homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Thread in Purg re existence of God and Arrse site

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Thread in Purg re existence of God and Arrse site
deano
princess
# 12063

- Posted      Profile for deano   Email deano   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, whilst I wasn't wanted around these parts I went over to the Army Rumours (Arrse) Fora.

On there, there was a thread (singular) about faith issues.

I felt the arguments of some of the more militant atheists were hackneyed and weak and mentioned that I felt that the Ship of Fools was a much better place for faith debates, and that the level of debate was of a higher standard. Which it is! Surely it is to be expected, as that is most of what is debated here.

Anyway, I did not leave a link in there, but did mention the name of this site. Someone has googled the ship, registered and raised a thread in Purgatory.

I just want there to be full and frank disclosure on my part that I didn't encourage anyone to post here, but DID state that I felt their arguments would be given a more thorough testing here.

They chose to come here and post.

--------------------
"The moral high ground is slowly being bombed to oblivion. " - Supermatelot

Posts: 2118 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for the disclosure, though in this case there seems to be no problem at all with the thread started in Purgatory.

Our policy in relation to other sites only relates to disputes on those sites, and that seems irrelevant here. Basically, don't bring fights from elsewhere onto the Ship (we're more than capable of instigating our own fights). And, don't come to the Ship seeking to recruit members on another board to support you in some fight over there.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016