homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Name that hymn tune

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Name that hymn tune
ldjjd
Shipmate
# 17390

- Posted      Profile for ldjjd         Edit/delete post 
Can someone please supply the title or tune designation for the processional hymn here.

I've heard it before, and I like it very much as a tune. I have no idea as to the words.

I'm also wondering why I haven't heard it more often in my long history of Episcopal/Anglican worship.

Circuit Rider

Ship's Itinerant
# 13088

- Posted      Profile for Circuit Rider   Email Circuit Rider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The tune is St Petersburg (88.88.88), attributed to Dimitri S. Bortnianski, 1825. In The Hymnal 1982 it is used once, for "Before thy throne, O God" (#574).

It is also used for Charles Wesley's "Thou Hidden Source of Calm Repose."

--------------------
I felt my heart strangely warmed ... and realised I had spilt hot coffee all over myself.

Posts: 715 | From: Somewhere in the Heart of Dixie | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If the question is answered, I guess we are done here!

dj_ordinaire, Eccles host

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016