homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » NoCal Mass Meet

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: NoCal Mass Meet
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Sunday, June 22nd, I'll be celebrating a Mass of Thanksgiving at Holy Spirit Parish (Newman Hall) in Berkeley, CA at 10am. It would be great to see some shipmates while I'm in town! Would people be interested in doing lunch afterwards? We could say noon to make it a more plausible lunch time and, while I don't think there's any specific reception after the Mass, I'll probably want to hang around the place and catch up with some parish folks afterwards (it was my parish for three years while I was in CA). Shippies could either hang out too, or I could recommend good coffee options nearby to hang out at until I'm ready.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee]

That's a yes.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wish I could be there, but I have a Knights function at my parish. Would have been great to see you again!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Argh! I am insanely busy that day with a commitment during my own church service requiring me to stay late and a funeral. Will you be around Sat or Mon? Or after about 5-6 on Sunday?

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would lunch on Saturday work, AG?

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will you be posting your homile on your blog, Father?

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

Yes, but it might be delayed a few days as I'm not sure how good my wifi access will be, and I can't do that from my phone.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Bump) I am good for either Saturday or Sunday, but will possibly be without car, so I humbly request BARTability.

If nothing else, Hart, I won't miss the chance to see you preach.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

It looks like you might be the only shippy able to make the Mass, Kelly. My old choir have invited me to join them at a nearby cafe after the Mass, so why don't you just come along to that? We would normally decamp there after Masses, some people just having coffee, some having full lunches (which is what I'll be doing). At least, if they're still going to the same place (after I left in 2008!), they do good creative sandwiches, soups and salads. Newman Hall is walkable from Downtown Berkeley BART, and the cafe is on the way back.

AG and I are probably also doing lunch on Saturday. Should I message you when I know details?

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Sounds great.

--------------------

basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, I am working both Saturday and Sunday, so I'll miss this one. Sorry, Hart, and I'll be thinking of you.
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

What a lovely day!

First of all, I got to hear Father Hart preach, [Tear] ,I heard a number of very cool stories about his path to priesthood that I hadn't heard before and that really impressed me, and on the way back to BART I stumbled across a mini street fair featuring a very good band.

These guys. Mad Noise. Very much recommended. Kept me there another hour or so, Great day in Berkeley Ca.

[ 23. June 2014, 02:22: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016