homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Law Breakers Get Punished

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Law Breakers Get Punished
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was reading the Purg thread called A law to stop anyone from doing anything? . The game here is to invent a law against anti-social, annoying, poor behavior; the next player invents a suitable penalty and then proposes the next "crime" to be outlawed.

For example: Poster A: Passing gas in an enclosed space such as a bus, restaurant, theater.
Poster B: Penalty- Clean out a pig pen with a teaspoon for one week.

Keep it funny. No death penalties.
New law: Serving food on flimsy paper plates forbidden.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: the perpetrator shall wash up said plates leaving them in a fit state to be reused.

Law: It shall be forbidden to ask people watching television about the events or characters in a television program when the questioner could have learned the answers by not speaking over the program in the first place.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: The offender will be set in front of three TVs showing three different runs of programs and be expected to write a comprehensive summary of what was shown.

Law: It shall be forbidden for you to bring your yappy, aggressive little dog to the dog park.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Offender shall have to babysit three similar aggressive small yappy dogs for three hours while the whole thing is videoed to prevent opportunity for said offender to abuse the yappy dogs.

Law: It shall be forbidden to leave icy puddles all over the house floor.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The offender shall wear wet socks at all times, for the remainder of the current Winter.

Law: Leading, riding or driving a horse upon a public sidewalk on a week day is forbidden.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The offender's bare feet shall be fitted with steel horseshoes held on by nails.

It shall be prohibited to talk on a cellphone in a public place without enabling the loudspeaker at a volume sufficient so that all bystanders may easily hear both sides of the conversation.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: A year without a mobile.

Law: It is forbidden to walk slowly along a busy High Street, taking up all of the pavement as you natter with your friends so that no-one can pass.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Offenders will be required to wear hobbles for the next six weeks and hop everywhere.

Crime: Taking up more than one space in the car park is forbidden.

[ 10. January 2014, 16:20: Message edited by: Jane R ]

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: you get to cut your car where it crosses between the two spaces and remove a section the width of the line.

Law: Workmen must wear long enough shirt tails to prevent the display of "Plumber's Crack".

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: six month's parking in a specially designated compact spot with a post blocking the driver's side door, so that the driver will have to crawl over the gear shift column in order to get out of the car.

(Sorry, x-post. OK, offending workmen shall have their lower backs tattooed with the logo of their least favorite football team.)

Law: Reheating stinky leftovers in office common area microwaves shall be forbidden.

[ 10. January 2014, 18:22: Message edited by: Og, King of Bashan ]

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Og, King of Bashan:

Law: Reheating stinky leftovers in office common area microwaves shall be forbidden.

Penalty: the microwave will be relocated to the offender's personal workspace and his co-workers will bring in leftover Brussels sprouts.

Law: Thou shalt not take part in phone conferences with thy cheap echo-causing telephone.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Offenders shall be relocated to a desk in a 3 ft by 3 ft phone closet to stay there for six months or until someone else is banished into said closet.

Law: Thou shalt not make strong smells that fill up the whole train car. (Perfume, Axe, french fries, BO, whatever)

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:

Law: Thou shalt not take part in phone conferences with thy cheap echo-causing telephone.

Penalty:
You shall be taken to the kitchen where you shall be treated to all of the pots being dropped on the floor simultaneously. Second offences shall have the penalty increased to screaming accompanying the pot dropping.

Law:
It is prohibitted to ambulate or otherwise walk, to wit, on any public roadway or carriageway whilst texting, tweeting or otherwise focussing the eyes and thumbs on a cell or smart phone, also known as a mobile or a handy.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Bottoms. Took too long]

Penalty: All no verbal communication must be by semaphore for three months.

Law: Refectories and cafeteria must serve a greater choice of sandwich/bread roll than ham or cheese and ham.

[ 10. January 2014, 19:13: Message edited by: Sherwood ]

Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:

Law: Thou shalt not make strong smells that fill up the whole train car. (Perfume, Axe, french fries, BO, whatever)

Penalty: At the other end of the train from the "silent carriage" is the "stinky car". Guess where you get to sit?
quote:
Originally posted by Sherwood:

Law: Refectories and cafeteria must serve a greater choice of sandwich/bread roll than ham or cheese and ham.

Penalty: Proprietor will be served a slice of cheese between two slices of ham for every meal until he repents.

Law: I'm glad that you had an enjoyable night last night, but the rest of us in the train don't need to know what you did with that cute blonde from accounting.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Sit and watch a two hour, vacation slide show (old school) narrated by a sweet old couple of their visit to their grandkids in Fresno, CA.

Law: Squirrelly children may not run riot in a restaurant while the parents kick back talking and chugging beer.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: All other children in the restaurant will run around the misbehaving children's home while their parents sober up.

Law: Scent and perfume must not be applied in lifts/elevators.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Offenders sentenced to 3 months of using only stairways, hopefully with multiple bags of groceries and packages.

Law: "Borrowing" an untended umbrella is strictly forbidden, even though the borrower may claim s/he was going to return it to its place, as soon as convenient.

--------------------
Oinkster

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Wrestling with an umbrella in a wind tunnel for half an hour.

Law: It is forbidden to pack your shopping and only then to start rummaging for the means to pay, despite the long queue.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Penalty: Such people shall be automatically preceded in line by three to five elderly women who may try to hurry, but even when they do, will generally tell the cashier about their grandchildren, pay only with checks, and act generally spacey.

Law: One's co-workers shall do their own jobs instead of try to doing a someone else's job terribly.

[ 13. January 2014, 14:54: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: If they don't want to do their job, their post shall be filled by somebody else.

Law: Worship songs for use with congregations shall incorporate proper endings, such that fading-out is not possible, let alone necessary.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Worship songs shall be forbidden henceforth.

Law: Church organs may be played only by persons properly trained therefor.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: the offender shall be forced to learn the bagpipes.

Offence: Parents of children in prams/pushchairs etc. shall not walk 3 or 4 abreast at a snail's pace, blocking the entire pavement.

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Punishment: Family units shall walk only in single file, and the leading parent, AND the end of the line parent shall wear sandwich signs saying
WIDE LOAD

Forbidden for ladies to wear perilously low-cut blouses in any situation where leaning over to inspect their shoes or a coin on the sidewalk might incite public disorder.

[ 14. January 2014, 13:42: Message edited by: Pearl B4 Swine ]

--------------------
Oinkster

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: all men to revert to wearing very tall, starched Victorian stocks, thereby preventing them from viewing a female body anywhere below the top of the head.

Offence: Wearing T-shirts with oh-so-hilarious word plays on a common obscenity.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: The wearers get said obscenities shouted in their ears everywhere they go.

Offence: Spitting used chewing gum on to the pavement.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Being forced to eat chewing gum that has been spat out on the ground.

Offence: Dressing such that underwear and/or buttock crevice is visible.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Penalty: Putty to fill in the cracks and give a smooth outline.

Law: It is forbidden to repeat the same unfunny story for the umpteenth time.

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

quote:
Originally posted by Raptor Eye:
Law: It is forbidden to repeat the same unfunny story for the umpteenth time.

Penalty: Superglue, an mp3 player, earbuds, and "The Laughing Policeman" on endless loop. Some assembly required.

Law: Building temperature in the winter months not to be maintained so high that it's uncomfortable to wear a sweater.

Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Penalty: Sweaters, thick woolly jumpers AND duffle coats (all at the same time) are to be mandatory for all those with responsibility for setting building temperatures.

Law: People on Twitter are not to post hundreds of links to the same post on their blog straight after each other or replies to other people that are links to said blog post.

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
Penalty: the perpetrator shall wash up said plates leaving them in a fit state to be reused.

That reminds me of a conversation allegedly overheard at a tacky party: I'll scrape and you erase!

[Razz] [Killing me]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016