homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Question regarding planked shipmates

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Question regarding planked shipmates
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was just wondering if there's a publicly available archive of planked or suspended shipmates? Every once in a while I come across a discussion, and I'm wondering why X isn't posting his/her usual on it and all I can think of is they're either taking a break or they've been given one.

As someone who takes periodic breaks myself, there have been a few time when I've come back and found someone's been planked in my absence... but usually I'm left wondering.

Just curious. Thanks.

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Short answer, no there isn't a list of planked Shipmates.

If you search the directory, you will only be given the names of Shipmates who can post. So, if the person you're thinking of is listed there then they haven't been planked and are absent of their own choice (although, if there's been a name change amnesty in your absence and they chose to change name that would complicate things).

We often have a "where is ....?" thread in AS, for people to ask about those who they haven't seen for a while. I don't think there's one there currently though.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
irish_lord99
Shipmate
# 16250

- Posted      Profile for irish_lord99     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's helpful, thanks!

--------------------
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

Posts: 1169 | From: Maine, US | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016