homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » JtC in Sydney 7-11 July

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: JtC in Sydney 7-11 July
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My beloved and I will be in Sydney from the seventh 'til the eleventh of July.

DtC will be at a conference during the day except for the 10th when she is going to escape so we can see Sydney.

Due to bureaucratic stuff she has to return to the city in the west the evening the conference finishes (which is Thursday). We had been hoping she could stay on but alas, no. [Frown]

I/we would like to meet up with some of our Sydney shippies, so, any ideas.

If someone would be so kind as to offer me a bed for the night, I could return to Geelong on Friday or even Saturday as I have leave for the whole time. It would make things easier for DtC as I could take her to the airport and she would not be worrying about me driving overnight.

--------------------
"How do you get all those coins?" asked Mort.
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Posts: 3219 | From: Geelong | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, no can do accommodation now, James, as son now lives here.

A ship meet would be lovely and I think I'm free around that some. Now for others to speak up.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'll be away - sorry!

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

- Posted      Profile for James the Confident   Author's homepage   Email James the Confident   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No worries to both Loth and Mr.Curly. [Smile]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Bump

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Accommodation secured! [Big Grin] I'm still up for a meet though!

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Bump [Big Grin]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Vulpior

Foxier than Thou
# 12744

- Posted      Profile for Vulpior   Author's homepage   Email Vulpior   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Currently not expecting the be in a Sydney that week. Work is taking me up the Hume a little more often, but I try to bookend it to a Swans home game!

--------------------
I've started blogging. I don't promise you'll find anything to interest you at uncleconrad

Posts: 946 | From: Mount Fairy, NSW | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Bump

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thought I'd answered this. Any preferences for food, places, times etc? I have done something nasty to a ligament and find steps very awkward, so may need to take this into account for my attendance.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

I'll be in Sydney longer than I thought, I'm arriving on Saturday the 5th and leaving the following Friday.
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Bump

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Emendator Liturgia
Shipmate
# 17245

- Posted      Profile for Emendator Liturgia   Author's homepage   Email Emendator Liturgia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What part of the Greater Sydney area r u staying in, JtC? Can't do the weekend of 5-6, but after that would be good.

--------------------
Don't judge all Anglicans in Sydney by prevailing Diocesan standards!

Posts: 401 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

I'm staying at the Wynyard Travelodge for four nights, I'm in Wahroonga for a night either side of the main stay.

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Day off today, getting the car ready for my trip to Sydney tomorrow. [Big Grin]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

I'm here, waiting to pick Ms. Confident up from the airport at 2120. Am I impatient? Yup! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No need to blush, JtC - in your shoes I'd be impatient too. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
James the Confident
Ship's Pastor
# 9678

Due to a number of things, a ship meet didn't happen. [Frown] Dear moderator, please could you close this thread? Thank you. [Smile]

--------------------
IN PAIRS
"Mort", Terry Pratchett

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016