other ordinand, as well).

I have been following your journey, Hart, from the point you entered the seminary. This is not a final ending, but it is the ending of the beginning.

Ad multos annos, Father! God bless you always wherever your path leads you.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
JB

Independent Thinker
# 1776

- Posted      Profile for JB   Email JB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Where are you? We want to meet up?

Check PM

--------------------
You live, you learn
You learn, you live

Posts: 2588 | From: Land of Enchantment | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations, Father Hart, and best wishes for the next stage of your journey.

[Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God bless you always, Father Hart! [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God bless you in your journey with Him. [Votive]

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Thank you all!

Here are the photos and video.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

MW reports have been posted.

--------------------

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016