homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Omg, BAIL!! BAIL!!!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Omg, BAIL!! BAIL!!!
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
DID YOU SEE THIS????

quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:

The big tidy happens tomorrow. The Ship will be off-line for a short while whilst the threads are deleted and a rebuild is done.

Tubbs

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER, WHAT WILL WE DO WITH OURSELVES!

[Waterworks] [Waterworks] [Waterworks]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going have to talk to people- IRL!
Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My assassins creed club score will break psn.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll have a serious opportunity to challenge Kelly and JJ at Angry Birds.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll probably be at work.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
I'll probably be at work.

So will I.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh well, if its working hours - I'll be working and Arno will be bored and unbloodied.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might actually have to work.

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should we set up a support group?

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here on the left coast of North America, it'll happen while we're asleep. We'll wake up and we'll find that the ship being offline was all a dream.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh goody. More DVD watching time.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruth--

Ah, but which is the dream, and which is reality?

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I went away for the weekend so I wouldn't be affected by the shift in The Force.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
Here on the left coast of North America, it'll happen while we're asleep. We'll wake up and we'll find that the ship being offline was all a dream.

What is this "sleep" away from the Ship of which you speak?

[ETA psst, WW, it hasn't happened yet! You'll have to take the week off, too]

[ 06. January 2015, 06:36: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did spend a large proporation of the time worrying that I hadn't entered enough 000's in the "delete x number of days" box and had destroyed everything by mistake! [Eek!] [Paranoid] [Hot and Hormonal] Fortunately not! [Yipee]

The Ship is now very tidy indeed and a full maintaince programme has been run. Bilge tank flushed, barnacles removed ...

Tubbs

[ 06. January 2015, 11:59: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
I did spend a large proporation of the time worrying that I hadn't entered enough 000's in the "delete x number of days" box and had destroyed everything by mistake! [Eek!] [Paranoid] [Hot and Hormonal] Fortunately not! [Yipee]

The Ship is now very tidy indeed and a full maintaince programme has been run. Bilge tank flushed, barnacles removed ...

Tubbs

Rudder and screws (or is it paddles?) still in place. Many thanks.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What? It's happened? In the time it took me to nip to the shops for a bag of onions and some leather dye (hours of fun in that combo).

I feel slightly deprived.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I cleaned my apartment. The poor thing never even saw it coming.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I realised my mistake when I checked the boards and there was a maintenance message, happily I managed an emergency appointment* and so survived.

*with a good book! [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
What? It's happened? In the time it took me to nip to the shops for a bag of onions and some leather dye (hours of fun in that combo).

Ditto. Let's ask them to do it again.
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The message said I'd survive - I did.

Just [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

Perhaps Tubbs could make it a regular Tuesday task?

[ 06. January 2015, 13:07: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

Perhaps Tubbs could make it a regular Tuesday task?
No

Tubbs

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A++ for restraint!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
I cleaned my apartment. The poor thing never even saw it coming.

Damn you, iPad, why won't you let me quotesfile that!

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I missed it, too, even being fore-warned: "Stay awake, for ye know not the hour nor the day".

WW's suggestion is a good one. Days of Unholy Disobligation ( DUD ) so that our eyes might rest, and our fingers be folded in prayer. And how glad would we be when our Ship is visible again [Smile] .

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I cleaned my apartment ...

What, all of it? [Eek!] [Overused]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
I cleaned my apartment ...

What, all of it? [Eek!] [Overused]
I got into what I believe the youth call "the zone".

I even emptied out the vacuum cleaner cylinder afterwards. Impressive, huh?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

You're supposed to empty that?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Now you're just showing off.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll work on my novel or become a Ship recluse like my wife....

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't notice anything. Too busy playing online Scrabble, I expect. (Do you realise what seriously good players Spike, Jack the Lass, Pants and Smudgie are!)

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
quote:

Now you're just showing off.
Well I've always believed that smugness is next to godliness. [Razz]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Chorister:
I didn't notice anything. Too busy playing online Scrabble, I expect. (Do you realise what seriously good players Spike, Jack the Lass, Pants and Smudgie are!)

Smudgie is insufferable.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

( I just wanted to add, insufferable in an adorable lovable penguiny sort of way. But still. )

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think it was fine as it stood, Kelly.

[Razz]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

How did that work for you? [Snigger]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
quote:

When I get in, it isn't so bad.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
quote:

[Snigger]
Savor your triumph while it lasts, Jedi.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Your axe, my lightsaber, Kelly! [Snigger]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Your axe, my lightsaber, Kelly! [Snigger]

And my steel-edged bowler hat. [Cool]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

jedijudy

# 333

Too bad they don't do teams! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016