homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » That's impossible! Nooooo!

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: That's impossible! Nooooo!
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There have been hints and warnings about Luke Skywalker being in danger of falling to the Dark Side. Warned him, Yoda did.

Anyway, speculation on the web seems to lean toward Luke's role in Episode VII as being evil.

The sneak peek trailers have shown Han, Leia, and Chewbacca, but all we see of Luke is his hand on R2. And Leia crying. It doesn't look good, does it?

So, do you think Luke has fallen? Is it all misdirection? If Luke fell, was it because he was impatient? If he's still a light side jedi, will he help to train the younglings in the Awakening Force?

Y'all aren't surprised I started this thread, are you? [Biased]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought George Lucas went over to the dark side when he created JaJa Binks. It's been downhill ever since.

More ideas on how to resurrect and then screw up this franchise?

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
I thought George Lucas went over to the dark side when he created JaJa Binks. It's been downhill ever since.

[Killing me] At least the nadir has been achieved, nowhere to go but up.
quote:

More ideas on how to resurrect and then screw up this franchise?

I hated the prequels. But everything I have seen and heard about this new film has me excited.

No more Lucas, YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're Disney responsible for publishing The Jedi Path? Because that indicates that Luke is firmly on the light side, and re establishing the Jedi Order. If he has turned, I am not watching the movie!

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not sure if I'm interested in seeing these. I watched I to III but I completely forgot about them.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I stopped watching after episode I (as I guess we're supposed to call it).

JarJar was bad enough, but what convinced me that Lucas had lost it was the car race. It felt like about 45 minutes of screen time, and I started fidgeting almost immediately. If he's going to use me like that ... well, he's not. I don't really recall much of the rest of the movie. Never been tempted to revisit any of the franchise. Shame, really.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Athrawes:
We're Disney responsible for publishing The Jedi Path? Because that indicates that Luke is firmly on the light side, and re establishing the Jedi Order. If he has turned, I am not watching the movie!

IIRC, the is pre-Disney. Disney has said they are they are throwing out the Canon.

quote:
Originally posted by basso:
Never been tempted to revisit any of the franchise. Shame, really.

No, no it isn't. It is a credit to you that you left it rather than continue trusting that back-stabbing bastard Lucas. You missed nothing. Only the Original trilogy is wort watching and Only the first two of those are solid.rowing out the Cannon, so who knows.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if they do have Luke on the Dark Side, they'd better have a better "journey" to get there than they did with Anakin, which I could never really understand, as it mostly happened off screen.

However, I have wondered about Lucas' choice of name. (Though it does seem a bit narcissistic, doesn't it? Rather as if the writer of Sherlock Holmes had actually written those Barbarian books instead.) It wasn't until some time after SW1,2,&3 that I came across a bit of Norse myth I didn't know, that Loki had the byname Sky-Traveller. And I gather that Lucas had done a lot of myth reading before setting up his project.

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

[Killing me] At least the nadir has been achieved, nowhere to go but up.

Oh no: things can always get worse. Episode I was not nearly as bad as Episode II. Jar Jar was not nearly as bad as Hayden Christiansen.
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Onto important matters: who are we dressing up as to go the cinema? I call dibs on Yoda.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dressing up? I'll be in my formal Jedi robes, as usual. With my purple lightsaber. Hopefully. I may have to dress as a Floridian, however. Since there are evil people who have caused such horrific mayhem in theaters, those of us living in my fair city may not have the option of showing up in our best robes. [Frown]

I can understand Disney throwing out the whole canon of SW. They seem to always want to do things their way. Hmmph. However, they are missing out on a lot of fan support by tossing everything.

I have my ticket for December 17. Daughter-Unit, her husband and I are going. One of my padawans has six tickets already. I'm hoping for the best, but don't have enough hope to buy more than one ticket. It's just hard to imagine that Disney can recreate the magic of IV, V, and VI!!!

Perhaps, if Luke has fallen to the dark side, the next few movies will show him being redeemed.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
I watched I to III but I completely forgot about them.

The only problem with that is you might be tempted to watch them again.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So Disney have bowed to pressure from The Phelps clan who threatened to picket every cinema in the entire world if they continued to show Luke Skywalker as a messianic figure - Luke has to be shown as fallen as we are all fallen...

...and his relationship with Jabba the Hutt can no longer be shown.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:

I can understand Disney throwing out the whole canon of SW. They seem to always want to do things their way. Hmmph. However, they are missing out on a lot of fan support by tossing everything.

If the prequels proved anything, it is that the fans will endure any abuse and beg for more.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
So Disney have bowed to pressure from The Phelps clan who threatened to picket every cinema in the entire world if they continued to show Luke Skywalker as a messianic figure - Luke has to be shown as fallen as we are all fallen...

...and his relationship with Jabba the Hutt can no longer be shown.

[Killing me] Nice one, Wodders!

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Harrison Ford assures us that we will really enjoy the new movie.

Those of us of a Certain Age™ usually enjoy watching Harrison Ford. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016