homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  34  35  36 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I consign to Hell.

Some Family.

Sorry Hosts, think of this thread as coal in your stocking

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooooh, thank you!!!! Before we both get bludgeoned with a big ol' stick of Fuck You, then...

TICTH the eedjit who just assigned me to write up a chart for lo, 2000+ products produced this past year, specifying who originated them, the format and method by which they arrived at my desk, and which of three virtually interchangeable product categories they fall under. By January 2. When he knows damn well that everybody in the relevant department (not mine, of course!) is going to be out of the office celebrating the holidays. So where the hell is the info supposed to come from?

Oh, and did I say I'm covering my OWN department basically singlehanded?

Merry Fucking Christmas to you, too.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I hate your job, Lamb Chopped.

I'll consign to Hell all the really bad Christmas movies, particularly the ones that target children and then send all the wrong messages.

Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH Fed Ex who has had an important package of mine "on truck out for delivery" for 2 days without actually managing to deliver said package. I realize it's a heavy shipping season, but hiring competent help is your job and Christmas shipping shouldn't be a surprise to you.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH whatever spyware has gotten into my computer and caused certain words to be underlined as links to advertizing. I'm running my antivirus to try and get rid of it, if anyone has any other ideas let me know by PM. [Mad]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
fuck all you lazy, whineyass bastards. start your own goddamn threads. Give us something to ridicule you about.

and Pissy? give us some fucking details, you delicate little snowflake, you. don't just "some family" like you're afraid to be caught out daring to say something other than motherfucking roses and bonbons about your kin and spawn. we all know how it really is. so share. make the rest of us feel better about the misery we're saddled with. I want the gory details on how Uncle Howard's been buggering livestock and the kids are all snorting tabasco for thrills and your wife decided to cook only vegan and the puppy is learning to play the drums.

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
alienfromzog

Ship's Alien
# 5327

- Posted      Profile for alienfromzog   Email alienfromzog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
and Pissy? give us some fucking details, you delicate little snowflake, you. don't just "some family" like you're afraid to be caught out daring to say something other than motherfucking roses and bonbons about your kin and spawn. we all know how it really is. so share. make the rest of us feel better about the misery we're saddled with. I want the gory details on how Uncle Howard's been buggering livestock and the kids are all snorting tabasco for thrills and your wife decided to cook only vegan and the puppy is learning to play the drums.

[Overused] [Overused] [Axe murder]

It wouldn't be Christmas without Comet's Ownbrand Christmas Cheer™

TICTH The Black Dog who really needs to learn to take a Christmas break.

AFZ

--------------------
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
[Sen. D.P.Moynihan]

An Alien's View of Earth - my blog (or vanity exercise...)

Posts: 2150 | From: Zog, obviously! Straight past Alpha Centauri, 2nd planet on the left... | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Orthodox priests who seem to think that the Orthodox Church's positions on every single fucking question of morals or economics or government policy do now and always have perfectly matched the U.S. Republican Party platform.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patdys:
Sorry Hosts, think of this thread as coal in your stocking

Appropriate response.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Comet's cheer reminded me of a recent New Yorker cartoon. "We did a vegan Thanksgiving but our family still showed up."
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
TICTH whatever spyware has gotten into my computer and caused certain words to be underlined as links to advertizing. I'm running my antivirus to try and get rid of it, if anyone has any other ideas let me know by PM. [Mad]

From Balaam on a thread in heaven where Boogie had asked the same question.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
first some idiot brings back TICTH, and now we're being Helpful?

Bah. Humbug.

Watch your asses, losers. I'll be right there to steal your Who Presents and Roast Beast. fuckers.

--------------------

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH my bloody stupid internet connection which meant I have just had to spend more than three hours trying to sort out our flaming blog which decided of its own accord to disable the comments facility after I'd sent out the latest post.

The air was more than a little blue........

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
first some idiot brings back TICTH, and now we're being Helpful?

Bah. Humbug.

Watch your asses, losers. I'll be right there to steal your Who Presents and Roast Beast. fuckers.

Awww Comet, you sweet wee Hellhost [Axe murder] Feel the Love.

Huia - ducks and runs

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
i agree with Patdys; 43 hours to go [Help]

[ 25. December 2013, 15:15: Message edited by: JoannaP ]

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today.

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

CRACKS HOSTLY WHIP

Merry Christmas and fuck you all.

THREAD CLOSED

comet
HOLLY JOLLY EVIL HELLHOST

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

HOSTING

oh, all right then. don't make me regret this.

THREAD REOPENED

comet
HELLHOST

mumble mumble...

--------------------

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the fact that this thread wasn't available for me to moan in when Mother-in-Law was staying with us and I was counting down the hours to her departure. (On the train, not shuffling off this mortal coil, although it was a pretty close thing in the last few hours.)

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MarsmanTJ
Shipmate
# 8689

- Posted      Profile for MarsmanTJ   Email MarsmanTJ   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TITCH those who use Jeremiah 29:11 to tell you that whatever is going wrong in your life will all be sorted out soon because God knows the plan he has for your life. Read the damn preceding chapter to place it in context. Read the verse DIRECTLY BEFORE IT and discover that it doesn't mean what you said it means, then take your patronising crap and unload it onto someone else. But of course, I'm heavily involved in ministry of my church, I can't say things like that, I can only very gently suggest that it might not mean that it says what the moron in question thinks it says, and even then get get upset... [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
orfeo

# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
HOSTING

THREAD REOPENED

comet
HELLHOST

mumble mumble...

Regret is inevitable.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the fluorescent tube lights in my bedroom that are not working properly even after I changed the tubes. Probably needs a new ballast. *grumble*

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
HOSTING

THREAD REOPENED

comet
HELLHOST

mumble mumble...

Regret is inevitable.
Not for Edith. Non, Je ne regrette rien

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
TICTH the fluorescent tube lights in my bedroom that are not working properly even after I changed the tubes. Probably needs a new ballast. *grumble*

Fluorescent tube lights in a bedroom? [Eek!] Dear God, the idea itself should be consigned to Hell. It must be like sleeping in McDonalds.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ICTH dry sockets. Arrrghghg. [Frown] The pain is driving me batty. And this is after my oral surgeon 'packed' it with stinky stuff.

The constant throbbing and aching and sympathy pain in my other teeth made it very difficult to be nice to the lovely but clueless people at the wedding rehearsal I played for tonight.

[Mad]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
It must be like sleeping in McDonalds.

Except I wouldn't want to contemplate what "Big Mac with cheese" might be like. [Ultra confused]

Miss Amanda will get her wrap.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

It would be really NICE if, just occasionally, when I try to make someone a priority and arrange my day to better suit their needs, the favour got reciprocated. [Mad]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

boy I stand you up for drinks one time in the Hosts' Lounge and I never hear the end of it.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who ask for Christmas presents (rather than, say, a book token) so that they "have something to open on Christmas Day" then moan that they don't like what you bought. Year after year after year.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Family. For fucks sake would it be to much to post even one single measley card?

Bastards. I sent cakes and puddings and money.

Never again.

Anyone want to adopt me? Please?

Huia

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Seconding TICTH family - particularly the unhappy people who sole aim in life seems to be making others just as unhappy as they are!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I third it.

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Meg the Red
Shipmate
# 11838

- Posted      Profile for Meg the Red   Email Meg the Red   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:

Anyone want to adopt me? Please?

Dibs!!!!!

And in return, I'll introduce your crappy-ass ungrateful family members to mine. Because of course the appropriate response to a pile of carefully chosen gifts and a lavish meal is a (misspelled) five-word text a week after the fact.

Huia, say the word and the spare bedroom is yours! (and the cat's, unfortunately) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Chocoholic Canuckistani Cyclopath

Posts: 1126 | From: Rat Creek | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the friend who used to pay for parking and lunch when we went out toghether (because I'm the one with a car, so I drive and pay for the petrol etc). She stopped paying for parking months ago without any explanation, which was slightly annoying but I didn't say anything.

Yesterday, I drove 5 miles in the wrong direction to pick her up - i.e. 5 miles in the opposite direction from the place where we were going, so I then had to drive the additional 5 miles back before getting back on track to our destination. I paid for parking. She paid for coffee - good thing I ordered a large one! We looked around the shops and she tried to persuade me to buy a top that I'd already told her I couldn't afford (seriously, £65 is NOT a sale price for a blouse!) She then needed to find a bank, so I waited while she withdrew cash and had to watch while she counted out a large pile of twenties in front of me.

Come lunchtime, we went up to the counter to order and she paid for just her own, leaving me to pay for mine. There had been no previous consultation or conversation about changing our arrangements. On previous days out, she's always paid for my lunch and made a comment about me providing the transport, petrol etc. After that, she wanted to go to Waitrose and asked me to read a label for her because she couldn't be arsed to get her glasses put of her handbag! I read the first one for her, then moved away and pretented to go and look at something else, as I was starting to get really peed off by then.

I then had to drive her home, which included the extra five miles each way again. Although she said 'thank you', she made no offer of petrol money. I feel like a mug.

This person is far more well off than me and doesn't understand budgets or the need to save, hence the encouragement to buy an overpriced top that I didn't need. She can also be extremely 'grand' which, quite frankly, is sometimes embarrassing. It's the feeling of being taken for granted that annoys me, though - I feel as if she expects me to be an unpaid chauffeur. Someone's taking someone for a ride and I'm not sure it's me.

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Seconding TICTH family - particularly the unhappy people who sole aim in life seems to be making others just as unhappy as they are!

This.

What is the point? If you've asked to be sent a present, why not just say "Thank you"? Why enumerate the (many) ways in which your present disappointed?

Specifically, why phone us up to whinge about somebody who gifted you a cake (a totally thoughtless present, apparently) and say you wish they'd given you a fruit basket instead, you'd have been thrilled to get a fruit basket, whereupon we sent you an (expensive) fruit basket via Interflora, only for you to tell us that when you saw the fruit basket you "remembered you didn't like fruit."

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
Originally posted by Meg the Red:

Huia, say the word and the spare bedroom is yours! (and the cat's, unfortunately) [Big Grin]

Thank-you, but alas, I must remain faithful to my own Georgie-Porgy.

Huia

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
quote:

This.

What is the point? If you've asked to be sent a present, why not just say "Thank you"? Why enumerate the (many) ways in which your present disappointed?

Specifically, why phone us up to whinge about somebody who gifted you a cake (a totally thoughtless present, apparently) and say you wish they'd given you a fruit basket instead, you'd have been thrilled to get a fruit basket, whereupon we sent you an (expensive) fruit basket via Interflora, only for you to tell us that when you saw the fruit basket you "remembered you didn't like fruit."

That's like my neices who were presented with cheesecake for the first time. One complained that she didn't like cake while the other that she didn't like cheese.

You can buy the wrong Ferrari for some people.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Meerkat

Suricata suricatta
# 16117

- Posted      Profile for Meerkat   Email Meerkat       Edit/delete post 
Starbug, I feel your pain. We have the same problem in our household, except for the fact that the 'friend' is MIL. On an average day such as that to which you alluded, Mrs. Kat can easily drive somewhere in the region of 60 miles and MIL is STILL not satisfied. OK, she will usually pay for lunch snacks... being about £3.50 for a jacket potato. One of these days, I will make it my business to tell her off, but I have ben persuaded not to by Mrs. Kat. Watch this space...

--------------------
Simples!

Posts: 160 | From: Herts, UK | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Starbug:
This person is far more well off than me. . . . It's the feeling of being taken for granted that annoys me, though - I feel as if she expects me to be an unpaid chauffeur. Someone's taking someone for a ride and I'm not sure it's me.

So next time you tell her you're sorry but you can't afford to driver her around, and to call a taxi.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

This is the same relative who decided she wanted to go to church with us, and turned up in a T-shirt with BOLLOCKS printed across it. When we said she couldn't go to church wearing that, she told us we obviously weren't true Christians, because God doesn't care about outward appearances.

(It wasn't God we were worried about, but the parents of the Sunday School children.)

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I suspect there is something else going on there, that has little to with presents. Feeling lonely and rejected and no-one cares about her unless they have to, perhaps ? Of course her self-defeating behaviour then creates a self-fulfilling prophecy.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Continuing subcategory family.
I just graduated, need to go job-hunting, need to prepare for interviews, and in the middle of my discussing my need to conquer my own nervousness, I get this :
"And don't go out there expecting to find the perfect job the first time you interview."
First off-that so was nowhere near anything we were discussing. Second-- am I nine years old? You don't think I know I might need to make compromises? Why should I let knowing that prevent me from taking a shot at something excellent?
Second- I think most of my life problems have not come from expecting too much, but from not trying for something better. From being too scared to risk and settling for what is easiest. I really don't need more people in my life telling me to lower my expectations. Especially someone who makes it clear to me their expectations of me are nil.

[ 04. January 2014, 19:54: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

# 13878

[heavenly tangent]

Damn I'm grateful for my family. None of the reasonably close relatives have done anything like the horrible mindfucks so much of the world seems to endure.

[/heavenly tangent]

Of course, there was the step-grandmother who lied about how her previous children had died in a fiery crash, but that didn't really affect me directly...

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH people who turn around and very pointedly glare at children in the last pew who are experiencing minor Tourette's symptoms. Okay, one person. But fuck, woman, you're at least 60, you're old enough to have met any number of people with disabilities. Why be a jackass about it?

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:

Continuing subcategory family.
I just graduated, need to go job-hunting, need to prepare for interviews, and in the middle of my discussing my need to conquer my own nervousness, I get this :
"And don't go out there expecting to find the perfect job the first time you interview."
First off-that so was nowhere near anything we were discussing. Second-- am I nine years old? You don't think I know I might need to make compromises? Why should I let knowing that prevent me from taking a shot at something excellent?
Second- I think most of my life problems have not come from expecting too much, but from not trying for something better. From being too scared to risk and settling for what is easiest. I really don't need more people in my life telling me to lower my expectations. Especially someone who makes it clear to me their expectations of me are nil.

Don't go out there expecting the perfect family on the first try. You will probably have to have several before you get it right.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
agingjb
Shipmate
# 16555

- Posted      Profile for agingjb   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Burglars

--------------------
Refraction Villanelles

Posts: 464 | From: Southern England | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH Newfoundland Power, whose peculiar brand of incompetence meant that most of the island had no power for most of yesterday, when the temperature was -12° before you consider the wind-chill. Apparently the cause was a fire in a trailer-park somewhere out in the sticks, but how that managed to knock out the entire island for a time (and chez Piglet for 17 hours) is beyond me.

To add insult to freezing, they're imposing "rolling power-cuts" over the next few days, to save power. Why the hell can't they do that before the weather gets sub-Arctic?

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Charlie-in-the-box
Shipmate
# 17954

- Posted      Profile for Charlie-in-the-box   Author's homepage   Email Charlie-in-the-box   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today I am consigning my job and whoever makes the decision to tell us to drive in or stay home after the 3rd worst blizzard in the history of our city. Some lunatic asshole has said that the business is closed but staff are to report?! I want him damned to the testicular torture tank of hell for eternity. I want 15 minutes alone with him and then I'm putting on my cool black high heels and kicking his whining ass into the dark abyss. I also want to consign to hell the stupid ass hat that invented our call in system. You have to keep calling back until you speak to a supervisor, making me dial 5 damn phone calls! I HATE YOU JERK! Burn in hell. I want his coffee cold and his nipples tore off. I'm not 5 years old, if you can't trust me to leave a message and get with my supervisor when I return then let me show you what you can kiss while I set your hair on fire.

I am not driving in 6 ft snow drifts and wrecking my car in dangerous wind chills over some piece of shit job that obviously wants me to die.

I bet the prick who decided to say, "Staff report" on the business closing list doesn't even drag his ugly ass into work either. He belongs in the trench of hell where there is a phone that never stops ringing that you can't reach, a broken copier that can't be fixed and you are always late for a meeting that you can't find. Eat it work, eat a big one! [Mad] [Two face]

[ 06. January 2014, 07:05: Message edited by: Charlie-in-the-box ]

--------------------
Charlie-in-the-box
http://rosarygirl1962.blogspot.com/

Posts: 55 | From: Island of Misfit Heretics | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH crappy starts to the week. I opened my Monday by dropping a handmade teacup in a collection that they don’t make anymore. I know it’s a small thing, but I’m bloody upset. The week has hardly begun and I’m already bummed out.

[Waterworks]

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
TICTH the insanity of modern packaging - today I collected something from the courier, two new SD cards for my camera. Together they weigh about 5 grammes - the packaging, mostly plastic with a bit of card, weighed 50 grammes! No wonder we are killing the planet!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  34  35  36 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016