homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » 2014 Celebrity Death Pool (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2014 Celebrity Death Pool
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As the shops have had Christmas decorations up for a month or so now it must be time to start next years Death Pool. The rules are the same as ever:

quote:
1. You must pick up to 13 well-known people whom you think will shuffle off this mortal coil in 2014. That is, starting from 00.01 UTC (GMT, really) on January 1st 2014 and ending at 23.59 UTC on December 31st 2014, as determined by the United States Naval Observatory.

2. The definition of "well-known" is that their deaths will be reported by at least one major news outlet. Examples outlets include (but are not limited to) The Guardian, CNN, IMDB, Al Jezeera, or the Church Times(!).

3. All selections must be real, natural born people. No fictional characters, abstract entities, or "corporate persons," please.

4. Points are awarded according to the following formula: 100 minus the celebrity's age at the time of death. For example, if the person you choose dies at the age of 67, you will earn 33 points. Should you pick someone who is 100 years old when they die, you will receive no points; should your person be over 100, you will lose a point for every year after 100.

5. You earn 50 bonus points if the death occurs in such a way as to clearly prove the existence of God (for example, if some doofus dies from burns after trying to torch a church), or in such a way that a Darwin Award is granted posthumously.

6. You cannot choose anyone under the age of 18.

7. You can choose an inmate scheduled to be executed, but you only earn points if the person dies by some means other than the state-sponsored execution. For example, a shiv in the stomach counts, lethal injection does not.

8. You are disqualified if you contribute in any way to the death of one of your chosen candidates. Exceptions will be made if you are a police officer or member of the armed services and kill someone in the line of duty.

9. All entries must be submitted on this thread no later than 23.59 UTC on December 31st 2013. No entries will be accepted after this time. You may however make changes to your list up until this time, but only if someone pops their clogs before the beginning of the year or you've put someone in twice.

There are also a couple of bonus awards:
Inside Track with the Grim Reaper Award: given for picking the first death of 2014.
Quantity Not Quality Award: given for picking the most people who croak in 2014, regardless of their points value.
Sudden Death: given for picking the last death of 2014

Also, because this has been running for a number of years, we've learned that the same questions and complaints get lodged each time, so here's the disclaimer: this is only a game. The Ship, its management, and their associated lackeys do not necessarily endorse the death any human being. One should not necessarily view this as a "wish list;" reviewing past years will show that, at any rate, truly evil and nasty dictators seem to have a habit of lingering, while those figures we truly respect and admire often don't. The Circus is a place for games, not discussion of the rights or wrongs of those games; if you want to discuss the ethics of this one, there are other places you can do that.

I will keep records through the year and will occasionally post scores and other interesting facts.

Good luck to you all and bad luck to your nominees!

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, here we go:

1. Justin Bieber
2. Michael J. Fox
3. Britney Spears
4. John Boehner (US Speaker of the House of Representatives)
5. Marco Rubio (US Senator from Florida)
6. Lady Gaga
7. Tom Cruise
8. Robert Redford
9. Paris Hilton
10. Barack Obama
11. Hillary Clinton
12. Charlie Sheen
13. Rush Limbaugh (US ultra-right-wing talk show radio host)

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeremy Clarkson
Val Doonican
Michael Douglas
Bruce Forsyth
Barry Manilow
Robert Mugabe
Ennio Morricone
Ian Paisley
Fred Phelps
Terry Pratchett
William Roache
Anne Robinson
Delia Smith

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Jean Chretien (former PM of Canada)
2. Brian Mulroney (former PM of Canada)
3. Paul Martin, jr (former PM of Canada)
4. HM the Queen of Canada
5. HRH The Prince Philip, her husband.
6. Lloyd Robertson (Canadian newscaster)
7. His Holiness, the Emeritus Pope
8. His Holiness, the Dali Lama
9. Robert Mugabe
10. The Countess Mountbatten of Burma
11. Lady Pamela Hicks, sister of the Countess Mountbatten.
12.HRH The Prince of Wales
13. Rob Ford, titular mayor of Toronto

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Steve Guttenburg
2. Robert Mugabe
3. Burt Bacharach
4. Stephen Sondheim
5. James Last
6. Ian Paisley
7. Charles Aznavour
8. Shane MacGowan
9. Charles Taylor (Liberian bad dude)
10. Bow Wow (rapper) (token 27th birthday next year)
11. James Caan
12. Tom Baker
13. Edward Brooke (US politician = token old dude of the year..long may he live)

No women this year. Long may they all live.

[ 07. December 2013, 15:35: Message edited by: Og: Thread Killer ]

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda B. Reckondwythe:
OK, here we go:
5. Marco Rubio (US Senator from Florida)

Not saying a word. [Devil]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's my list. About half are the same as last year. The kiss of life, in other words.

1. Frankie Muniz
2. Randy Travis
3. Valerie Harper
4. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
5. Tommy Chong
6. Nick Cannon
7. Muhammed Ali
8. Pope Emeritus Benedict
9. Justin Bieber
10. Helen Mirren
11. Stephen Hawking
12. George H W Bush
13. Charlie Sheen

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I lost two fairly obvious ones in 2013 (Baroness Thatcher and Nelson Mandela), so I'll have to come up with replacements ...

Kiss of Life List:
1. HM Queen Elizabeth II
2. HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
3. His Holiness Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
4. Sir Terry Pratchett
5. Michael J. Fox
6. Dr. Francis Jackson, organist emeritus of York Minster
7. Sir Peter Maxwell Davies, Master of the Queen's Music
8. Martina Navratilova
9. Sir Cliff Richard

Quite A Lot Of Points List:
10. Paris Hilton
11. Justin Bieber

Why Isn't He Dead Yet List:
12. Robert Mugabe

Why Isn't He Dead Yet and Quite A Lot Of Points List:
13. Kim Jong-Un

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, barring some very interesting New Year's Eve parties, I'm 0 for 13. Welp. I would say "so much for my luck," except that it's kinda hard to be sad about people living. So, health and long life (if, perhaps, in prison) to:

1. Benedict XVI
2. Francis
3. Angelo Scola
4. George H. W. Bush
5. Steven Fry
6. Hugh Laurie
7. Lindsy Lohan
8. Keith Richards
9. Justin Bieber
10. Héctor Beltrán Leyva
11. Omar Trevińo Morales
12. Mokhtar Belmokhtar
13. Talib Saud Abdullah Al Talib

A nice mix of older folks, those with access to wild lifestyles, and those who have large numbers of people with weapons after them.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, a list from me. I have never scored particularly well, except when other also have, so these are probably names to avoid:

1. Billy Graham
2. Dowager Duchess of Devonshire
3. HM Queen Elizabeth II
4. Paul Gascoigne
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
7. Michael Crawford
8. Leonard Nimoy
9. Prince Philip
10. Stephen Hawking
11. Dick Van Dyke
12. Ian Paisley
13. Bruce Forsyth

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ariston - what has poor Hugh Laurie done to have you put him on your list? He looked really healthy when I saw him perform a couple of weeks back (John Lloyd's With Great Pleasure going out on Christmas Day).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's my little list - and there's precious few of them that would be missed!

1. Rupert Murdoch.

2. General Than Shwe.

3. L K Advani.

4. Narendra Modi. [Advani's nasty successor as nasty right-wing leader of nasty right-wing Bharat Janatha Party]

5. Newt Gingrich.

6. Jean Marie LePen.

7. Robert Mugabe.

8. Raj Thackeray.

9. Pat Robertson.

10. Ian Paisley.

11. Mitt Romney.

12. Gerry Adams.

13. Philip Mountbatten.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Ariston - what has poor Hugh Laurie done to have you put him on your list?

1. He has a long history of deaths in the family; word on the street is, most of his ancestors died themselves.
2. All men are moral. Hugh Laurie is a man.
3. You really think I'm going to pass up the chance for 50 bonus points if Fry & Laurie take their final bows together?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

All men are moral? Really?? [Killing me]

[ 08. December 2013, 14:33: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ariston - what has poor Hugh Laurie done to have you put him on your list? He looked really healthy when I saw him perform a couple of weeks back (John Lloyd's With Great Pleasure going out on Christmas Day).

And yet you've no problem with him wishing dead Steven Fry?
Hmmmm, CK, hmmmmmm.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't wish Steven Fry dead, I just think Hugh Laurie (at 53) isn't that old and as a runner is pretty fit and healthy and looking a lot younger than Mr Fry (who I saw in the flesh last year playing Malvolio at the Globe).

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With nine lists posted so far Robert Mugabe appears most often (six) and Justin Bieber, Prince Phillip, Ian Paisley (assuming everyone has chosen the same one) & Pope Benedict share second place with four.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Starbug
Shipmate
# 15917

- Posted      Profile for Starbug   Email Starbug   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Margaret O'Brien
2. Shirley Temple Black
3. Betty White
4. Ronnie Corbett
5. Angela Lansbury
6. Dame Maggie Smith
7. William Shatner
8. Johnny Mathis
9. Frankie Valli
10. Sir George Martin
11. Miley Cyrus
12. Liam Gallagher
13. Bear Grylls

--------------------
“Oh the pointing again. They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?” ― The Day of the Doctor

Posts: 1189 | From: West of the New Forest | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Douglas Hurd
2. Prince Philip
3. Julie Andrews
4. John Noakes
5. Muhammed Ali
6. Ken Dodd
7. Ronnie Corbett
8. Kylie Minogue
9. Brian Cant
10. Michael Aspel
11. Liz Smith
12. Denis Healey
13. Jasper Carrott

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
quote:

And this man is either hopelessly optimistic or makes typos.

--------------------

BessLane
Shipmate
# 15176

- Posted      Profile for BessLane   Email BessLane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Hillary Clinton
2. Pope Francis
3. Kyle Busch
4. Miley Cyrus
5. Willie Nelson
6. Jenna Jameson
7. Queen Elizabeth II
8. Silvio Berlusconi
9. Rob Ford
10. Angela Merkel
11. Lindsay Lohan
12. Lou Holtz
13. Stephen King

--------------------
It's all on me and I won't tell it.
formerly BessHiggs

Posts: 1388 | From: Yorkville, TN | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lucia:
quote:

And this man is either hopelessly optimistic or makes typos.
I don't understand. All men are coral?

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Robert Mugabe
2. Ion Iliescu (former President of Romania)
3. Brad Pitt
4. Sir Alex Ferguson
5. Miley Cyrus
6. Bruce Forsyth
7. Prince Philip
8. Prince Harry
9. Eric Pickles
10. David Dimbleby
11. Grayson Perry
12. George HW Bush
13. Macaulay Culkin

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1 Mary Berry
2 Prince Philip
3 Tom Baker
4 David Hasselhoff
5 Stephen Hawking
6 Bruce Forsythe
7 Macaulay Culkin
8 Robert Mugabe
9 Archbishop Desmond Tutu
10 Rev Ian Paisley
11 Pope Emeritus Benedict
12 Ozzy Osbourne
13 Ronnie Corbett

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kyzyl

Ship's dog
# 374

- Posted      Profile for Kyzyl   Email Kyzyl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Kirk Douglas
2. Betty White
3. Pat Robertson
4. HRH Prince Phillip
5. George H. W. Bush
6. Pete Seeger
7. Hosni Mubarak
8. Kim Jong-un
9. Miley Cyrus
10. Kim Kardashian
11. Barack Obama*

I may add a few later.

* Mainly due to the wing-nuts I've been dealing with the past week. They are getting more and more twitchy.

--------------------
I need a quote.

Posts: 668 | From: Wapasha's Prairie | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Rob Ford
2. Ariel Sharon
3. P.D. James
4. Duke of Edinburgh
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Jimmy Carter
7. George H.W. Bush
8. QE II
9. Hosni Mubarak
10. Billy Graham
11. Bashar Al-Assad
12. Fidel Castro
13. Stephen Hawking

Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta aka Lady Gaga
2. Lindsey Lohan (c'mon baby, it's our year!)
3. Shia LeBeouf
4. Megan Fox
5. Robert Pattinson
6. Amanda Bynes
7. Zac Efron
8. Hillary Duff
9.Kesha Rose Sebert aka Ke$ha
10. Nicole Polizzi aka Snooki
11. Tom Felton
12. Mary-Kate Olsen
13. Ashley Olsen (counting on you girls!)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Og: Thread Killer
Ship's token CN Mennonite
# 3200

- Posted      Profile for Og: Thread Killer     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by comet:

9.Kesha Rose Sebert aka Ke$ha

You know, I considered her because she is turning 27 but usually the 27 year olds who die are kinda good at music at some point in their careers.

The list of people in music turning 27 next year is pretty lame.

--------------------
I wish I was seeking justice loving mercy and walking humbly but... "Cease to lament for that thou canst not help, And study help for that which thou lament'st."

Posts: 5025 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't wish Steven Fry dead, I just think Hugh Laurie (at 53) isn't that old and as a runner is pretty fit and healthy and looking a lot younger than Mr Fry (who I saw in the flesh last year playing Malvolio at the Globe).

Well, sadly, we learned this year that he attempted suicide last year. Luckily, he was found before he died. Here's to his continued good health and good humor! [Votive]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I just think Hugh Laurie (at 53) isn't that old and as a runner is pretty fit and healthy and looking a lot younger . . . .

Just the kind that are prone to drop suddenly. Whenever anyone asks me if I exercise, I reply that I get all the exercise I need attending funerals of people who exercised.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jim Hall, no longer the greatest living jazz guitarist, has joined his bandmate Chico Hamilton in making the heavenly choir swing... (come on Gabriel, loosen up, get funky...)
[Votive]

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Queen Elizabeth II
2. Prince Phillip
3. Pope Benedict
4. Kim Jong Un
5. Terry Pratchett
6. Steven Hawking
7. Fred Phelps
8. Ian Paisley
9. Michael Parkinson
10. Terry Jones
11. John Cleese
12. Mohammed Ali
13. Desmond Tutu

A mixture of the great, the good and the not-so-good.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

1. Chris Chattaway
2. Ian Black
3. John Surtees
4. David Broome
5. Stirling Moss
6. Anita Lonsbrough
7. Dorothy Hyman
8. Mary Rand
9. David Hemery
10. Ann Haydon-Jones
11. Princess Anne
12. Mary Peters
13. Jackie Stewart

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A few low hanging fruit here, as well as some complete guesses. Preparing equipment for my 'round the world (covert) assassination tour.
1. Betty White
2. Lindsay Lohan
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
5. James Cromwell
6. Taran Smith (Formerly of Home Improvement)
7. Amanda Bynes
8. Fidel Castro
9. Jack Nicholson
10. Macauley Culkin
11. Miley Cyrus
12. George HW Bush
13. John Major

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
kankucho
Shipmate
# 14318

- Posted      Profile for kankucho   Author's homepage   Email kankucho   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sacrificing points for probability...

1 Kirk Douglas
2 Vera Lynn
3 Pete Seeger
4 Ronnie Ronalde
5 Eli Wallach
6 Olivia de Havilland
7 Zsa Zsa Gabor
8 Cliff Michelmore
9 Gough Whitlam
10 Dennis Healey
11 Marguerite Patten
12 Richard Hoggart
13 Billy Graham

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" – Dr. Carl Sagan
Kankucho Bird Blues

Posts: 1262 | From: Kuon-ganjo, E17 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

quote:
Originally posted by Alban:
Preparing equipment for my 'round the world (covert) assassination tour.

Do be wary of any rule 8 violation although I'm not sure on which side the burden of proof would lie.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time to commit:

!. Benedict, Pope Emeritus
2. Robert Schuller
3. Valerie Harper
4. Fidel Castro
5. Burt Reynolds
6. Mary Tyler Moore
7. Bret Michaels
8. Stephen Hawking
9. Hamid Karzai
10. Mamnoon Hussain
11. Jonathan Rhys Meyers
12. Larry King
13. Jayceon Terrell Taylor (the Game)

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maleveque
Shipmate
# 132

- Posted      Profile for maleveque   Email maleveque   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guaranteeing that all these people will survive to see 2015, here is my list:

1. Billy Graham
2. Josef Cardinal Ratzinger, lately Pope Benedict
3. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
4. Valerie Harper
5. Amanda Bynes
6. Lindsay Lohan
7. Buzz Aldrin
8. Joanne Woodward
9. Jean-Luc Godard
10. George H.W. Bush
11. Ayman al-Zawahiri
12. Deborah Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire
13. Ke$ha

--------------------
Life isn't all fricasseed frogs and eel pie.

Posts: 1496 | From: Washington, DC or thereabouts | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
maleveque - finally another on who thinks The Dowager Duchess might not make it much longer!

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here's my selection, all alphabetical like

1 Anastacia
2 Bellingham ,Lynda
3 Dennis,Felix
4 Douglas,Michael
5 Fox,Michael J
6 Franklin,Aretha
7 Gahan,Dave
8 Hallyday,Johnny
9 James,Clive
10 John, Elton
11 Michael,George
12 Minnelli,Liza
13 Spector,Phil

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Timothy the Obscure

Mostly Friendly
# 292

- Posted      Profile for Timothy the Obscure   Email Timothy the Obscure   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Dick Cheney
  • Hosni Mubarak
  • George H.W. Bush
  • Fidel Castro
  • Gordon Lightfoot
  • Rush Limbaugh
  • Bill Wyman
  • Abp. Desmond Tutu
  • Robert Mugabe
  • Bashar al-Assad
  • Amanda Bynes
  • Prince Philip
  • Valerie Harper

--------------------
When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.
  - C. P. Snow

Posts: 6114 | From: PDX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only one change, I must be keeping people alive. Only 11 years and BB King will be a negative score.

1 Mahmoud Abbas - Palastinian leader (disputed)
2 Aziz Duwaik - Palastinian Leader (disputed)
3 B B King - greatest living guitarist
4 Charlie Watts - because Keith is indestructible
5 Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
6 Baron Kinnock - (Neil Kinnock - former Labour leader)
7 Stephen Hawking
8 Terry Pratchett
9 Sir Paul McCartney
10 Xi Jinping - Chinese leader
11 Jean-Marie Le Pen - French NF former leader
12 Simon Cowell - Ruler of the universe
13 Dame Judy Dench [/QB][/QUOTE]

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pa'Looka
Apprentice
# 17917

- Posted      Profile for Pa'Looka     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
  • Hugh Masakela
    Tomi Ungerer
    Paul Hollywood
    George H.W. Bush
    Mia Farrow
    Charlie Manson
    Julie Andrews
    Nancy Cartwright (Voice of Bart Simpson)
    Ann Coulter
    Billy Graham
    Brad Pitt
    Olivia Newton-John
    Vladimir Putin

Posts: 11 | From: Pa'Lookaville (One way only) | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time to get mine in. The usual mixed bunch:

1. Wilko Johnson
2. Mikail Gorbachev
3. President Alberto Fujimori of Peru
4. Paul Gascoigne
5. Linda Bellingham
6. John McVie
7. Clive James
8. Liz Dawn
9. Chris Woodhead
10.Hosni Mubarak
11.Ian Paisley
12.Pope Emeritus Benedict
13.Richard Attenborough

Good luck to them all!

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
ChaliceGirl
Shipmate
# 13656

- Posted      Profile for ChaliceGirl   Email ChaliceGirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Valerie Harper
2. Rush Limbaugh
3. Pope Benedict
4. Jimmy Carter
5. Billy Graham Sr.
6. Fidel Castro
7. Ringo Starr
8. Lindsey Lohan
9. O.J. Simpson
10. George Bush Sr.
11. Dr. Ruth Westheimer
12. Hugh Heffner
13. Stephen Hawking

--------------------
The Episcopal Church Welcomed Me.

"Welcome home." ++Katharine Jefferts Schori to me on 29Mar2009.
My KJS fansite & chicksinpointyhats

Posts: 710 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I could have just copied my list for 2013, but I have decided to drop a few people and add more baseball players.

No reason. Just decided to.

From oldest to youngest:

(1) Betty White
(2) Henry Kissinger
(3) Yogi Berra ("Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.")
(4) Helmut Kohl
(5) Jim Bunning (the Father's Day Perfect Game)
(6) Emperor Akihito
(7) Tom Baker
(8) Henry "Hank" Aaron (the non-steroid home run champ)
(9) Bill Mazeroski (first player to end a World Series with a home run)
(10) Bob Dylan
(11) Steve "Lefty" Carlton (winning pitcher in over 45% of the Phillies' wins in 1972)
(12) Macaulay Culkin
(13) Lindsay Lohan

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This year's "kiss of Life" goes to the following (In age descending order):

1. Stephen Hawking 71
2. Muhammad Ali 71
3. Terry Pratchett 65
4. Hamid Karzai 56
5. Scott Hamilton 55
6. Michael J. Fox 52
7. Charlie Sheen 48
8. Mike Tyson 47
9. Lance Armstrong 42
10.Pete Doherty 34
11.Macaulay Culkin 33
12.Lindsay Lohan 27
13.Justin Bieber 19

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. Mohammed Ali
2. George Herbert Walker Bush
3. Amanda Bynes
4. Jimmy Carter
5. Dick Cheney
6. Kirk Douglas
7. Aretha Franklin
8. Billy Graham
9. Valerie Harper
10.Lindsey Lohan
11.Fred Phelps
12.Charlie Sheen
13.Lil Wayne

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops.
It seems I posted Jack Nicholson twice, let's pretend that the second one was a misspelling of Jack Nicklaus - not a display of poor proofreading/incompetence, shall we?
Thanks to The Rogue for his vigilance.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

quote:
Originally posted by Og: Thread Killer:

11. James Caan

Is that James Caan the actor or James Caan the UK/Pakistani entrepreneur?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016