homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » is it snowing?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: is it snowing?
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Time for some flurries? Ship folk have created some 10,235 snowflakes over the years and perhaps we need something distracting for this time of year. making snowflakes is easy and the custom is to put SOF in the location so each of us can find the ship's flakes.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NS--

Thanks for the reminder! [Smile] I'll try to do some this weekend.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm addicted. I make them year round. I'll be very happy to see this year's crop of Ship flakes. For a treat, I highly recommend you check out Churchgeek's flakes- stunning!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just made one. This could get addictive! [Smile]

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So we can find each other's flakes we generally put SOF in the location space.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The search function on that site is a bit flaky.
Yeah, bad pun, bu accurate. Of course, not worse than the one here, so..

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love the snowflake site!
Thanks for posting this thread!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for this, Net Spinster, I love it.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just made another. Ahhh! Makes me feel peaceful.

sabine

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi. I'm having major problems with the site. Basically, the page is empty. Nothing to see, nothing to do. Giving it time doesn't help. And I've tried repeatedly over the last several days.

I'm guessing that, somehow, a script isn't running, or something's blocked. I've checked my permissions. I've got both Java and Flash. I'm using Firefox browser 50.1.0.

Has anyone else run into problems?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some of you people's snowflakes are amazing! I just make sort of random herky-jerky motions with my mouse and am impressed how symmetrical it comes out looking, but then I search through the SOF flakes and am blown away by some of your designs!

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

Mine are based on the infinity symbol.

sabine

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Golden Key:

I'm guessing that, somehow, a script isn't running, or something's blocked. I've checked my permissions. I've got both Java and Flash. I'm using Firefox browser 50.1.0.

Similar setup on MacOS 10.11.6. Check that your Flash addon is up-to-date and enabled(I have Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0, I set it to ask for activation) Javascript is needed but not Java.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Net Spinster--

Thanks for the info. [Smile] Below is what I just posted on the computer thread. (And, from what was said there, earlier, lots of people are having problems with the latest Flash.)

quote:
Re my Snowdays/Flash problem:

Many thanks for the ideas and info. I'd already done much of that, and am still tinkering. I finally got it to work in Internet Explorer--though, even there, I had to reload it a few times to get it going.

In Firefox, I can finally get as far as the instruction from Snowdays to download the newest Flash--progress, at least, because previously I'd only been able to get the flat, dull background, without pics or text. I can also get at least some of Snowdays (dot) US. That's a site that's built a frame around Snowdays.me, allowing you to adjust size and various other things to make the process easier. It's hosted by mister x, who has been giving out flaking instructions for years.

There may be some other things going on, too. I recently installed the latest Firefox, which might not be playing nicely. And my computer is having some other problems. Plus I'm having problems with Flash (I think) on a greeting card site.

I'll continue to tinker. But at least I can bring it up in IE.

Thanks again! [Smile]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I always liked Firefox but it got to the point that I had too many problems with it, so I switched to Google Chrome. Yeah, I know GC is a snoopy, bossy program, but it works for Snowdays and everything else I do.

--------------------

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

I have a hand tremor, so my snowflakes aren't always the most delicate. But I sure do like looking at all the lovely snowflakes made by other shippies.

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

Decided to try one with a Chi Ro symbol.

sabine

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016