homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Ecumenical Grail Psalter

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Ecumenical Grail Psalter
Oblatus
Shipmate
# 6278

- Posted      Profile for Oblatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We've all probably heard of the Revised Grail Psalter published by the monks of Conception Abbey and being revised again for use in Roman Catholic liturgical books in the USA.

A group of non-Roman-Catholics approached Conception Abbey with a proposed further revision to fit the Revised Grail better to the original Hebrew and to be better suited for reciting and chanting (so adding syllables to some of the too-short lines, etc.). It also added back the inclusive-language aspect to some degree. This was OK'd by Conception Abbey (although is specifically not approved for Roman Catholic liturgy) and published similarly by GIA in Chicago. It's called the Ecumenical Grail Psalter.

I like it a lot, and the abbot of our Benedictine community adopted the EGP for our revised breviary along with a new psalter distribution.
I was wondering whether others are familiar with the EGP and what they think of it. I think it's an improvement on the previous inclusive-language Grail; if we're using Grail I'd want to use the new EGP or the original 1963 one (if inclusivity were not an issue).

And I think we need a return of our previously popular (and some might say endless) Divine Office thread; I'm trying to think of an angle.

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oblatus:
And I think we need a return of our previously popular (and some might say endless) Divine Office thread; I'm trying to think of an angle.

I think you are right, and this seems as a good a point for starting discussion as any! I will close this thread and transfer the matter to a Brand New and Shiny Divine Office thread...
[Smile]

[ 03. September 2016, 17:57: Message edited by: dj_ordinaire ]

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10335 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016