homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Saysay take your self-righteous bullshit straight to Hell

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Saysay take your self-righteous bullshit straight to Hell
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by saysay:
I'm not OK with imposing serious criminal penalties on people for their failure to be psychic. You are.

So be it.

Don't you EVER tell me what I think again. Fuck you and the high horse you ride around on.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Link, pls? Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, and thank you, saysay, for cherry- bombing a fascinating discussion with your unrelated hobbyhorses. Not everything in the world is directly about fucking Title IX.

On that subject, if any of my nieces heard you say that their school soccer clubs were symptoms of the subjugation of men, they would make a pinata of your avatar and kick it into unrecognizable shreds. And then hand those over to their very proud brothers. Who would use it to make a collage that said, WE LOVE OUR TURF-SHREDDING SISTERS.

(Why you all took the bait, I don't know. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And then there was thi:

quote:
... No wonder that they locked me in a cage and forced me to pee in front of men that I didn't know in order to enforce a writ from nowhere.

Sayshit

My first thought was, "My, what an interesting sex life you have." My second thought was, "OMG is Curious Buddhist back?"

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Posts: 5430 | From: Caprica City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
Fuck you and the high horse you ride around on.

Call Cameron. Maybe he's game.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
I'm not OK with imposing serious criminal penalties on people for their failure to be psychic. You are.

So be it.

Don't you EVER tell me what I think again. Fuck you and the high horse you ride around on.
OK, if you'd like me to know what you think about this case instead of trying to read in to what little you did say about it, why don't you try telling me what you think? Try using words other than 'stupid' and 'irrelevant.' Try to avoid quoting bogus campus rape statistics.

Go on, then.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Oh, and thank you, saysay, for cherry- bombing a fascinating discussion with your unrelated hobbyhorses. Not everything in the world is directly about fucking Title IX.

I wasn't the one who first linked to that particular case. Nor was I the first to respond. So sorry (not sorry) that I find it difficult to remain silent in the face of injustice and the presumption of guilt just because someone belongs to a particular demographic.

I'm obviously not that hard to ignore.

quote:
On that subject, if any of my nieces heard you say that their school soccer clubs were symptoms of the subjugation of men, they would make a pinata of your avatar and kick it into unrecognizable shreds. And then hand those over to their very proud brothers. Who would use it to make a collage that said, WE LOVE OUR TURF-SHREDDING SISTERS.
Oh, right, because we were talking about school soccer clubs, not the criminal court proceedings that are not only the logical endgame of a certain type of thinking but which are actually happening and being reported upon by (formerly reliable) sources such as the New York Times.

quote:
Originally posted by Soror Magna:
My first thought was, "My, what an interesting sex life you have." My second thought was, "OMG is Curious Buddhist back?"

Good thing you're a bitch without a shred of credibility (at least to me, which I'm sure you don't care about) if you think I was describing my (voluntary) sex life rather than what the fucking goons in the government did because "procedure." If you listened to anyone except your own entitlement you'd understand the problem I'm describing.

OTOH, remind me not to tell you my name in case you want to charge me with hurting your delicate academic Canadian feelings.

You are quite possibly the most hateful human being I've ever had the misfortune of encountering.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saysay is well balanced in a way, with chips on both shoulders.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

- Posted      Profile for Soror Magna   Email Soror Magna   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Really? I waste a few electrons on you and I'm more hateful than the guys you played golden showers with? Or the middle-aged white women you keep claiming are persecuting you? Either you have the attention span of a demented Alzheimer's patient, or your scale of hatefulness is inversely logarithmic.

ETA: And you've got the wrong end of the Canadian stick. Canadians apologize when other people hurt our feelings. Like, if someone bumps into me, I'm the one who says "sorry".

[ 23. September 2015, 21:42: Message edited by: Soror Magna ]

--------------------
"You come with me to room 1013 over at the hospital, I'll show you America. Terminal, crazy and mean." -- Tony Kushner, "Angels in America"

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saysay, if you mean overcrowded jail cell, why don't you just *say* over crowded jail cell ? Or someone watched me pee because they wanted to test me for drugs, and they had no just cause to do so.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Soror Magna: or your scale of hatefulness is inversely logarithmic.
I didn't really follow this discussion, but this one is good.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Really? I waste a few electrons on you and I'm more hateful than the guys you played golden showers with? Or the middle-aged white women you keep claiming are persecuting you? Either you have the attention span of a demented Alzheimer's patient, or your scale of hatefulness is inversely logarithmic.

I'm feeling neglecting having been knocked off of the top spot. : (

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What has the Queen ever done for us?
Aging Parents

quote:
OK, if you'd like me to know what you think about this case instead of trying to read in to what little you did say about it, why don't you try telling me what you think?

Read the OP again. It doesn't say I want you to know what I think. It says I want you to stop TELLING me what I think. That's pretty common decency, actually. Although perhaps you're uncommonly indecent.

quote:
Try to avoid quoting bogus campus rape statistics.
I don't believe I quoted ANY campus rape statistics. Because I don't KNOW any campus rape statistics. Can you link me to a post where I quoted campus rape statistics?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Oops sorry about the FLP (or FCP) there. Using the same editor to store two different bits of information. Bad plan.

--------------------

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And then there was thi:

quote:
... No wonder that they locked me in a cage and forced me to pee in front of men that I didn't know in order to enforce a writ from nowhere.

Sayshit

I've taken to just ignoring all of her unverifiable heavily dramatized anecdotes. It saves time and energy.

It's basically the equivalent of all those women's magazines that have shocking headlines on the cover to get you to buy, with boring content inside. Things like "HAVE ANGELINA AND BRAD FINALLY SPLIT?" to which you eventually discover the answer is "no".

[ 24. September 2015, 03:58: Message edited by: orfeo ]

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
Saysay, if you mean overcrowded jail cell, why don't you just *say* over crowded jail cell ? Or someone watched me pee because they wanted to test me for drugs, and they had no just cause to do so.

But where's the fun in that in providing a simple explanation of something that happened when you can post a convuluted description that makes No Sense. At All.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

You're not stupid enough to think this is an acceptable paraphrase of anything I've ever said.

Thus, it must be deliberate.

Deliberate meanness is worse than general chaos, etc., etc.

And there's nothing I can appeal to to make you stop.

That's how it goes.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

You're not stupid enough to think this is an acceptable paraphrase of anything I've ever said.

This sound familiar?

quote:

You are quite possibly the most hateful human being I've ever had the misfortune of encountering.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11242 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Honestly, saysay hating you seemsto be a litmus test of cool.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

quote:
Honestly, saysay hating you seems to be a litmus test of sanity.

Fixed that for you.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't hate saysay. But then I've no claim to either cool or sanity.
Though I do think someone melted the lenses of the specs she wears.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I'd like to thank Soror Magna and cliffdweller for highlighting this great big bowl of hyper.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If you have a genuine issue with some inequality in the world and your story helps illustrate it tell your story and hope by telling it you can change something.

If you bullshit not only are you undermining yourself and your issues, you're undermining the stories of everyone else who has a similar issue. By doing so you devalue what other people have to say and make them less believable.

Net result - you make things worse for yourself and others in the same position. Fundamentally that makes you a cuntiefuckpig and someone who by their own actions undermines, devalues and pisses all over the people you pretend you're defending. Twat.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saysay is one of those people that you think you might agree with, or at least agree had a valid point, sort of, if only she'd actually relate her examples and experiences rather than obliquely refer to them in a way that would only make sense if you had a clue what she was going on about.

Either relate the tales or shut up about them. This in-between pointless allusion is, well, pointless.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:

Either relate the tales or shut up about them.

You don't understand Karl. He made me lie back in a chair, then he forced his hand into my mouth and asked me if I had any plans for the summer.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For years I have thought that I have been too stupid to understand what Saysay was on about. Now I realise I was playing with a full deck after all and Saysay wasn't explaining everything (or indeed, anything).

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Eliab
Shipmate
# 9153

- Posted      Profile for Eliab   Email Eliab   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Add me to the list of people who often have no idea what saysay is referring to. I remember one occasion when she was talking about some woman having a private force of "goons" to set on people - but what it turned out she meant was that the woman had made a complaint to the police, and that they (possibly because of some set of sex/race/class biases) had been too inclined to believe the complaint and to over-react. I don't doubt that saysay thought it was obvious that she was talking about the police from the outset, but it wasn't.

In the instant case, I have no real idea whether saysay thinks it right that someone who is alleged to have had sex with a person who clearly said "no", but did not use actual violence to compel them, should be charged with rape. Clearly there is a real discussion to be had about that (to which the conclusion ought to be "yes, because if that can be proved, it is rape") but it would be impossible to have that discussion with saysay because it is completely unclear whether she is objecting to the prosecution because she thinks the defendant didn't do anything wrong on the alleged facts, or because she thinks that the legal process is so irredeemably corrupt that it cannot be trusted in this sort of case. You could have a discussion with someone who holds either view, but not with someone unwilling or unable to differentiate between them.

--------------------
"Perhaps there is poetic beauty in the abstract ideas of justice or fairness, but I doubt if many lawyers are moved by it"

Richard Dawkins

Posts: 4619 | From: Hampton, Middlesex, UK | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of what she said *almost* sounded like "boys will be boys", but I don't think she meant it that way.

I hope not, anyway.

From a previous, rather tangled and intense discussion, she may be coming from experience/perception that a lot of young men are jailed unnecessarily or wrongly. (Often the case for African-Americans.) So she may be inclined to believe that's what's going on in the campus rape case.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:

I'd like to thank Soror Magna and cliffdweller for highlighting this great big bowl of hyper.
Well Soror Magna did tell Saysay to "fuck off and die," which tops my list of hateful things to say. But then I like Saysay, so we know what that makes me.
Soror Magna
Shipmate
# 9881

Wrong, Dimlight, I told Russ the homophobe to fuck off and die.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

I didn't say anything about hating her. She tends to beat one to the punch on that.

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

Indeed. On my worst day, I don't think I would have the emotional reserves to summon up the degree of furious hate that saysay is capable of. She seems to have a bottomless well to draw from. There's something goin' on there, but dang if I know what.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

I didn't say anything about hating her. She tends to beat one to the punch on that.
You know what is weird? When I read your comment, I read it correctly. When I read mt's, I read it backwards. And that is when I commented
But you are correct, she does project a lot of anger.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Wrong, Dimlight, I told Russ the homophobe to fuck off and die.

Oops, sorry. I followed your very own "sayshit," link and it took me right to those words.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:
Indeed. On my worst day, I don't think I would have the emotional reserves to summon up the degree of furious hate that saysay is capable of. She seems to have a bottomless well to draw from. There's something goin' on there, but dang if I know what.

Agreed. The key word is "reserves." What the hell are you trying to protect yourself from to expend so much energy being antagonistic?

--------------------

Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller:

Have you noticed that you're in the middle of a thread about anything at all, and in storms Saysay with the attitude that the thread should be about her and her experiences? Out comes the tales of hard to believe persecution that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016