homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Le petit tour de John Holding

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Le petit tour de John Holding
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So we're crossing the pond in April. Plans currently are sort of jammed up with people we have to see (off web people) but there are a couple of days and places where it would be nice to meet some shippies.

Near Cardiff on April 14 -- lunch time best
Oxford - April 22 - again, lunch time best
London - April 20 - as above
Paris - anytime from April 24-27.

Anyone interested?

John

Posts: 5929 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, I depart Blighty on the 14th April. [Frown]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are all REALLY terrible at coordinating our European schedules, aren't we? Sigh.

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't it be easier if there were one little country called Europa, then there could be a single Shipmeet in, say, Brussells?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Where near Cardiff?

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

- Posted      Profile for John Holding   Email John Holding   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A hamlet south and west of Cowbridge. I'm hoping to take my daughter to the Welsh LIfe Centre one day, and we'll visit Caerleon (and possibly Caerphilly Castle) the other, but we (of course) have to spend time with the friends we're staying with, so evenings are out for a meet and the days are, um, flexible.

John

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've PM'd, John.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Darllenwr would be in work, but Lord P and I could easily get to Caerphilly. There's a nice cafe opposite the castle.

--------------------

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I know that café. Isn't the Tommy Cooper statue nearby?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't be around during the day on a working day in mid-term - sorry. There may be other London Shippies who are available on a Monday afternoon.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I could potentially make a lunch in Oxford...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
I think I know that café. Isn't the Tommy Cooper statue nearby?

Yes - it's by the visitor centre. The cafe is Glanmor's, who also have a bakery shop higher up in town. They do wonderful ham rolls!

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'll be at w*rk on Monday, but depending on where you are in London, I may be able to grab an extended lunch. Let me know.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Augustine the Aleut
Shipmate
# 1472

- Posted      Profile for Augustine the Aleut     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can likely do Gijon on June 8, if that's of use to anyone.
Posts: 6236 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Holding

Coffee and Cognac
# 158

So possibilities:

Lunch in Caerphilly on 13 or 14 April. Does it matter which?

Oxford, lunch on 22 April.

London - lunch or dinner on 20 April. We're probably going to hit the V&A for at least part of that day (not nearly enough time, I know), if that helps with location or who might be able to get together.

I'll be revisitng this thread in a week or so to see what's up. (We start on our travels tomorrow, so away from easy internet)

John

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

I'm up for lunch in Caerphilly on either day.

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Have you settled on a day for Caerphilly yet? I now have an appointment at 10.40 at the fracture clinic at Merthyr on Tuesday - I have broken my toe!

--------------------

St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

Have you decided which day you are going to be in Caerphilly? I have broken my toe and have an appointment at the fracture clinic in Merthyr at 10.40 on the Tuesday (14th) [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016