homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » November Remembrances

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: November Remembrances
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In the past we've had a thread in All Saints during November specifically to commemorate those deceased who are dear to you and to ask for prayer for them. They may be gone but they are not forgotten.

Rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for my dad, particularly remembered now as I didn't find out until after he died what he went through in WW2

[ 02. November 2014, 12:30: Message edited by: Raptor Eye ]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For both my parents and for my friend Shyam who took his own life back in 2004 - and for so many others.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now let me see who of my family served in WW2:

[Votive] Dad, Mum (who lost her first husband, father to my brothers), Father-in-law, who just survived aircrew training and Mother-in-law, who was a WAAF. Uncle F who was in the Merchant Navy, plus others I never met, for various reasons.

[Votive] All those who served and especially those who died or bore and continue to bear the scars.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my aunt, who died this summer. Her birthday would have been this week. Born in 1918, named "Winifred" because it meant "bringer of peace", an anticipation of Armistice Day.

For my uncle, who also died this summer, a Burma veteran.

For my father, long gone, but never forgotten.

For Fay, who went altogether too soon last summer, Barbara and Kyra that I used to work with, who went in spring.

For Tommy and Connie Doyle, for their generosity of spirit with what they had.

For those who died alone or afraid, with nobody to mark their passing or comfort them. Rest in peace, and may eternal light shine on them.

[Votive]

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my Mum and Dad, still missed and thought about constantly though they died in 2000 and 2002 respectively [Votive]

And for Linda, my best friend at primary school [Votive]
We went to different secondary schools and hardly saw each other after the age of 11. However, by coincidence Linda went to the school where my Mum later got a job and they spoke occasionally. Linda left school at 16 and I never heard of her again. Over the years I thought of her from time to time – was she married? Children? Grandchildren? Then earlier this year I was shocked to discover that she had died from cancer at the age of 19 [Frown]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my mother and father.

For my grandparents.

For my cousins Barbara and Carolyn, murdered far too young.

For my Aunt Elaine, gone this year.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mine would be a long list, so I will confine myself to this year, while remembering All Souls on their epynomous day:

Danielle Jan 1 age 26 [Tear]
June in April
Margaret in August (both my cousins,full of years)

My parents and two of my elder brothers need no remembrance: I think of them and pray for them every day.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Daddy Vern.
For Grand-Mary.
For my bio parents.
For Cubby's deceased family members.
For Barley.
For all of the wonderful famous people who have touched our lives who passed this year, Robin and others.
For Penny, who's been in my thoughts lately. (Unintentional pun there, but she might especially appreciate that.)
For Uncle Richard.
For those who taught me what I know, especially Jack and Charles and Gilbert and George.
For Anna and Meyer/Max, my great-grandparents through whom I trace my Jewish heritage.
For all others unnamed, and especially all who have no one to remember them or are forgotten.
[Votive] [Axe murder]

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my mum, D's dad and my brother-in-law.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my father, who would have been 93 today.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memories of both my mother and father have been with me this year. They struggled so hard to buy our family home and now I am spending my share of the money that was realised when it was sold.

Tomorrow I will be able to buy new hearing aids thanks to them.
I'd still rather they were at the end of the phone. [Tear]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is the anniversary of our darling son's stillbirth; today is the anniversary of his death in utero, tomorrow will be the anniversary of his birth.

[Votive]

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This year:

My cousin Christine, sister of Our Lady of the Missions.

Bruce, who was a friend of my mother's since they were children, and much loved by all of us, lifelong Presbyterian.

My father-in-law, Jack, son of a rabbi, atheist from age 14, with a vast knowledge of religion.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember my nephew, who felt the burden of mental illness was too heavy to carry, and took his life. He wanted new life and now he has it with God.
I remember my godson, with his tragic health condition, who went to be with God....
And my parents, long gone but still much loved.

[ 07. November 2014, 05:50: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been thinking about my grandma a lot lately. [Votive]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my Dad, gone for 37 years now but I still miss him dreadfully

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

- Posted      Profile for DangerousDeacon   Author's homepage   Email DangerousDeacon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Fr W. and all those who have taken their own lives.
For Jackson, a wonderful young man, who died in the Solomon Islands of an injury that would have been easily treated here.
For Lillian, larger than life with a heart even bigger, gone too soon.
God keep you all in his love and care until we meet again. [Votive]

--------------------
'All the same, it may be that I am wrong; what I take for gold and diamonds may be only a little copper and glass.'

Posts: 506 | From: Top End | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016