homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Hop on Pop Nonstop

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Hop on Pop Nonstop
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Text can be viewed here; text with the illustrations, so vital to this work, is here.)

Pages 1 – 2

The wiry canine of indeterminate breed – a crossbreed, a mongrel, perhaps even a rescue dog – soars into the air, propelled by some force that we can never see. Pup is up, but how? Mongrel Canine is, inexplicably, capable of self-powered flight, or perhaps of Olympic-level leaps. He – or she, gender is never clear – is elated, thrilled to be airborne. The proud tilt of his tail, the perky ears, tell the story: pup is up, and Mongrel Canine could not be more delighted with his ability to fly.

And yet, he is grounded. And much, much smaller than we had suspected, for Mongrel Canine is now confined within a common, everyday teacup. A dog powerful enough to fly, yet small enough to fit into a cup!! How does this come to be?

“Don’t trouble yourself with unanswerable questions,” Joyous Mongrel Canine advises us. “Lay aside reason; immerse yourself in intuition. Accept the impossible: the canine can fly. The canine can be contained within a cup, yet cannot be bound by the laws of gravity. Myself am Dog, and all dogs.”

And, lo! The mystery deepens, for not only is pup in cup – cup is on pup. The paradox is complete. Joyous Philosophical Mongrel Canine is both within and beneath the cup. Cup contains Pup; Pup supports Cup. “Dog is in cup, and cup is in Dog. Accept the metaphor, and sink into it, even as dogself sinks into the cup. Be blissful as Dog is blissful,” Joyous Philosophical Mongrel Canine advises us – without words, with only a smile and an endlessly wagging tale.

Pup is up. Pup is in cup. Cup is on pup. Perhaps, even, in some way we cannot fathom, Pup IS Cup. As are we all.

Amen.

[ 18. September 2014, 08:33: Message edited by: Trudy Scrumptious ]

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pages 3-4

Please allo* me to introduce myself, Im a man of *ealth and taste. The latter is evident by my fabulous adornment of vivid red hair, *hich indeed suits the appelation that attaches to me, for truly * am kno*n to one and all as Red. Red is me, and * Am Red.

The Great Red has no need of frantic activity, being indeed pleased to remain *ithin the confines of a duvet upon a bed. A bed, mark you, that can e*pand or contract to suit as many as **** to join The Great Red in his denial of activity. This bed - yea, this procrustean bed, for surely all must eventually reside beneath its duvet - sho*s its capability by e*panding to allo* the entry of three of The Great Red's disciples, themselves being kno*n as Ned, Ted and Ed.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016