homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Camera Talk (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Camera Talk
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all things photographic.

Ariel
Heaven Host

[ 01. January 2014, 19:36: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lifts tripod in, screws on camera, ***flash***

oooooo look a shiny new thread -- shall we take some photos?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been saying this for the past few years, but this coming year I really do want to do this short OU course. Now that I've had my DSLR for 3 years I really ought to learn more about what it can do!

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Michael Snow
Shipmate
# 16363

- Posted      Profile for Michael Snow   Author's homepage         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am thinking of upgrading from my present model:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/mikesnow/P1040987_zps985475f0.jpg

Any suggestions?

[Actually, that was my first (my parent's) camera.]

Not sure, can actual images be posted?

--------------------
http://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/

Posts: 62 | From: S. Dak./ Romania | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Why bother? I can give you a source for 620 film - in fact hopefully I've had four rolls dispatched today! Mind you, postage to the US/Romania might be a bit steep...

No, the software here is nearly as elderly as the Brownie, and doesn't allow photos. What you can do, though, is use the Instant UBB code buttons below the reply box to add a link - like this one - that will lead to the site when clicked, rather than breaking up the text. Just paste in your URL, then give it a name, and that's what displays in blue (I think) in the post.

AG

PS That's a very cute Brownie, not a model I've seen before.

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The software here can support photos, but the PTB have chosen not to let it. If you look to the left of your reply box, you can see the switch settings.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone has taken photos of what he considers to be London's most beautiful Tube stations. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I thought his way of looking at things was interesting and the photos are well taken. There are a couple of pics that I do agree on, though, and as a genre this looks as if it would be interesting to try.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Snow:
[Actually, that was my first (my parent's) camera.]

What have you most recently been using?
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of those shots are a bit meh, but the Canary Wharf is brilliant and my favourite is East Finchley. It is more subtle, and the architecture not as grand, but it has a lot of interest. Your eye is grabbed, whipped round the top the office and thrown down the track. The return trip back up the platform is more leisurely. The figure against the wall adds to the interest. As does the seated man inside.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tube stations are a good idea for indoor shots on rainy days.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fujifilm have recently released the camera I really wanted but wasn't available here at the time but I think it will have to wait a while before I indulge myself as my credit card could really do without being bludgeoned again; the HS30 is basically the same as the HS25 I bought in October except it has a lithium battery, a better eye-level viewfinder and also does RAW [as well as jpg & RAW+jpg]. I figure that if I leave it to the end of this year then they may have brought out another model with more megapixels - the HS series has been running on 16 megapixels since its introduction a few years ago now.

A few evenings ago I went through my photos since I last updated my Flickr account and selected 40 or so to be added so I might try and do that over the next day or so.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Adobe are giving way Photoshop CS2. Actually, the entire Creative suite. A few years old, but still good software.
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

[Eek!] Thank you! Will check this out later.

[ 09. January 2013, 05:02: Message edited by: Ariel ]

ToujoursDan

Ship's prole
# 10578

- Posted      Profile for ToujoursDan   Email ToujoursDan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So what does everyone shoot with?

My "serious" camera is the Sony NEX-5n and also have a Sony DSC-RX100 point and shoot.

--------------------
"Many people say I embarrass them with my humility" - Archbishop Peter Akinola
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/toujoursdan

Posts: 3734 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Fujifilm HS25 is my main camera currently and I have a Nikon P100 [another bridge camera] and a little Nikon L23 compact which is surprisingly versatile. Both the Nikons are, I think, 10 megapixels which is perfectly fine for most purposes. As mentioned above the HS25 is 16 megapixels.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Canon 1D Mark II, 5D Mark II, Canon G1X, Canon G12. Though, less so with the G12 since getting the G1X.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ToujoursDan, I fear you are about to regret asking that question!

I like to use my old beasties, and have put at least one roll of film through all but about six or seven of the list below (and paper negs in the No 3 Kodak, which takes a very long obsolete film size). Currently I have film in the Nikon F3, the Agfa Parat and the Oly XA2, though I have to confess that the Canon G10 is the workhorse. I'm awaiting an order of 620 film so I can try my Kodak Duo 620 without having to go to the trouble of rolling my own, and saving up to send one of the Retinas to Kiwistan to be fettled...

AG

Agfa Synchro-Box
Agfa Parat-I
Argus C3
Balda Baldessa 1b
Boots 226X
Canon Powershot G10
Coronet Popular Twelve
Coronet Dynamic 12
Coronet Every Distance Lens
Coronet Consul
Coronet (France) Le Polo
E. Elliott Ltd VP Twin
Ensign Ful-vue (blue)
Ensign Ful-vue (black)
Ensign All-Distance Pocket Ensign (red)
Ensign All-Distance
Hanimex Micro 110 clip-on
Houghton? Ensign? May Fair Camera
Kershaw Kershaw 450
KMZ Moskva-4
Kodak No3 Folding Pocket Kodak
Kodak No2 Folding Pocket Kodak Model B
Kodak No2 Cartridge Hawk-eye Model B
Kodak Hawkette
Kodak Instamatic 33
Kodak Baby Hawkeye
Kodak No 0 Brownie
Kodak "Lazy tongs" Vest Pocket Kodak
Kodak Retina 148
Kodak KB10
Kodak Retinette 1a
Kodak Six-20 B
Kodak Duo-620
Kodak Brownie Flash Camera (French version of US Hawkeye)
Kodak No2 Brownie Model E
Kodak No2 Brownie Model F (black)
Kodak No2 Brownie Model F (blue)
Kodak No2 Brownie Model F (red)
Kodak Baby Brownie Special
Kodak Retina II
Kodak Six-20 Brownie Model E
Leica MDa
Nikon F3
Nikon Nikkormat ELW
Olympus Trip 35
Olympus Trip 35
Olympus XA2 (red)
Olympus 35RC
Olympus OM10
Olympus OM10
Olympus OM10
Photax Blinde
Polaroid I-zone
Purma Speed
Purma Special
Purma Plus
Ricoh 500ME
Soho Cadet
Sunpet Micro 110
UltraFex Himalaya
Voigtlander Vito II
Voigtlander Vitomatic IIa
Welta Perle
Wirgin Edixa-Flex
Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor
Zeiss Ikon Contina
Zeiss Jena Werra 1
Zeiss Jena Werra 3
Zenit 12XP

(I'm not obsessed. It's worse than that!)

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I have Canon OES 60D DSLR and a Fuji FinePix T350 Point and Shoot. I have the P&S with me 24/7 and love them both.

I came second in our annual camera club competition and the shot was with my P&S.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Sandemaniac,

I was only mentioning the cameras I use frequently. If we are going into everything, then.... no, I've got nothing to compare to that list. You do not have a collection, you have a camera shop.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I have a Canon Powershot SX220 (compact camera) to carry around for general use and a Canon Eos 500D/Rebel T1i (DSLR) for when I'm specifically intending to take photos.

The first has manual control as well as automatic. It's a very nice little camera, though it has its limitations. I love the DSLR. It's an improvement on the Canon 300D which was my first and which I used until it almost fell to bits: lighter and more versatile and I really like the sharpness and clarity.

I used to have Nikon compact cameras which I was very happy with until I had a dud Coolpix which put me off. I went for a Canon DSLR simply because someone at work was selling his and it was the first affordable secondhand one I could get hold of. Now I wouldn't swop.

Sandemaniac - what do you find you tend to use most often, i.e. your favourites? and where on earth do you store all of these?

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sandemaniac, I gave away my old cameras when I left UK in 1998 - I can't remember them all but there was a 1936 Zeiss Ikon, the half frame one, and a couple of Braun Paxettes - and several more, a couple of folding Kodak, including my mum's old 620 folding Kodak, a couple of box brownies and a rather nice folding 35 mm job with the hinge at the bottom - the Zeiss took great photos and the Braun's were in almost mint condition.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

p.s. - Yesterday I was doing some decluttering and came across an SD Card still in a wrapper in the bottom of a box - it said 16 on it so I checked and it was indeed 16, but that was Mb and not Gb! 2 or 3 photos, if I'm lucky.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
You do not have a collection, you have a camera shop.

OI! I resemble that remark!

It's probably a good job that we hadn't encountered each other when you left these shores, Wodders, or I might have offered them a home... While there is certainly some junk out there, there are also some really great old cameras out there that can produce some really good results. I've heard really good things about the Paxette, and almost everything made by Zeiss starts at "quite good", and much is considerably better. I'll get onto an exception in a mo.

Ariel, quite a few are box cameras, which have the handy property of stacking - thus! http://flic.kr/p/6DkxEF They take up less space than you think, thankfully!

Which ones I use tends to be cyclical - I like to take them to vintage events, but don't get to half as many as I'd like. The Nikon F3 gets a fair bit of use as I found a drawer full of Nikon lenses at work, though I tend to take the Nikkormat on holiday as it'll take anything - it's built like a tank to the point where it weighs more than the Zenit! The Trip 35s get a reasonable amount of use as handy pocket cameras, but are currently mounted base-to-base as a home-made stereo camera, and I haven't got round to printing the piccies to mount them yet as my printer went tits-up. The Knotweed uses one of the OM10s, and the other 35mm cameras that get much use are probably the two Werras.

Of the real wrinklies, I should use the
No 2 Folding Pocket Kodak (pics here) more, at 102 this year and still in working order. The Duo 620 is next on the list to try as I finally have a lens for the viewfinder, and some 620 film. In terms of box cameras, it's the No2 Brownies every time - they have a whole three apertures available, and if it's bright enough to use the narrowest (about f30) you don't need to worry about missing the focus. By far and away the best box camera results have been from these, despite them just being a tin box wrapped round a block of wood with a hole through it. They give much better results than the much fancier Ensign box camera I have, or the similarly snazzy Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor.

I'm a bit tragic, aren't I?

AG

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Here is my box Brownie [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Oooh, looks like an earlier No 2 Brownie - possibly a Model E? Certainly the latch matches my Model E - the model is probably stamped into the cone when you remove it. Should be nice when you've cleaned it up, though once you have a film in I'd put some black insulting tape round that back door as they do tend to warp and leak light (well, mine does...).

Here's a nifty guide to loading them - PM me, I can whang a roll of Fomapan your way if you'd like, 120 isn't too hard to get hold of.

Happy to answer any questions - here or privately - as I love Box Brownies.

AG

--------------------

moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having finally recovered from my grief at the inexplicable demise of my Pentax ME Super (I consoled myself with a K-1000) I just read about the Panasonic DMC FZ200: an f2.8 25-600mm zoom.

Not your typical point and shoot camera. [Help]

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and my Fuji HS25 has a 30x zoom! The 135 equivalent is 24mm to 720mm though at the longer zoom you either need a very fast shutter or a very stable base.

eta: and it is completely manual zoom, rather than machine controlled so not only is it very precise it also uses less battery.

[ 11. January 2013, 01:41: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and a distant memory of a kid bringing a Kodak 117 size camera for me to see - this is a long time ago and they had stopped making 117 film a few years before that - sometime in the 60s, I think. I saw the camera in the early 70s.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Sandemaniac:
Oooh, looks like an earlier No 2 Brownie - possibly a Model E? Certainly the latch matches my Model E - the model is probably stamped into the cone when you remove it. Should be nice when you've cleaned it up, though once you have a film in I'd put some black insulting tape round that back door as they do tend to warp and leak light (well, mine does...).

Here's a nifty guide to loading them - PM me, I can whang a roll of Fomapan your way if you'd like, 120 isn't too hard to get hold of.

Happy to answer any questions - here or privately - as I love Box Brownies.

AG

Thanks so much Sandemaniac - I must admit I'm a bit afraid to try! What should I clean it with?

ETA - what is a cone?

[ 11. January 2013, 05:48: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Silly Boogie, its where you put the ice cream.
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Silly Boogie, its where you put the ice cream.

[Big Grin]

It's the bit you remove to load the film - open the back, pull out the winder knob, and everything inside should just slide out into your hand. That's the cone.

The lens will be glass, so you'll have to try quite hard to scratch it, and it's set well back in the camera's workings, so is unlikely to have picked up much in the way of damage, but 80-plus years of dirt can be a surprising amount.

You should, I think, have two little pull-up levers on the top at the front (I can check this evening). The larger one is your apertures, the smaller one will keep the shutter open until you press the lever again. If you lift that one, you can get to the lens and just clean carefully with a very lightly damped cotton bud, or a piece of lens tissue round a cotton bud. If it's very dirty use several - don't just rub the dirt round. Don't forget to do the back as well.

The harder bit might be the viewfinder mirrors. To clean those you will need to take the front off, which may be nailed on (check whether it's nails or screws - screws are easy, nails need more care). I often find that the glue they were stuck in with has given up the ghost, and taken the silvering off the back of the mirror. If so, I can probably cut you some more as I have some mirror tiles I bought for just that purpose.

Somewhere the Box Camera Revolution group on flickr has some instructions for servicing box cameras, but you will probably have to search down the discussions quite a long way...

It looks as though the plate on your metalwork has probably long since gone, but a little metal polish will clean it up and help it keep from oxidising further, and the leatherette will be fine with some Kiwi carefully applied - amazing what you can do with boot polish.

Have a go - it's really satisfying cleaning one up and getting it working again. If you are not sure about the viewfinder, try it in bright light as you won't want to use it except in direct sun anyway - it may be easier to se ethrough than you think from trying it in a gloomy room. Oh, and don't forget that's a waist level viewfinder, don't put it to your eye... took me a while to twig that... [Hot and Hormonal]

I think I've blathered long enough...

AG

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As I type this I have on my desk what I think is a 1946 Ensign Ful-Vue in red and cream. It is pretty grubby and the shutter spring is gone so it is probably irreparable but it is cute even if it is devastatingly ugly!

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Now that does sound interesting, Wodders! I have never seen a red and cream one - any chance of a photo?

AG

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'll ask the boy to bring it back and take a snap for you. Do you want me to e-mail it or Flickr it?

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Whichever is easier for you will do me!

AG

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

PM sent.

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

You should have something from me in your inbox
(oo-er)

AG

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Just dropping back to confirm that my instructions about the levers on my Brownie are right - yours should, I hope, be the same, Boogie. If I get a mo I'll look up when the model E was built - let me know if it turns out to be another version.

I'll let everyone else have a post before I blather some more now [Big Grin]

AG

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

I see Jessops have gone into administration and closed down as of today - all very quick. Even the online site has shut down.

So, no chance to pick up any last-minute bargains, then.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Frankly I am not surprised, I visited a couple of branches in November when I was in UK and they had narrowed their range and become just another chain camera store - sad when they used to be really quite good.

p.s. - Sandemaniac, I got it - hopefully the boy will come round after school with the camera - kids go to school 6 days a week here!

[ 12. January 2013, 02:49: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Yes, but round here, that now only leaves us with Currys or Argos for camera-related items, if you don't want to buy on the internet.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

There are lots of internet shopping places here but thankfully some of the traditional camera shops are still going - internet penetration is not so high here, of course. But even so it is pretty difficult to get specific products, like a genuine Fujifilm bayonet mount lens hood - I have screw in ones but they cause vignetting - today I have been driven to write direct to the manufacturer to see if I can get one through them.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

That is the problem then, yeah? Internet-based stores offer lower prices, but for customers service, nothing beats a dedicated camera shop. The future of retail is lower prices but fewer choices.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

[Yipee] Waxwing! [Yipee]

These little fellows are just so cute, and don't give a flying one about people - I was within about fifteen feet of this chap, and he just looked at me! This is still a heavy crop, but it's an improvement on earlier offerings.

AG

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lovely shot, AG!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

That's a great waxwing photo Sandemaniac [Smile]

It was our camera club's annual portrait competition and I came second with this photo. It was nailbiting and exciting!

The winner got a score of 20/20 mine got 19 1/2 out of 20. He said if it'd been a border collie it would have won - poor Gavin!! (dog didn't suit rugged background, man etc)hehe!

[ 16. January 2013, 08:09: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Boogie, I love that photo! Can't you almost feel how soft the dog's fur is?

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
geroff
Shipmate
# 3882

- Posted      Profile for geroff   Email geroff   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sandy - I looked further on in your photostream. I particularly like the pictures of old aircraft taken with your 1911 pocket brownie. I like the use of the right camera for the subject.
Do you scan your prints before uploading them to Flickr or is their some other method that I have missed?

--------------------
"The first principle in science is to invent something nice to look at and then decide what it can do." Rowland Emett 1906-1990

Posts: 1172 | From: Montgomeryshire, Wales | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

quote:
Originally posted by geroff:
I like the use of the right camera for the subject.
Do you scan your prints before uploading them to Flickr or is their some other method that I have missed?

Funnily enough, that's one of the reasons I like the old cameras - they fit with the old stuff events I go to! What you are looking at will depend on when I did it - anything posted in the last three months or so taken with an old camera (Flickr handily flags everything I take with the G10, so if it says "Canon G10"...) will have been a scanned negative - I bought an Epson V500 last autumn which, with care, makes a pretty decent fist of scanning black and white negs, though I've yet to master it for colour.

Before that they'll be scans of commercial prints or of darkroom silver prints (funnily enough, I was showing someone how to print last night - I feel a bit like a crack dealer!).

Glad you like the pics!

AG

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Too good not to share: colour photos of Paris in the early 1900s. .

I think these are amazing. The subjects and compositions are typical of that era, and with a little imagination you can visualize how they'd look in sepia: but here they absolutely come to life. And some look like paintings.

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Those are wonderful, Ariel. Autochromes have a quality all of their own.

I wonder how many of those poilu* made it home?

AG

* literally "hairy" - the French equivalent of "tommy", or "squaddie" these days.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016