homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Martin (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Martin
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuck off and get a blog, you prick.

What actually are you for? Why are you here? What do you hope to gain from posting either incomprehensible nonsense or the same old shite time after time after time? Who are you trying to impress? Do you actually understand debate - you know, that process by which ideas are explained and investigated - or are you only interested in broadcasting your views to the poor saps who have to read your shite?*

Never mind, I don't suppose we'll ever get anything more from you than pseudo-cryptic guff.

Arsehole.

*which isn't me, of course. I voluntarily read this crap, more fool me.

--------------------
arse

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awwww shucks, you've gorne an done it again Martin [Biased]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Golly, it's been weeks and weeks and weeks since Martin was called to Hell.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dammit it mr cheesy, you beat me to it.

Only one difference - I was going to call YOU. What is it with you and Martin60, SusanDoris and it seems anyone capable of constructing a cogent argument contrary to your own point of view?

Heck, I do find Martin60 a PITA but have you sat on something sharp over the New Year?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
leo
Shipmate
# 1458

- Posted      Profile for leo   Author's homepage   Email leo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Leave him alone - I don't always understand or read his posts either but from what I can see he's a good bloke.

[ 04. January 2016, 17:50: Message edited by: leo ]

--------------------
My Jewish-positive lectionary blog is at http://recognisingjewishrootsinthelectionary.wordpress.com/
My reviews at http://layreadersbookreviews.wordpress.com

Posts: 23198 | From: Bristol | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:

Only one difference - I was going to call YOU. What is it with you and Martin60, SusanDoris and it seems anyone capable of constructing a cogent argument contrary to your own point of view?

That has to be the first time Martin has been called coherent. And I don't remember the last time I interacted with SusanDoris.

But don't let that stop you.

--------------------
arse

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. C,

One of the most important lessons I have ever learned was that I can have my peace with the world even when other people do not meet my expectations for their behavior.

In fact, my having expectations for another person's behavior only harms me and does nothing to change the behavior of the other person.

I will not get into the rights and wrongs of who shot John on that thread; chiefly because it doesn't matter.

Odd as it may seem, you have a choice about how you react to things. You can choose to go with your first reaction - in this case anger. You can also choose to step back from your emotion and ask yourself if it is helping, or not helping, you. If your first reaction is not helping you, then you can choose to move on to whatever is next in your life.

You have struck me as a highly intelligent person who has strong emotional reactions to things you perceive to be wrong. Good for you for caring. Think about the danger of entrenching someone in their position you believe to be wrong when you accuse them of bad motives. Think how much easier it might be to discuss the issues you see with their position in terms of persuasion.

Again, I am not suggesting your reaction was wrong. I am merely pointing out a different possibility for you. Take it or leave it as you will.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whatever the hell a PITA is other than a middle eastern bread, I like Martin's posts in a Darmok kind of way. He communicates in carnival balloon allegory where we get to see the "wheel within a wheel never ending or beginning on an ever-spinning reel like a snowball down a mountain" in the windmills of his mind.

"

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
fletcher christian

Mutinous Seadog
# 13919

- Posted      Profile for fletcher christian   Email fletcher christian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, Mr Cheesey, you started a conversation about pacifism/just war and the church. You started arguing with someone who held a radically different opinion from you. You ramped it up, but the other person spoke - possibly cryptically to you - in a more personal way revealing their own struggle and journey. Then, because you didn't understand it, you got personal, aggressive and abusive. Can you spot the irony?

Martin can be cryptic, but there are moments when his own introspective journey rings true with my own (and I suspect with many others here too) and also times when it definitely does not, but getting aggressive and abusive has pretty much blown your own argument out of the water and demonstrates a sad truth.

--------------------
'God is love insaturable, love impossible to describe'
Staretz Silouan

Posts: 5235 | From: a prefecture | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by no prophet's flag is set so...:
Whatever the hell a PITA is other than a middle eastern bread, I like Martin's posts in a Darmok kind of way.

PITA = Pain In The Arse*

_____
*Ass for North Americans

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin is fabulous, fine, fun, infuriating, profound - depending on your mood - his posts are sometimes nonsense and sometimes breathtakingly deep.

It's a fine line between madness and genius [Smile]

I would miss him if he were not here - he's a special and quirky part of this fine Ship.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Whatever the hell a PITA is

You don't look in the mirror much then?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does nobody else remember the Tom Robinson Band?

No one ever had a brother like Martin
No one ever had a brother like him

(full lyrics here).

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I like Martin. Leave him alone.

--------------------
Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind.

http://philthebard.blogspot.com

Posts: 15997 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He drives me absolutely batty with his faux-intellectual ramblings. But I can't see that he's done anything differently here than he has for the last howeverfuckingmany years...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
He drives me absolutely batty ...

Short drive?

Lemme know when you get there. I'll be waiting.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin in his native habitat.
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
Martin in his native habitat.

Painted by John Martin. Coincidence? I think not.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I like Martin's posts in a Darmok kind of way.

Darmok? I love that episode [Axe murder] "Darmok and Jalaad at Tinagra"...

Sorry, over excited irritating interruption over, back to your regularly scheduled hellish shenanigans.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin can be very confusing and sometimes says things that I don't agree with. However, I've yet to see anything that would cause me to think he would not buy me a beer if he had the chance. Therefore, logic dictates he is probably an ok guy.

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Posts: 2797 | From: West Carolina | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mere Nick:
Martin can be very confusing and sometimes says things that I don't agree with. However, I've yet to see anything that would cause me to think he would not buy me a beer if he had the chance. Therefore, logic dictates he is probably an ok guy.

He'd buy you a beer for sure, but he'd choose the beer and tell you why.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No. It is like being in a pub in a foreign land; beverages will be present, but you're never quite be certain who is paying or what you are drinking.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

- Posted      Profile for Gamaliel   Author's homepage   Email Gamaliel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think most of us here would be happy to buy you a beer, Mere Nick - even if, in my case, you'd have to endure a lecture on the superior properties of traditional British cask ale ...

There are far more Hellworthy denizens than Martin on these Boards.

Take Footwasher for instance - what a pompous, self-righteous prig ...

I'm often tempted to call the otherwise inoffensive Jengie Jon to Hell too, because she knows every darn thing there is to know about the Reformed tradition and then some ... and I don't like it when people know more about things than I do ...

Which pretty much means that I'd call every Shipmate to Hell at some point or other ...

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gamaliel:

Rating who deserves to be called here will be very subjective. Funny thing about Martin is that whilst I think he has truly earned Hell calls, I think he is more often called for style than substance.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
quote:

Rating who deserves to be called here will be very subjective. Funny thing about Martin is that whilst I think he has truly earned Hell calls, I think he is more often called for style than substance.
Because he's all style and no substance?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Determining that would require understanding WTF he is saying more often than not.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

All style and no discernible substance, then.

--------------------

beatmenace
Shipmate
# 16955

- Posted      Profile for beatmenace   Email beatmenace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was thinking that in recent times - since he added the 60 , Martin's stuff has been a lot more intelligible.

And I would disagree with the previous poster, there has generally been substance there, although pretty obfuscated at times.

But then I always like Martin's posts, and we would be a lot poorer without him.

--------------------
"I'm the village idiot , aspiring to great things." (The Icicle Works)

Posts: 297 | From: Whitley Bay | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Determining that would require understanding WTF he is saying more often than not.

Bit like the Bible isn't he?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plenty of substance.

And LOL, Karl.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin60 makes the quotes file often, for good reason. There are great gems in with the confusion.

Here is an example from way back in 2011 posted by comet (where is comet?, I miss her)

quote:
I experienced the love of God today in being able to support a homeless person for a few hours and in gathering with a bunch of fellow broken creatures, for a couple of hours this evening, accepting, including them as I am accepted, included. Without judgement. At the point of need. Seeing them revive a little in the gutter when given a nubbin of unconditional welcome. There was nowhere else in a city of a third of a million people where that could have happened. Giving tottering, helpless, terminal alcoholics respect is so worth it. Having dangerous, violent men hold your hand. Awesome.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Yes, I agree with Beatmenace ...

I have found Martin's posts more intelligible since he added the '60' ... or perhaps it's simply that I've grown used to his style ... or else grown increasingly unintelligible myself ...

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OneBigFatFail Mr Cheesy.

Why?
You......are a right pain.
Martin60....isn't.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by Mere Nick:

He'd buy you a beer for sure, but he'd choose the beer and tell you why.
Fucking. Perfect. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Martin60 makes the quotes file often, for good reason. There are great gems in with the confusion.

Here is an example from way back in 2011 posted by comet (where is comet?, I miss her)

quote:
I experienced the love of God today in being able to support a homeless person for a few hours and in gathering with a bunch of fellow broken creatures, for a couple of hours this evening, accepting, including them as I am accepted, included. Without judgement. At the point of need. Seeing them revive a little in the gutter when given a nubbin of unconditional welcome. There was nowhere else in a city of a third of a million people where that could have happened. Giving tottering, helpless, terminal alcoholics respect is so worth it. Having dangerous, violent men hold your hand. Awesome.

I remember that! Yes, for me, Martin is definitely one of the ship's guiding stars.
Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

- Posted      Profile for Mere Nick     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think most of us here would be happy to buy you a beer, Mere Nick - even if, in my case, you'd have to endure a lecture on the superior properties of traditional British cask ale ...

When it comes to free beer, I'm all ears.

My wife and I will be staying in a Winchester pub one evening this spring. If I understand what they are saying on their webpage they have such a beer. The idea of staying in a place that has good beer on tap downstairs is pretty exciting.

What they say about their beer

Does this look like they will fit the bill?

--------------------
"Well that's it, boys. I've been redeemed. The preacher's done warshed away all my sins and transgressions. It's the straight and narrow from here on out, and heaven everlasting's my reward."
Delmar O'Donnell

Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin60. Most of the time I have no idea what he's saying. But sometimes I'm blown away by his insight. Definitely an asset to the Ship.
Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've noticed Martin has a sharp instinct for knowing when posters are getting a little het up. He caught me once, he's caught you a couple times Mr cheesy.
You'll grow to love him.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How dare you, Martin.

How dare you post in a way other than the one mr cheesy wants you to.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:
quote:

quote:

I remember that! Yes, for me, Martin is definitely one of the ship's guiding stars.
You see, to me, that reads like a massive humblebrag - but I may be mainlining cynicism after a spectacularly crap day at work.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

*humblebrag*

A new word to me!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Gamaliel
Shipmate
# 812

Yes, that's real ale, Mere Nick - cask-conditioned ... which means it's unfiltered and unpasteurised and undergoes a secondary fermentation in the barrel ... in other words it's still 'live'.

It's dispensed by gravity or by hand-pumps - rather than by electric-pumps which discharge gas into the beer.

So it's 'real' alright.

If you're ever in the UK ask for 'real ale' ... there are hundreds of different breweries.

Abbot Ale is from Suffolk and pretty much a national brand these days - it does vary in quality and, with all real ales it does depend on how well it's 'kept' in the cellar. On form, it's a crackingly good pint.

I don't know the others they have listed on their website - look like local microbrewery beers - always worth a try. I suspect they'll have a few guest beers on too and I'd imagine that Winchester has a number of good old fashioned pubs ... I've only ever been through it once - and I was 10 at the time.

It won't be cheap ... Winchester is well-heeled and it's 'down south' of course ...

We do have what Americans call 'craft beers' here too - they are somewhat different as they aren't cask-conditioned ... there are some good ones around - as indeed there are in the US - but 'real ale' - cask-conditioned ale - is something of a British 'thing'.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy fuck, what is with the board wide culinary obsession lately?

I'm logging off and having some gouda.

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

Good beer is always worthy of conversation, Kelly.

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Ok, Nick, You keep Gama going. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

quote:
[QB] Yes, that's real ale, Mere Nick - cask-conditioned ... which means it's unfiltered and unpasteurised and undergoes a secondary fermentation in the barrel ... in other words it's still 'live'.

It's dispensed by gravity or by hand-pumps - rather than by electric-pumps which discharge gas into the beer.

So it's 'real' alright.

If you're ever in the UK ask for 'real ale' ... there are hundreds of different breweries.

Sounds groovy, Gamaliel. We're a major beer town here in Asheville but would bet money we don't have real ale. I'll have to check it out.

We stop off there because my wife was a foreign exchange student in Southampton. The lady her age from the family my wife stayed with now lives with her family in Winchester. They picked us up at the docks last year and took us to their house in Winchester and we ended up walking around the town, cathedral, going to a pub, that sort of thing. My wife hasn't yet told them our plans but we would like to see them again.

The lady has a brother named Martin so I guess that makes it okay to talk about in this thread. Well, that and the beer.

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
*humblebrag*

A new word to me!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/humblebrag

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
You see, to me, that reads like a massive humblebrag - but I may be mainlining cynicism after a spectacularly crap day at work.

Well, granting I'm a massive cynic at the best of times, it reads that way to me as well.
If I'm honest, I find the group hug as silly as the anger.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Mere Nick
Shipmate
# 11827

It turns out I was wrong. There's a first time for everything, I guess. It turns out there is some 'real ale' here in the area. Maybe.

According to this we do have it. Given that the page looks dated, I shall have to ask my sergeant major for permission to investigate.

Providing we do have it, it will require additional research in Winchester to see if finding a good real ale in the US is like finding a good baseball player in England.

--------------------
Delmar O'Donnell

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Real Ale with Martin", right after the news....

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016