homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Happy New Arbitrary Time Period!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Happy New Arbitrary Time Period!
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
2016 is already underway in Samoa, Kiribati & Chatham Islands and will soon be arriving in New Zealand so best wishes to you all from the All Saints Hosting team of Lothlorien, Piglet and myself. Have the best 2016 you possibly can.

WW - AS Host.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year from New Zealand.

Glad the cat is inside, the place is exploding with fireworks,

Huia

[ 31. December 2015, 10:05: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Happy New Year from New Zealand.

Glad the cat is inside, the place is exploding with fireworks,

Huia

And to you and others over there, Huia. I thought of the time difference earlier today, but it had slipped my mind which was fuzzy with lack of sleep.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The hour has passed, the fireworks viewed, so time to wish all a happy new year and retire to bed.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year to you people of the future. Thank you for leaving us messages to inspire us as we trod the path you have already trodden.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year all!

We are off to join a wild party, but will be home soon after midnight lol!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No more late-night New Year celebrations for me. But this year our Symphony is having their NY concert in the afternoon as well as the evening performance, so I'm looking forward to taking our light rail through various celebrations (including one of the largest in the country) on my way there and back -- before it gets too drunk and rowdy!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Happy New Year all!

We are off to join a wild party, but will be home soon after midnight lol!

[Snigger] I love the way we English do New Year. Watch the clock for midnight, listen to the Big Ben chimes, watch the fireworks, possibly one rendition of Auld Lang Syne and in bed by 12.30. [Killing me] From what I can gather from Scottish friends the party starts after midnight for them.

Whether we stay at home or see the new year in with friends or whatever we do I always find that because I know I shouldn't go to bed before midnight I'm desperate to do so at 8.30pm. [Snore] This evening we are seeing it in with some friends, in a house two doors down from us. So we thought we might walk - the exercise will do us good. [Biased]

Happy New Year to all shipmates, may it be a good one - and better than 2015 has been for some of us. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Quentin Tarantino's The H8teful Eight opens today with two evening shows in select theaters -- I might check out one of them. After that it's probably home to bed.

New Year's Day is traditionally one of the days of the year when I clean out the refrigerator. Since I bought a new fridge just a couple of months ago, I can probably get away with a soapy sponge over the walls and shelves rather than taking out the shelves and running them through the dishwasher, as I usually do. We'll see.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
... From what I can gather from Scottish friends the party starts after midnight ...

Absolutely - if you're in bed before about 5:00 a.m. you're not doing it right! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy 2016 to those I've met in r/l and those .i only know through the net, but still count as my friends

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
... From what I can gather from Scottish friends the party starts after midnight ...

Absolutely - if you're in bed before about 5:00 a.m. you're not doing it right! [Big Grin]
Egad! I'd never make it! Good thing I'm English, old bean - doncha know, what what! [Biased]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

TonyK

Host Emeritus
# 35

- Posted      Profile for TonyK   Email TonyK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And a quiet celebration here too.

Mrs TonyK and I will see the New Year in with a modest glass of bubbly, watch the local fireworks (if any) and go to bed.

All best wishes for 2016 to all the Shipmates...

--------------------
Yours aye ... TonyK

Posts: 2717 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May 2016 bring all of my Shipmates the most wonderful of blessings.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year to all!

I'm about to turn in - late nights aren't my thing, and I'll be up at about 5 to head for w*rk tomorrow. (This is fair enough - I got Thanksgiving and Christmas off this year.)

May the year dawn bright for all.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
... Egad! I'd never make it! Good thing I'm English, old bean - doncha know, what what! [Biased]

Actually, if I'm honest, I shan't make it that late either (in fact I never have, except in Orkney). We were with friends until about 2-ish, it's now just gone 3, and I'm heading off once I've finished looking at the threads on here.

Hope everyone had a good time! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year!

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year! May 2016 be a good one for all.

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy New Year to all Shippies and family and friends [Yipee] , and to humanity in general.

May there be less crime against it, and more acts of. [Votive] [Angel]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibaculus
Shipmate
# 18528

- Posted      Profile for Bibaculus   Email Bibaculus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Feast of the Circumcision/naming of Jesus/Mary, Mother of God
I will copy this over to anniversary, birthday etc thread as this thread seems for New year greetings.

Lothlorien AS host

[ 01. January 2016, 23:15: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
A jumped up pantry boy who never knew his place

Posts: 257 | From: In bed. Mostly. When I can get away with it. | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016