homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » MW 2971: Old South Church, Boston

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: MW 2971: Old South Church, Boston
Dogwalker
Shipmate
# 14135

- Posted      Profile for Dogwalker   Email Dogwalker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't suppose it matters to any but the most pedantic, but the background information about the Boston Tea Party in the MW of Old South Church is slightly misleading.

It's true that the Tea Party participants left from Old South Church, but not THIS Old South Church. You see, this is New Old South Church, built more than a hundred years after the revolution.

In the 1770s, the parish met in what's called Old South Meeting House at Washington and Milk Street in downtown Boston.

They moved to the current Back Bay location after the fire of 1872 and the Back Bay landfill changed the residential patterns of the city.

Not that any of this matters to the review of the worship!

--------------------
If God had meant for us to fly, he wouldn't have given us the railways. - Unknown

Posts: 155 | From: Milford, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bibaculus
Shipmate
# 18528

- Posted      Profile for Bibaculus   Email Bibaculus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we were not numbered amongst the most pedantic we wouldn't be on Ecclesiantics.

--------------------
A jumped up pantry boy who never knew his place

Posts: 257 | From: In bed. Mostly. When I can get away with it. | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged
joan vines
Apprentice
# 18568

- Posted      Profile for joan vines   Email joan vines   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi,I am new in this forum. I got new and different information from this forum. [deleted advert]

[ 11. March 2016, 00:25: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016