homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » The Ship's copyright

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: The Ship's copyright
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just an idle question really but is there a technical reason why the copyright notice at the bottom of every page says copyright Ship of Fools 2014 not 2015? ....

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ship's servers run on Gallifrey.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep that would do it. Thanks for clearing that up [Biased]

[ 06. October 2015, 18:35: Message edited by: Jammy Dodger ]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Mi dispiace. Che cosa è che in inglese?
(...which essentially means, "Say what?")

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jammy Dodger:
Just an idle question really but is there a technical reason why the copyright notice at the bottom of every page says copyright Ship of Fools 2014 not 2015? ....

No-one has written anything this year worthy of protection.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You should see what I deleted.

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rossweisse:
quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Mi dispiace. Che cosa è che in inglese?
(...which essentially means, "Say what?")

Probably mainly means Rook has the excellent taste to watch Dr. Who.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Jammy Dodger:

No-one has written anything this year worthy of protection.
I wrote an exquisite bit of prose, specifically for the Ship. It was epic. Themes uniting left and right, atheist and fundamentalist; it was all encompassing. It would have created peace in the Middle-east, solved world hunger and had your ironing done before you returned home from work. But it would only work if not copied without permission. So, like patdys, [delete]

Under the current situation, I am reduced to writing drivel such as this.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The copyright notice has now been updated to the current year.

I'm considering opening a book on how far we get through 2016 before it gets updated again.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Put me down for sometime in 2018

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

My work here is done. On to the next noble quest, [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:

Under the current situation, I am reduced to writing drivel such as this.

So many retorts ... All of them likely to be a Commandment breach of some kind or other! [Razz] [Biased] [Smile]

Put me down for never.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Jammy Dodger: My work here is done. On to the next noble quest, [Big Grin]
Make sure that no-one nowhere ever in the world uses the apostrophe wrongly again. Come back when you're done.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Jammy Dodger: My work here is done. On to the next noble quest, [Big Grin]
Make sure that no-one nowhere ever in the world uses the apostrophe wrongly again. Come back when you're done.
Challenge acc.... er... can I get back to you on that?

p.s. slightly perturbed that this is in danger of being the longest thread I've ever initiated....!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect there may be quite a few of us who would be delighted to help you with LeRoc's challenge, JD. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

I need all the help I can get! At the moment it's just me and this chap called Sisyphus who said he'd lend a hand... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul.
Shipmate
# 37

- Posted      Profile for Paul.   Author's homepage   Email Paul.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inspiration
Posts: 3689 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul.:
Inspiration

Holy shit, I think I used to work with that guy...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

quote:
Inspiration

I'd better leave it to the professional then [Biased]

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Inspiration

I almost feel normal after that - almost... [Ultra confused]

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016