homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » KRakow?

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: KRakow?
scuffleball
Shipmate
# 16480

- Posted      Profile for scuffleball   Email scuffleball   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hopefully a little less obscure - does anyone know anything about Krakow? I found some old MW reports.

--------------------
SPK: I also plan to create ... a Calvinist Ordinariate
ken: I thought it was called Taize?

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by scuffleball:
Hopefully a little less obscure

Nope. Could you give us a little more about what you want to,talk about?

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ceremoniar
Shipmate
# 13596

- Posted      Profile for Ceremoniar   Email Ceremoniar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, St. John Paul II was archbishop there before he became pontiff. Does that help? [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 1240 | From: U.S. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We are going to need a lot more, Scuffleball. Please write a proper OP so that we can have a proper discussion. Thank you!

Barefoot Friar,
Ecclesiantics host

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have been there twice on holiday and visited a lot of churches. I have nine ticked off in my guide book, but I'm sure I visited more than that. I didn't go to any services, though.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
k-mann
Shipmate
# 8490

- Posted      Profile for k-mann   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by scuffleball:
Hopefully a little less obscure - does anyone know anything about Krakow? I found some old MW reports.

They have streets. You can even buy food there.

[ 10. May 2015, 19:18: Message edited by: k-mann ]

--------------------
"Being religious means asking passionately the question of the meaning of our existence and being willing to receive answers, even if the answers hurt."
— Paul Tillich

Katolikken

Posts: 1314 | From: Norway | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I liked Krakow. We stayed in a hotel purported to be the former home of Copernicus. The transit worked, the people were extraordinarily kind, the perogies were better than those on the Canadian prairies. The costs for travellers were low compared to most countries to the west and south west. Their rotgut slivoviska is for the brave (I am spelling it wrong, it's like the Croatian rakia or Portuguese madroņa, both of which I think I'm also inventing spellings for). A day trip to Auschwitz is harrowing and troubling of my dreams still. Don't try to speak German in Poland.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Given the lack of an actual topic of discussion and no input from the original poster in over five days, I'm going to close this.

Barefoot Friar,
Ecclesiantics Host

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

Š Ship of Fools 2016