homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Open 2014

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Open 2014
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, who's going to win?

Rory is playing well and Tiger is getting there. It's very interesting at the moment.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is always hard to tell on Day 1. Even a slight change in weather conditions and a lot of the contenders could plummet.

I doubt Tiger will win, but I am glad that he is playing well enough that (barring disaster tomorrow) he should make the cut.

A lot of Italians near the top right now (Manassero, E. Molinari and F. Molinari)!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's too benign. The wind needs to start blowing. Sort out them as can from them as can't.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The course is playing a little tougher today (best round so far is -3), but is still fairly benign. The rumor is that tomorrow the weather is going to be nastier.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

So much for that. A couple of people are shooting -5 now.

Tiger had a bad day, but it looks like he will still make the cut. Barely. If the weather is bad tomorrow and his game is still off (like it was today) it could be a horror show.

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The forecast seems to be for continuous thunderstorms. Do you want to be standing in open country waving a metal stick in the air in those conditions? I'm seeing fried golfers all over the shop.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
agingjb
Shipmate
# 16555

- Posted      Profile for agingjb   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember Tom Watson getting off the course sharpish with the first roll of thunder many years ago. Sensible, and I imagine play will stop when the first sign of lightning appears. Finish on Monday or later?

Anyway it's Rory's turn; go!

--------------------
Refraction Villanelles

Posts: 464 | From: Southern England | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's Rory's to lose now, and the weather could still play a part.

Meanwhile in Germany, the women and Kylie Walker in particular are tearing up the course.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
deano
princess
# 12063

Some of the juniors from my local course went to Hoylake yesterday (me and my son couldn't go because we had something else that clashed) and they were a bit annoyed about the two tee start and early finish, but it was the right decision.

Go Rory!

--------------------

deano
princess
# 12063

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on yer Rory! Just The Masters now for a grand slam!

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016