homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » echo chamber thread

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: echo chamber thread
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This ruling was quite wrong, quetzalcoatl and I were not discussing the tangent highlighted by the hosts and were discussing the topic at hand.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
[ADMIN]

Mr. Cheesy and quetzalcoatl, both of you posted more than a half hour after Eutychus asked for the tangent to stop. There was no way it could be a crosspost. The topic of this thread is stated in the OP, please return to it.

General reminder: it pays to slow down and read carefully if something that looks like [hosting] [/hosting] pops up in your vision while you are skimming a thread.
Kelly Alves
Admin

--------------------
arse

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Erm asked and answered in the thread. I apologise for forgetting that hosting issues are discussed here.

--------------------
arse

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, I apologise, too. There has been a collective pushing of boundaries lately that made me bug out a bit.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stuff like this, for instance.

What's gotten into everyone?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

I find it very hard to believe that Admins in years past would have allowed trolls who are obviously only here to repost things they've written on every other bulletin board on the internet to continue for very long.

Not my board, I understand that. But that's what I think is going on.

--------------------
arse

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

In what way does that justify ad hominem attacks outside of Hell?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

And if you pay attention, you'll note the H/A's are on the crusading issue.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To clarify, to my mind the tangent that SusanDoris seemed to realise she was in danger of starting, and that I was keen to nip in the bud, was this one:
quote:
Would you say that the quality and strength of believers’ feelings of and about love are somehow greater than those of non-believers I wonder?
Quetzalcoatl's answer seemed to be addressing that, and not, at that point, the idea he brought up later that
quote:
Cox... seems to be trying to break out from one perceived ghetto to another
That indeed would be
quote:
absolutely germane to the OP.
But please don't start discussing whether believers are more touchy-feely than non-believers on that thread or you will make the baby Richard Dawkins cry.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016