homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Eutychus Ruling in Purgatory

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Eutychus Ruling in Purgatory
Beeswax Altar
Shipmate
# 11644

- Posted      Profile for Beeswax Altar   Email Beeswax Altar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the ISIS Turned Me Into a Hawk thread in Purgatory, MartinPCNot&Ship's Biohazard said of me

quote:
That's NOT what Jesus would have done. Or His disciples. I know that you can't know that. Due to the impossibility of squaring your literalism with His circular reasoning. I can. Know it. I don't have the problem of literalism to overcome any more. It's been given to me. The knowing. Not you. Yet.

To which I replied

quote:
His circular reasoning? I objected to YOUR circular reasoning. Now, you could be claiming to be Jesus. Come to think of it that would explain everything. Martin is Martin's own personal Jesus.

Eutychus told me to knock it off. I don't see how what I said about Martin is a personal attack if what he said about me is not. As I see it, Martin was attempting to end the discussion by claiming some mystical knowledge known to him that I just couldn't comprehend. That's a personal attack. If it isn't, then neither is my pointing out that Martin in making such a claim is setting himself up as his own personal Jesus.

--------------------
Losing sleep is something you want to avoid, if possible.
-Og: King of Bashan

Posts: 8411 | From: By a large lake | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You explicitly called Martin names (if I can describe someone being branded their own personal Jesus as calling them names). I read that as a personal insult. There is no way to pursue that line without descending into Hell.

I can see you might have found Martin's comment as exuding insufferable superiority, but as far as I can see it is not a direct insult - unless you believe it to be true.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016