homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Not not while the gyro... a request

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Not not while the gyro... a request
Peppone
Marine
# 3855

- Posted      Profile for Peppone   Email Peppone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hopefully this is the right forum for this: does anyone have a copy of James Kelman's 'not not while the giro' on hand?

* 've been trying for months to remember the poem - or fragment of a poem - printed somewhere in the front pages. * can remember a few words, and those not in order: 'say not analysin nothin' and then later (* think) 'is if not not'.

Anyone help out? * cannot find my answer on line.

[ 18. September 2014, 08:27: Message edited by: Firenze ]

--------------------
I looked at the wa's o' Glasgow Cathedral, where vandals and angels painted their names,
I was clutching at straws and wrote your initials, while parish officials were safe in their hames.

Posts: 3020 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't help with the quote - but it's good to see you again! Hope you are keeping well.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Peppone
Marine
# 3855

- Posted      Profile for Peppone   Email Peppone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aye, keeping well! Watching the referendum to-and-fro from afar, and with interest!

How are you?

--------------------
I looked at the wa's o' Glasgow Cathedral, where vandals and angels painted their names,
I was clutching at straws and wrote your initials, while parish officials were safe in their hames.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The quote appears to be

quote:
say not talkin about
not anaylsin nothin
is if not not

(see here).

Hope that helps!

[ETA and here, it seems to be by one Tom Leonard]

[ 16. September 2014, 16:29: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Peppone
Marine
# 3855

Ah, that's fantastic! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welcome back, Peppone - long time no see! I was thinking of you only the other day. Good to see you back.
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It reminds me of Yes and no (Paula) by Ian Dury:
quote:
And if not why not
If
And if not why why
Why not
And if not why not

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tried the first link and got a message, in French, that said I had used the service too many times.

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016