homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Time to Flush the Bilge Tanks (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Time to Flush the Bilge Tanks
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oblivion is heading towards 500 plus pages - around the time the sheer size of it makes the Ship creak.

I'll be going in there with the weed wacker shortly, so:

• Save any threads you love that you think might not survive the tidy locally.
  • If you think that a thread in Oblivion demonstates the "best of the Ship" then flag it up here. With a Link to the Thread. None of this, "that fabulous thread on thingey that whatmit started" malarky, thank you. If you can't find it, there is no guarantee that I will! If it really is good enough, then it can be moved to Limbo.

Thank you.

Tubbs

[ 23. December 2014, 13:03: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
nb, the Ship's search facility is a thing of legend, so if you really want to find something in Oblivion, an external search engine might be the thing.

Not that I've got an interest in these, just that multiple usage of the Ship's search engine might cause that to creak too.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would you kindly consider saving this game please? I thought it was a marvellous game, with twists and hijinks and general mayhem.

[Overused]

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That one's safe for now. Though, we'll note any requests for a move to Limbo. It's the older threads that are going to be flushed. So, we need to know about anything from 2010 you want to keep. If you've a bit of time you could just go to the last page in Oblivion and work forward to see if any thread stands out.

[ 23. December 2014, 14:02: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just one vote, with a hope for more, to be ruthless and destroy almost everything. I can't be the only person on the ship with a tendency to over-share or anger management issues. [Hot and Hormonal]
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, I''ve thought about this before-- what about archiving the Who threads? I think the continuity of those discussions is impressive, and imo are worth repeated readings. ( I have saved a couple threads.)

And tag them "Dr. Who" rather than " Heaven" so the fanatics can find them easily.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Ok, I''ve thought about this before-- what about archiving the Who threads? I think the continuity of those discussions is impressive, and imo are worth repeated readings. ( I have saved a couple threads.)

And tag them "Dr. Who" rather than " Heaven" so the fanatics can find them easily.

Genius! If anyone has links to them, that would be prefect ... [Yipee]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
Just one vote, with a hope for more, to be ruthless and destroy almost everything.

Seconded. If it's in Oblivion, it probably wasn't worth transferring to Limbo for future preservation at the time, and a lot of that stuff is ephemeral anyway.

I had a quick look earlier but can't see anything I personally would want to revisit - happy for the lot to go.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about this thread which contains ken's field guide to views held by English Anglicans?

Or this alternative hymn thread?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On searching: do we all know the "site" search on Google? So, if I want to search for the phrase "paint my bottom blue", Google might return all sorts of interesting things. But if I type
quote:
"paint my bottom blue" site:forum.ship-of-fools.com
Google will only return results from the Ship.

Another plea here for the Dr Who threads. But I also like to browse some of the old music threads we've had in Heaven over the years - I'll try and come up with some links.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adeodatus:
But if I type
quote:
And return four results! (at the time of posting it hasn't yet found this post or the one above it).

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
quote:

Tubbs

I found the 2010 Dr Who thread, and moved it to Limbo 'cos I could. It's now
here.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eutychus:
quote:
But if I type
quote:
And return four results! (at the time of posting it hasn't yet found this post or the one above it).
Ah, but sadly the original seems to have gone. (It was originally "F**k me, I love Bruckner", but some passing Host changed it to "Tie me to a pig and paint my bottom blue, I love Bruckner". There may have been some debate over whether "F**k me" was an exclamation or an invitation.)

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Tubbs

If it helps:

Thread started in March 2010

Tangential thread started April 2010

Thread started April 2011

Thread started March 2012

Thread started August 2012

Thread started November 2012

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
But if I type
quote:
Ah, but sadly the original seems to have gone. (It was originally "F**k me, I love Bruckner", but some passing Host changed it to "Tie me to a pig and paint my bottom blue, I love Bruckner". There may have been some debate over whether "F**k me" was an exclamation or an invitation.)
Damn! I thought that was already limbo'ed.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Bruckner thread was back when I was a Heaven host, so no later than 2009. (Pre-Oblivion.)* It was started by Laura who was still an Admin at the time. IIRC she changed the title herself -- there were a couple of random grumbles about having the F-word in a Heaven thread title.

*And so I am really, really sorry for not Limboing it. It was a classic.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{Raises hand from back of class.}

I thought the Shiply powers that be had decided that we were going to keep all threads?

Would it help to just dump Oblivion into Limbo? Or link the two boards together? Or some such?

If it's at all possible, I think we should have a record of ALL of Ship life.

Thx.

{Proffers H/A gifts.}

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:
If it's at all possible, I think we should have a record of ALL of Ship life

Wanna provide the space for us to store all that stuff? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Why? [Confused]
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariel--

Because every bit of it is *us*, is the Ship, is our community. It's our history and our life.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

quote:

The short answer is that it's not possible.

We used to delete everything with the exception of a very small number of threads that got saved to Limbo. We set up Oblivion for a range of reasons, including to provide that "record of ALL of Ship life".

Although a manual search is easy if you have an idea of when a thread was last posted to, finding anything else is a monumental task. I'm not aware of anyone ever referencing a thread more than 18-24 months old, with the implication that people aren't using it as a resource to refer back to. In addition, the size of Oblivion seems to be a contributing factor to some of the quirks we've been experiencing with the software, it's certainly something that makes maintenance of the database holding all our ongoing discussions a real pain.

Oblivion has been culled several times over the last few years to stop it dragging the whole Ship under. This is simply the latest in that line of clear outs.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What? Including old threads from All Saints? Why would anyone need to know that another shipmate had a full PM box 5years ago? Why do you need to see that a duplicate thread got closed after one post? Do we really need to know that someone had forgotten their password and needed help?

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Alan--

I've referenced very old threads. IIRC, others have, too. And it's fun to go back and re-read.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Spike--

Do you permanently wipe out parts of your own memory?

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

I try to!

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

Oblivion has always seemed to me like a junk room for temporary storage with a bunch of stuff that meant a little, or maybe nothing at all, at the time but which is no more use now than a set of old bills with receipts from 5 years ago, that broken lampshade that never got fixed, those old curtains that you wouldn't actually want to put back up now, and a bunch of tins of something that's well past its expiry date.

A few things might be kept (though I personally disagree about the Doctor Who threads) but indiscriminate keeping of everything is hoarding.

In some ways it would be quite good to delete as much as possible, including long-running threads from the main boards - though I know that's not the subject of discussion - and start the new year afresh with pretty much a blank slate and see what comes up.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:

Why? [Confused]
Wow
This exchange gave my brain whiplash with the mental double-take it caused.
Can't keep everything, don't have room. But why would one want to? "Don't throw that paper cup away! It is the first one from that cafe that I kind of liked if the one I really wanted to go to was closed".
Jettison everything? "As your new Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, I am announcing the closing all museums, libraries and government owned historical properties, following the announcement by the PM and her majesty that we are no longer a kingdom with histories spanning thousands of years. As of 1 January, we are brand new.
On a related note: as the National Trust is no more, all buildings will be left open, loot want you can before garbage day. Please be aware that Balmoral is a private residence and not included in this notice".

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First, I thought it was very kind to get a PM about this. Was it ship-wide?

Second, there are several types of decluttering people around. I am one of those who hangs on to all sorts things because they have an emotional meaning, and I want to retell the story of the things hung on to, usually to myself, because seldom do others really care or listen or think my judgement is any good about such things - because it is not.

Eventually, often years later, I realize my emotion has faded, and then am capable of disposing of the things. Thus, it seems to me that appraisal of True Quality of a topic and thread is required, nothing more. Dispassionate, done by like an arts or best book jury, which is the Admins and Hosts. And saps like me who cannot be unemotional when cleaning ship would be wise to have another cup of grog while letting others set the fires and throw overboard.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:

The short answer is that it's not possible.

We used to delete everything with the exception of a very small number of threads that got saved to Limbo. We set up Oblivion for a range of reasons, including to provide that "record of ALL of Ship life".

Although a manual search is easy if you have an idea of when a thread was last posted to, finding anything else is a monumental task. I'm not aware of anyone ever referencing a thread more than 18-24 months old, with the implication that people aren't using it as a resource to refer back to. In addition, the size of Oblivion seems to be a contributing factor to some of the quirks we've been experiencing with the software, it's certainly something that makes maintenance of the database holding all our ongoing discussions a real pain.

Oblivion has been culled several times over the last few years to stop it dragging the whole Ship under. This is simply the latest in that line of clear outs.

As the software asks you to select the number of days old a thread needs to be, I was going to delete everything over 1,000 days old. (Bonus points for spotting the cultural reference!).

To make sure that everyone gets the opportunity to save locally or nominate their favourite thread for transfer to Limbo, this won't happen until towards the end of next week. (And because the Internet connection at my in-laws is dire!)

Tubbs

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Jettison everything? "As your new Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, I am announcing the closing all museums, libraries and government owned historical properties, following the announcement by the PM and her majesty that we are no longer a kingdom with histories spanning thousands of years. As of 1 January, we are brand new.

This isn't a kingdom with histories spanning thousands of years, and the threads in Oblivion aren't works of art. Many are ephemera that are rarely re-read. Oblivion is, as they say, full of threads that "didn't make the cut for Limbo", and "range from mildly interesting to terminally dull." YMMV, of course.
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
First, I thought it was very kind to get a PM about this. Was it ship-wide?

Second, there are several types of decluttering people around. I am one of those who hangs on to all sorts things because they have an emotional meaning, and I want to retell the story of the things hung on to, usually to myself, because seldom do others really care or listen or think my judgement is any good about such things - because it is not.

Eventually, often years later, I realize my emotion has faded, and then am capable of disposing of the things. Thus, it seems to me that appraisal of True Quality of a topic and thread is required, nothing more. Dispassionate, done by like an arts or best book jury, which is the Admins and Hosts. And saps like me who cannot be unemotional when cleaning ship would be wise to have another cup of grog while letting others set the fires and throw overboard.

Nope, but last time I tided, I didn't tell anyone and you started a Styx thread about it as I'd deleted a load of threads you'd saved. You had some good suggestions about how to make the regular Oblivion spring clean work better. So I've adopted them. You got a PM to let you know. Must be too much eggnog making me feel caring and sharing rather than my usual grumpy self!

Tubbs

[ 24. December 2014, 16:57: Message edited by: Tubbs ]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

This isn't a kingdom with histories spanning thousands of years, and the threads in Oblivion aren't works of art. Many are ephemera that are rarely re-read. Oblivion is, as they say, full of threads that "didn't make the cut for Limbo", and "range from mildly interesting to terminally dull." YMMV, of course.
My post might have included a tiny bit of exaggeration. But it wasn't directed at Oblivian as much as your comment to wipe clean the ship entire. Which I find as extreme as keep every bit and bob.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

It's supposed to be a site devoted to Unrest, no? Merry Christmas. [Biased]
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Touché and Happy Christmas.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope it isn't too late, but could you save that thread that settled the debate about PSA once and for all? Thank you.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I read in Oblivion fairly regularly, because I'm a sad little creature living in the past. [Razz]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
I hope it isn't too late, but could you save that thread that settled the debate about PSA once and for all? Thank you.

[Killing me]

And Golden Key-- have mercy on our software. I think it was very accommodating of Tubbs to ask us for Limbo suggestions-- I suggest you follow through on that offer and nominate some yourself.

And Tubbs, as for your "usual grump self" --y'all don't let her fool you . Based on some of the stuff I have seen I think Tubbs should work for the UN. [Overused]

[ 25. December 2014, 03:02: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here are my suggestions for limbofication:
  1. Belief and Disbelief in God, Fairies etc
  2. How'd you change atheists?
  3. Sin, forgiveness, and the rules of golf
  4. Decline and Fall of the Roman Church?
  5. Would you look in the box?
  6. How can Jesus Christ be God?
  7. Catholic and Orthodox soteriology
  8. To Hell with your evil theology
  9. Would UFO's destroy your belief in the Church?
  10. Theodicy and The Fall
  11. Hell - an embarrassment to many Christians these days?
  12. A random proof of God
  13. Popery and condoms and gigolos
Sorry if this is delayed, it took some time to wade through 114 pages of threads on a slow internet connection (I'm on vacation). Also sorry for a biased selection that basically contains only threads where I was involved. But with so many threads there was no way of reading them all. So I basically just went looking for things that might have interested me back in 2010...

[ 25. December 2014, 14:40: Message edited by: IngoB ]

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Based on some of the stuff I have seen I think Tubbs should work for the UN. [Overused]

She's the diplomat of the Admin team, it must be said!

If I was tasked with cleaning up Oblivion I'd just set a tactical nuke under the bastard and let some other bugger deal with the clean up.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IngoB:
it took some time to wade through 114 pages of threads on a slow internet connection (I'm on vacation).

It's Christmas Day! What are you doing spending hours trawling through the archive of some random website?

Go and have some mulled wine and celebrate with the family!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Thanks for hearing me out. [Smile]

I wasn't concerned about duplicate threads and password resets. But we're created community experiences here, in each discussion. We each have our own bit of the experience in us--but an archive helps make the community experience available.

I hope the Ship is around for a long, long time--and future Shipmates may want to know what we've been up to.

FWIW, etc., etc. Thanks to Tubbs and all the H/As for your hard work.

--------------------

IngoB

Sentire cum Ecclesia
# 8700

- Posted      Profile for IngoB   Email IngoB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
It's Christmas Day! What are you doing spending hours trawling through the archive of some random website? Go and have some mulled wine and celebrate with the family!

I'm in the Philippines at the moment. We started celebrating from 6.30am with (extended) family and by 4pm (8am UK time) I was lying on my bed in 30 centigrade heat hoping that my belly wouldn't explode from the endless food I had stuffed into it. As good a time as any to click leisurely through webpages... [Big Grin]

--------------------
They’ll have me whipp’d for speaking true; thou’lt have me whipp’d for lying; and sometimes I am whipp’d for holding my peace. - The Fool in King Lear

Posts: 12010 | From: Gone fishing | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Quite so! I was the same, but even the I didn't have long enough to go through half of Oblivion!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

It would't surprise me if IngoB turned out to be a master-class speed reader.If IngoB told us he actually taught speed reading, my lack of surprise would create a vortex that would instantly perform the Oblivion Purge itself. [Big Grin]

So, when's the big day?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog:
quote:
quote:

Tubbs

If it helps:

Thread started in March 2010

Tangential thread started April 2010

Thread started April 2011

Thread started March 2012

Thread started August 2012

Thread started November 2012

Got 'em!

On to IngoB's list.

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's a thread in Oblivion called "Liturgy of the Irvingite Catholic Apostolic Church."
Could it be put in Limbo, as the thread (formerly in Eccles) called "The Catholic Apostolic Church" has been?

But, oh dear, I just tried a search for it in Oblivion and couldn't find it. Perhaps already purged? I did bookmark it a while ago so I suppose even when purged, it remains in the bookmarks on my own computer?

--------------------
Pondering.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Would this be it?

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

I would like to put a plea in for various Cwmbran/Bethel threads, partly out of personal interest and partly because there are lots and lots of links in them. Here are a couple (I see the others are in Limbo already):

Revival in Cwmbran

Bethel brainwashing (contains documented fakery).

[ 27. December 2014, 21:39: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

So far I have limboed all nominations. I figure we in the Adminosphere can discuss their Limbo- worthiness later.

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Would this be it?

Thanks Eutychus--but when I click on your highlighted "this" it says it is a thread that does not exist. So I guess it's gone, but luckily I seem to have it or a bit of it still saved in my bookmarks on my own computer.

--------------------
Pondering.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016