homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful 2014 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  76  77  78 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful 2014
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here at the beginning of the New Year, now underway in the east, we bring our prayers before God.

Once again I begin with the prayer used last year:

My God, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Love
Spirit pervading all creation, of which I am a part
Spirit which moves within me and unites me to that whole
May we grow towards unity
May we help each other in our daily needs, earthly, spiritual and emotional
May I learn to have compassion for myself and others
May I be open to the promptings of the Spirit
So that we all may live in peace and love and rejoice in the glory of creation.
Let it be so.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good to hear Jahi will still be around next year!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please continue to pray for Dani and her mother and all the family. [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I shall!

Michael is doing somewhat better according to the BBC, although he still remains in a coma. His family are standing by.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As the Aussie summer heat and winds intensify, so do the bush fires. Things aren't looking good.
Please keep us in your prayers.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Continued prayers for all who seek prayer, and for the unknown needs of all...known to God.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grammatica
Shipmate
# 13248

- Posted      Profile for Grammatica   Email Grammatica   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lord, hear our prayers, those we speak aloud, and those known to You alone.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1058 | From: where the lemon trees blosson | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What Welease Woderwick said.

For PeteC and Dani.

For D.

For E.

Against the Australian Bush Fires.

For the Telemum.

In thanks for the stability of Visiting Cat and for all the cats and people at his original home.

For O.

For the F. Family, especially G.

For S., for healing.

All the usual stuff for me pls kthx.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dani's life support will be removed between 2 and 4 pm EST on New Year's Day, pending availability of the organ harvesters.

Farewell to my lovely great-niece, her beautiful voice, her love and patience with special-needs children.

Please pray for her mother, her three little sisters, her grandmother, her father and her paternal grandparents. Heck, pray for us all, who knew and loved her, as we move forward with a huge Danielle-shaped hole in our hearts.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So sad, Pete. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wodders, I lone the opening prayer.

Danielle, her family and all those whose lives she touched [Votive]

All who struggle with the thought of a new year and can't see anything positive ahead/

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Pete, Dani and all who knew and loved her.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my little granddaughter.

We have just heard that M, my 9 year old granddaughter, was admitted to hospital this morning. She has not been well for several weeks. Tests are being done and hopefully we will know something soon.

This is the family which was split just a few weeks ago and my DIL has generally been unpleasant.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As Huia, we like the opening prayer.

Prayers for all, grandchildren and nieces.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for Dani, may she rest in peace, and rise in glory.
[Votive] for all who love her. for comfort for them and all who mourn
[Votive] for Lothlorien's granddaughter, and for their family relationships
[Votive] for each of us, that which we need to hear/know/feel

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Please pray for my little granddaughter.

We have just heard that M, my 9 year old granddaughter, was admitted to hospital this morning. She has not been well for several weeks. Tests are being done and hopefully we will know something soon.

This is the family which was split just a few weeks ago and my DIL has generally been unpleasant.

Bad news. Hospital is 99% sure it's leukaemia. She will have spinal tap, brain fluid drain, lumbar puncture, bone marrow puncture tomorrow under general anaesthetic to see which type of leukaemia it is.

--------------------

JoannaP
Shipmate
# 4493

- Posted      Profile for JoannaP   Email JoannaP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Loth's granddaughter and her famly

--------------------
"Freedom for the pike is death for the minnow." R. H. Tawney (quoted by Isaiah Berlin)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1877 | From: England | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grieving with those who grieve.

[Votive]

For all intentions.

[Votive]

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Dani, and all who know and love her.

[Votive] For Loth's granddaughter.

[Votive] For all in need of prayer, those who have asked, and for those who cannot or dare not ask.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Dani and for Pete and all the family.

Lothlorien's granddaughter and the family. [Votive]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:

[Votive] For all in need of prayer, those who have asked, and for those who cannot or dare not ask.

This. Amen and amen.

[Votive]

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Tears already...

[Tear]

May God be closer than close to those who mourn and weep.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
quote:

This. Amen and amen.

[Votive]

Adding my prayers to these [Votive]

And if you can, please pray for me. I started the new year with other people around me, which was good and pretty much a first for me, and I'm trying to be positive but I feel quite depressed about the year ahead.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]
Morlader
Shipmate
# 16040

- Posted      Profile for Morlader         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
[Votive] For Dani and for Pete and all the family.

Lothlorien's granddaughter and the family. [Votive]

Adding mine: [Votive]

--------------------
.. to utmost west.

Posts: 858 | From: Not England | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all who post here.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all.

Please pray for N, my work colleague's partner who's going in for an operation for breast cancer on monday. It's partly exploratory so please pray they don't find any more than they already know about.

On a smaller scale I'd appreciate prayer for my anxiety/depression. I was doing much better toward the end of the year but Christmas and New Year has taken its toll and I feel myself slipping into bad habits and I need to start again with the things I know help. Even writing that makes me angry - I hate that I have to work just to maintain an even emotional level. Which in turn makes me feel guilty because I know lots of people have it worse.

Lord, have mercy!

Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
All who struggle with the thought of a new year and can't see anything positive ahead/

Thank you for this. It is me, me, me.

I will try to pray with y'all this year because I know it still works, at least some of the time.

Mostly I just cross myself and walk on.

For all shipmates who post and for those who have silent requests, I pray. For those who sorrow and are in pain, I pray. For those hungry or cold or sick, I pray.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlet:
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:

Thank you for this. It is me, me, me.

[Votive] for Scarlet and everyone else in this category.
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lothlorien's granddaughter [Votive]

Peace and healing for all who have posted, and those who have silently added their petitions. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anglo Catholic Relict
Shipmate
# 17213

- Posted      Profile for Anglo Catholic Relict   Author's homepage   Email Anglo Catholic Relict   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all intentions.

[Votive]

For all who grieve.

[Votive]

For all who read, pray and cannot post.

[Votive]

For those who cannot pray.

[Votive]

And for us all; peace.

[Votive]

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all here and all their needs and intentions [Votive]

For all who knew and loved Dani [Votive]

For Loth’s granddaughter [Votive]

For Scarlet, Late Paul and Abigail [Votive]

For N [Votive]

For Telepath [Votive]

Lord, hear our prayers [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Praying for all of us.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] especially for the family and friends of Dani and Lothlorien's M.

[Votive] for all in pain, whether physical or spiritual.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all who need prayers, especially Lothlorien, her grand-daughter and their family, and all for whom a new year brings little or no happiness.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Reading and praying that this new year will bring healing, comfort, and peace for all who long for it. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

And ours as well.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amen.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For Dani and all who knew and loved her.

For Lothlorien's M, for healing, and for conflict resolution in the family.

For Abigail, Scarlet, and Late Paul, for healing and uplifting and joy.

For Late Paul's N.

For Michael Schumacher.

For G., and her family, R., T. and his family, the F. Family, and O.

For the Telemum.

If I wanted to think about work right now I would pray for a super productive day tomorrow.

For continued banishment of the Finançe Monster.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

It is finally over, at 1710 EST on New years day. I am comforted by the thought that, in dying, she gave a gift of life and health to many others.

Please, I pray, if you are in good health, sign your your donor card today.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

[Votive] Pete for all of you and for Dani.

I think we will both see New Years Day in a new light from this year on.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  76  77  78 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016