homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Coo coo ka choo

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Coo coo ka choo
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Which?

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin, I've no idea what you wanted to discuss here, or why you started this thread in Heaven. Care to elucidate?

Thanks

Ariel
Heaven Host

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great thread title though.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Who is the eggman?

My understanding of this walrus incident is that lack of ice due to incessant burning of hydrocarbons is the cause. A spectacle to be sure, but not one to be happy about.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...Mrs. Robinson.
Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure that there is any discernible link between Mrs. Robinson (or for that matter, Joe DiMaggio) and a herd of walruses. I am now intrigued to know what this link could be.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fr Weber
Shipmate
# 13472

- Posted      Profile for Fr Weber   Email Fr Weber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin PC not & Ship's Biohazard:
Which?

And here I was expecting something to do with Mrs Robinson!

I'm sure you mean "Goo goo g'joob."

--------------------
"The Eucharist is not a play, and you're not Jesus."

--Sr Theresa Koernke, IHM

Posts: 2512 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps you mistake Lucy in the sky for the Mrs?

We could ask one of The Osmonds.

"To fathom Hell or soar angelic,
Just take a pinch of psychedelic"

[ 02. October 2014, 15:59: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horseman Bree:
I'm not sure that there is any discernible link between Mrs. Robinson (or for that matter, Joe DiMaggio) and a herd of walruses. I am now intrigued to know what this link could be.

Here ya go.

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs. Robinson was a walrus?

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's not very kind about Anne Bancroft!

In any case, I saw the heading and thought Alvin Stardust..

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It'll be those Australian cockatiels again.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just love being wrong for nearly 50 years.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perhaps they're weeping to see, instead of ice, such quantities of sand?
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I still don't understand the link with the walruses. But then why should I should expect a thread started by Martin to actually make senses to us lesser mortals!

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gracious rebel

Rainbow warrior
# 3523

- Posted      Profile for Gracious rebel     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bad form to double post I know, but Google has found me the answer.

--------------------
Fancy a break beside the sea in Suffolk? Visit my website

Posts: 4413 | From: Suffolk UK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You must be very young!

I got the double EP for my birthday - and still have it, original sleeve and all.

The interesting thing about the track was the recording hidden in it from King Lear - but I didn't appreciate that till years later.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am not the walrus!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stetson:
quote:
Originally posted by Horseman Bree:

Here ya go.
I worked that show and saw it too: 50-plus Morgan Fairchild starkers!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I worked that show and saw it too: 50-plus Morgan Fairchild starkers!

I was so high up in the balcony (same venue as Sir Kevin, but before I knew him). Between the distance and the dimly-lit stage it could have been Morgan Freeman -- naked or fully-clothed -- from what I could see.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I think I was in the 20th row, maybe closer, but then she was back-lit...

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fr Weber:
quote:
Which?

And here I was expecting something to do with Mrs Robinson!

I'm sure you mean "Goo goo g'joob."

A very important distinction. Well-cited, Fr. Weber.

If one is going to center one's point around a cultural reference, it needs to be correct.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kaplan Corday
Shipmate
# 16119

- Posted      Profile for Kaplan Corday         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coo coo ka choo? Goo goo g'joob?

What a load of crap!

Give me real lyrics any time, like "Bop shuop, m'bop bop shuop"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjD5rjQB0g

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any minute, someone is going to post -

“To be is to do - Socrates

To do is to be - Sartre

Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra”

So let's get it over with, shall we?

The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I am not the walrus!

I am the walrus, and so is my wife.

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My heart goes boom-bang-a-bang, boom-bang-a-bang when you are near...

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
My heart goes boom-bang-a-bang, boom-bang-a-bang when you are near...

Perhaps you need this: Goodness Gracious Me (Peter Sellers & Sophia Loren, boom, buddi boom buddi boom etc)

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

No!

Ying tong, ying tong, Ying tong, ying tong,
Ying tong diddle I po;
Ying tong, ying tong, Ying tong diddle I po,
Diddle I po! [Yipee]

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet:
Perhaps you mistake Lucy in the sky for the Mrs?

We could ask one of The Osmonds.

Surely, if we are dealing with the Walrus, the reference should be to The Carpenters, Alice?

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

Gracious Rebel. The answer and the question are in the first SODDING LINK!

--------------------
Love wins

Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

And Mrs. Robinson's the one in the middle.

--------------------
Love wins

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

quote:
Gracious Rebel. The answer and the question are in the first SODDING LINK!

Play nicely, children. Or the thread's for the hey willy wallachy, how John Dougal alane quo rushety, roo, roo, roo.

Firenze
Heaven Host

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Google-fu is letting me down so I can't link to it, but does anyone else remember the advert for VH1, probably in the mid 90s, which featured a series of clips of the "coo coo ka choo"'s, "la la la"'s, "do do do"'s etc (very similar to the sort of references made here). It closed with the tag line something like "VH1 ... music that means something".

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

I've no idea of that, but I have many odd little rhymes in my brains. The alligator one I know goes like this:

Ung guy mung guy
chickie chickie ung guy
alligator ung guy oh

We used to repeat it as children over and over and giggle ourselves silly to the point that one of us would have to sit in the front seat of the car between parents.

Another was:

Higglety pigglety beebullee binkie
hobblety gobblety boobulee bonka
-with additional variations as consonants and vowels are changed. Dangerous to use an F as the starting letter within earshot of parents, slightly less bad is "I was born on a pirate ship" which can sound like something naughty if said while holding your tongue.

We didn't get a TV until 1968, so I spent a fair bit of time doing Silly Things. I have only been to one Ship Meet, might oddly rhymes be a good activity for something like that or church meetings? better than the "how did you spend your summer holidays" or "everyone tell something that makes then unique", both of which I want to respond "burying the bodies of people I had to kill for having the nerve to make us answer such questions". Or maybe such questions as "ice breakers" are a local western Canadian thing at church meetings?

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We still don't know who put the bomp in the bomp-sh-bomp-sh-bomp...

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So this is not about the upcoming Kevin Smith movie Tusk, about which I feel conflicted because it seems simultaneously salacious and yet creepy/disturbing?

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016