homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Thread titles that should be...

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Thread titles that should be...
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... but aren't.

I'm looking at "The Priest is a Walking..." and mentally completing this phrase with "Disaster". Or possibly, and more surreally, "Stick".

If you find any other examples do post them.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if this is what you're getting after, but I did see an amusing famous last post on that very thread, "The Priest is a Walking Exclamation Point!" I have known a few...

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's more about how you might read the thread title and mentally complete it, or thread titles you might keep on misreading for some reason, than FLPs.

"Original Sin and the Art of Motorcycling" perhaps.

[ 22. September 2014, 19:39: Message edited by: Ariel ]

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a recent Heaven thread I kept mentally completing as 'Bed Thoughts from Abroad'

Oh to be a-sleeping
Now that morning's here
For whoever wakes in England
Sees the daylight drear....

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The current British thread in AS comes up as "Keep Calm and Carry", which makes me think it's about gun ownership.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
There was a recent Heaven thread I kept mentally completing as 'Bed Thoughts from Abroad'

I kept reading that one as "Bad thoughts", and had been trying to work out why the flip (a) it was in Heaven and (b) why everyone was going on about beds for days before the penny dropped.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

A long time ago there was briefly a thread in All Saints called "Oh Sit Down" which (thanks to childhood memories) I could never see without mentally adding "And Shut Up".
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Not the Sanhedrin - just a very naughty boy'
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

Too many bishops - spoil the broth.
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I read the title "Too many bishops", I'm always reminded of a Tony Allen song that contains the line "Too many prisoners".

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Pacifica plays Australia... 8.30 tonight live on TV.
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IS have turned me into a newt.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Keep Calm and Carry a Big Stick

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rolyn:
IS have turned me into a newt.

... I got better! [Smile]

How about Keep Calm and Carry a Beagle (paraphrasing Charles Schultz)?

[ 21. October 2014, 13:32: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the moment the popular Hell threaad "Why UKIP Really is Scum" is truncated, which is a shame because we would then have the consecutive posts "Is this music video Why UKIP Really is Scum", which would surely be a reference back to a BBC DJ who has recorded a "UKIP Calypso" song, that has been released, though I would say bailed would be a better term.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016