homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » TICTH the Styx discussion on TICTH (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: TICTH the Styx discussion on TICTH
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Every now and then, a TICTH thread comes into existence. Then at some point thereafter Hell becomes a bit tumbleweedy, and a Hell host decides to generate some activity by doing something "controversial" - i.e. closing it with some macho posturing about who makes the fucking rules around here, you've been told before, we've been very patient, if you don't like it mind the door doesn't hit you in the ass, and so on.

A civilized discussion™ occurs in Styx, or a less civilized one in Hell, and then it fizzles out. If someone puts up an argument or suggestion for the thread retention or rebirth, a mod or admin chips in with something loosely along the lines of:

• You will do as you’re told – it’s too difficult to moderate.
  • If you care that much, raise a new thread (they’re presumably not that difficult to moderate).
  • This is a discussion board – you will discuss.
  • You’re not here to enjoy yourselves, this community is for discussion, not chat.
  • If you wish to respond to a TICTH, go private – this is a discussion board. Do not chat.
  • If you want a playground, go to Facebook. You can chat there.
  • We will not stand by while our original mission from 17 years ago (to be a discussion board and nothing else, ICYMI) is diluted and cheapened.

If there is to be no flexibility, why not simply legislate on the board header that Nothing Is Going To Change and refuse to "discuss" the whys and wherefores of that decision? It's like Groundhog Day sometimes - angels on the head of a fucking pin anyone?

There. I've had my rant. Now I'm off to have a garden fire, like a boss. If nobody wants to comment, so be it. I expect I'll live.

Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You missed saying that often the tangents and comments are made by hosts and admins. Do they think we don't notice?

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So why haven't you posted this in The Styx, the core t place to complain about board policy?

Spike
SoF Admin

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:
You missed saying that often the tangents and comments are made by hosts and admins. Do they think we don't notice?

Example?

--------------------

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And an awful lot of those points can simply be answered (as they were in Styx) by: "You can. Just not in Hell."

If you want a chat, do it in Heaven. If you want support, do it in All Saints. If you want to discuss, do it in Purg. If you want to play, do it in the Circus.

Hell is the safety valve of the Ship. The reason we don't have to heavy-moderate, and the reason we're still here 17 years later, is partly because of Hell. You're welcome.

(xposted with Spike)

[ 14. May 2015, 11:30: Message edited by: Doc Tor ]

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Posts: 9131 | From: Ultima Thule | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Sure we miss things. I certainly did, but if you want hosts and admins who don't miss things you'll want professionals with a round-the-clock roster and that will mean a hell of a lot more chocolate.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought this was going to be this.

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:

Sure we miss things. I certainly did, but if you want hosts and admins who don't miss things you'll want professionals with a round-the-clock roster and that will mean a hell of a lot more chocolate.
lol. There's that "we" word again. Let it go man, let it go. Dream about what might have been. Buy yourself some chocolate.
passer

Indigo
# 13329

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
So why haven't you posted this in The Styx, the core t place to complain about board policy?

Spike
SoF Admin

Because I wished to rant, and Hell is the place to do that. There's no point in engaging too heavily in the Styx discussion, because it's merely a list of suggestions from punters followed by rejections from the admin team. That's OK - no problem with that - that's the way it is.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
If there is to be no flexibility, why not simply legislate on the board header that Nothing Is Going To Change and refuse to "discuss" the whys and wherefores of that decision?

Yeah right, we're all completely inflexible and stuck in our ways. That's why stuff like The Eighth Day could never happen around here. [Roll Eyes]

Or is it the ones who are demanding that the same tired old TICTH never be allowed to disappear or change who are being inflexible? No, that'd be silly.......

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

ISTM, she meant hosts and admins performed the very abuse they claim to hate. I would also mention participation in the unnecessary thread.
To answer Spike's request for examples: orfeo and Sioni Sais. Spike and Kelly do so but the add their own Consignments which is a violation in spirit if not in fact. And Rook appears to. Granted, the post is ambiguously phrased and could merely be inspired by, or coincidental to, the preceding post.
Sorry no links, but every time I try multiple links from multiple sources on the iPad it fucking refreshes the post away. And yes, I could do a work around, but can't be arsed to for such a short thread.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
passer

Indigo
# 13329

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Yeah right, we're all completely inflexible and stuck in our ways. That's why stuff like The Eighth Day could never happen around here. [Roll Eyes]

I meant inflexible on this particular issue, so apologies for not making that clearer.

No problem with Eighth Day - thought that was a successful enterprise while it lasted, if only to demonstrate to punters that running a board is not as easy and is more demanding than it might appear.

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Or is it the ones who are demanding that the same tired old TICTH never be allowed to disappear or change who are being inflexible? No, that'd be silly.......

The only ones I've noticed who seem to want the TICTH tradition to end are the mods and admins. It isn't allowed to disappear or change, it's pro-actively terminated. I haven't noticed any punters complaining vociferously and periodically about it.
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On this thread Spike, Kelly Alves, Orfeo, and Rook either quoted another post and made a comment about it before making their own post or just commented about the thread or about another post without making a comment. It has been a longstanding issue in TICTH but obviously it would be stupid to point it out to the hosts and admins in any other context but hey, this thread was started. I considered posting in the Styx thread and then realized the pointlessness.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It seems like we’ve come to believe that Hell Posts have to consist of either the Best Opening Post in Hell Ever ™ or a Rant and Run ™ in TICTH.

The problem, as everyone keeps rediscovering, is that it’s almost impossible to rant and run. Someone, even People Who Should Know Better ™, always wants to comment back. But when that happens, it’s not a rant, it’s an OP. So maybe it should have been an OP in the first place …

The only way to really fix this seems to be rediscovering some sort of middle ground. Suggestions?!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol. There's that "we" word again. Let it go man, let it go. Dream about what might have been. Buy yourself some chocolate.
That was low. Even for you.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

passer

Indigo
# 13329

quote:
Originally posted by Tubbs:
The only way to really fix this seems to be rediscovering some sort of middle ground. Suggestions?!

There are a number of suggestions in the Styx thread, but I reiterate that the majority of commenters don't seem to think the format is broken. It seems to be a management issue.
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No problem with Eighth Day - thought that was a successful enterprise while it lasted, if only to demonstrate to punters that running a board is not as easy and is more demanding than it might appear.

It's still going now. We're just waiting for the next proposal for a new board to be made. It's not our fault if nobody can think of anything at the moment.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
On this thread Spike, Kelly Alves, Orfeo, and Rook either quoted another post and made a comment about it before making their own post or just commented about the thread or about another post without making a comment. It has been a longstanding issue in TICTH but obviously it would be stupid to point it out to the hosts and admins in any other context but hey, this thread was started. I considered posting in the Styx thread and then realized the pointlessness.

No, you should have-- I pointed out the same thing backstage. It just shows how fuzzy everyone was getting about TICTH rules.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did, like twice.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amorya

Ship's tame galoot
# 2652

- Posted      Profile for Amorya   Email Amorya   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I'd say, allow replies on TICTH. Allow it to go in many directions at once. Shut down* any one tangent when it reaches about 10 posts, or if the responses are lame, whichever comes first.

A couple of responses, either in agreement or in disagreement, do not necessarily mean the post should have been an OP. And sometimes you can't tell what will be worthy of a thread until you've posted it. But when things don't seem to die down, that's the time to move it. I reckon 10 posts is the magic number: 5 would be too small, but more than 10 and you're already letting the discussion get entrenched.

* By "shut down", if the discussion seems to have merit or be interesting, ideally the hosts would copy the posts into a new thread, and just tell everyone to go there. I think with our current board software that requires a lot of manual effort, but that's the ideal from a user perspective.

Posts: 2383 | From: Coventry | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ten posts is a decent small thread. I would say three posts, if the hosts are inclined to such generosity. But then there is the factor of one person making repeated one offs about multiple posts. That's just-- shut the hell up, McLastword.

And yeah, I'm looking at you, johanson. If I'm gonna sit myself on the naughty step, you're keeping me company. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
I did, like twice.

Yeah, and mea culpa for not picking up on it.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amorya:
quote:

I'd say, allow replies on TICTH. Allow it to go in many directions at once. Shut down* any one tangent when it reaches about 10 posts, or if the responses are lame, whichever comes first.

A couple of responses, either in agreement or in disagreement, do not necessarily mean the post should have been an OP. And sometimes you can't tell what will be worthy of a thread until you've posted it. But when things don't seem to die down, that's the time to move it. I reckon 10 posts is the magic number: 5 would be too small, but more than 10 and you're already letting the discussion get entrenched.

* By "shut down", if the discussion seems to have merit or be interesting, ideally the hosts would copy the posts into a new thread, and just tell everyone to go there. I think with our current board software that requires a lot of manual effort, but that's the ideal from a user perspective.

Wot she said.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I kind of agree, too, with the reservation stated above that ten posts is too much of a tangent. Even three might be.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Five?

DONE!

Shake on that.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On other boards and other threads, if a tangent gets too extended a host just says "Stop it! Start another OP already!" And usually somebody obliges or the tangent ends. The thing that gets me is that as large as Hell looms on these boards, actually if there are five active threads it's a busy time in Hell. If a thread that hasn't seen action in a week or so gets idly posted upon, the hosts grumble about necromancy. Unless there is a whirlwind of activity going on in the Lounge about weighty decisions that we don't see, Hell seems like a pretty simple gig. So why the fuss about one thread people seem to enjoy that skates the edge of the purview? [Confused]

I don't geddit.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We tried something different. We're now trying something different.

Now I'm enjoying watching how much the self-proclaimed Magazine of Christian Unrest has become hidebound, beholden to tradition, and resistant to change because I shut down a damn thread.

"But we've always had it. What harm was it doing? Give us back our toy! Can we at least have it back how it was, when you were letting 'no tangents' slide, but this time with more rules? Pleeeeeeeaaaasse? We might stop our bitching...well, except for those of us who only post to bitch about The Conspiracy Against Us."

No. We're trying something different. I know it's new. You'll live.

Good God, this must be what my city councilman feels like, fielding emails and phone calls from geriatric conspiracy theorists and Tea Partiers. Remind me never to run for local elected office...

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm beginning to think the hell hosts should make this their new motto.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This really is Hell. Get me out of here!

[Killing me] [Killing me]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You want Hell? Huh? Do you, punk? You think you're tough? You think you can handle the flames? Smell the brimstone and smile?

Here, I'll forward the latest email discussion from my neighborhood listserv to you, wherein our local cranks explain how the fact that their taxes go to fund a city park three blocks away from their house (that's too far—only those who live directly next to the park benefit, so those people should have their taxes raised to pay for it) is clearly a sign that there is outside influence funding and controlling our district councilmembers. That's Hell.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:

Spike
SoF Admin

Because I wished to rant, and Hell is the place to do that.
Call that a rant?

--------------------

passer

Indigo
# 13329

It is by my standards, I'm a gentle soul.
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Yeah, Ariston's right- fuck it. We need to try life without TITCH for a while.

I mean, I get it, for the last few days since it's closed , I have been going, DAMN, that would have been a great thing to consign to Hell. But we can give life without it a go.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:

And another thing: when is Ariston gonna play " Freebird" like I asked him?

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:

Now I'm enjoying watching how much the self-proclaimed Magazine of Christian Unrest has become hidebound, beholden to tradition, and resistant to change because I shut down a damn thread.

Why can't anybody take my reasoning at face value? I think TICTH serves a purpose for our little community and I thought you shut it down too soon.* But we are accused of not having the balls or the imagination to craft proper posts and now we only want it because we have always had it?
Look, we get it, it is onerous to the Hell hosts. That is all that is necessary. You lot do this for free and are part of the community. Not trying to force you to do anything.
Just don't like the tenor of the push-back. I posted my very first procedural complaint OP ever. You could at least consider that it was thought out and sincere.
I will reiterate that it is not an attack on you, Ariston. Would have posted the same regardless of who closed the thread.

*Though, doing the maths, the percentage of tangent was very, very high.

[ 14. May 2015, 17:23: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

I don't feel much rewarded for attempting to listen actively and put myself in the Shipmate's shoes and suck up what responsibility I needed to. At least not by you. If that's the attitude you want, lilbuddha, don't sneer at it when it is offered to you.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
I don't feel much rewarded for attempting to listen actively and put myself in the Shipmate's shoes and suck up what responsibility I needed to. At least not by you. If that's the attitude you want, lilbuddha, don't sneer at it when it is offered to you.

Alright, I apologise. I should not have said no one. I owe an apology to Rook as well for that. Probably a couple of others.
I am not trying to minimise the genuine engagement with this topic. That was the third or fourth inaccurate motive listed, and I became a little testy.
And, it is a bit egotistical to think every reply is aimed towards me as there are other people involved. So I am likely being a bit offence-sensitive.
My intention was to address a need I think genuine. It is not to belittle the efforts of the host and admin team.
I am stepping away from the keyboard for a few hours to relax, I think.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Thank you for that. Because I really am trying to listen. And consider that, for Admins, that constitutes trying to listen to two sets of people at once.

Which leads us back to Tubbs, the Queen of Diplomacy* , and her excellent "middle ground suggestion. Upthread lilypad mentioned that, um, some of us were pinging off of other posts as a segue into their own post. OK, Borg, is that an acceptable version of a "one-off"? A one line acknowledgement of a previous consignment is acceptable, with the stipulation that it is followed by a clearly seperate TICTH entry. Ex.

[wrong way]
quote:
boy that sucks, bob. Tell me more about your evil boss.
[right way]

quote:
boy, that sucks, bob
TICTH damn splintery door handles

* hoping this will provoke a Hellish response

[ 14. May 2015, 18:47: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Oh, with the added disclaimer " sometime in the very far future, if ever."

[ 14. May 2015, 18:53: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How about posts to a TICTH thread can only start with "TICTH..." or a selected few other sentence stems*? Everything else is summarily deleted.

*I can think of several possibilities all involving obscenity

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

My apologies to the thread and its participants. I am letting my emotion control my responses and this is unacceptable.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Thank you for that. Because I really am trying to listen. And consider that, for Admins, that constitutes trying to listen to two sets of people at once.

Which leads us back to Tubbs, the Queen of Diplomacy* , and her excellent "middle ground suggestion. Upthread lilypad mentioned that, um, some of us were pinging off of other posts as a segue into their own post. OK, Borg, is that an acceptable version of a "one-off"? A one line acknowledgement of a previous consignment is acceptable, with the stipulation that it is followed by a clearly seperate TICTH entry. Ex.

[wrong way]
quote:
boy that sucks, bob. Tell me more about your evil boss.
[right way]

quote:
boy, that sucks, bob
TICTH damn splintery door handles

* hoping this will provoke a Hellish response

Right way seems like a plan. Let's try it.

Kelly, Queen of Diplomacy my arse.

Tubbs

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[wrong way] [Axe murder]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just to return to Hellishness-- passer, you aren't worth the price of one of Sioni's used suppositories, so shut the hell up about him.

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

- Posted      Profile for Doc Tor     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tell you what. Once you've thrashed something out, prod the Hell hosts. We're all over here, watching this fresh coat of emulsion.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Just to return to Hellishness-- passer, you aren't worth the price of one of Sioni's used suppositories, so shut the hell up about him.

Did he post?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:
Tell you what. Once you've thrashed something out, prod the Hell hosts. We're all over here, watching this fresh coat of emulsion.

Not convinced about the colour ... And you missed a bit.

Tubbs

--------------------

Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say emulsion? I meant blood. Alllll over the wall. And you say we missed a bit?

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:

Which would be their motto? "This video is not available" or "Sorry about that"?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doc Tor
Deepest Red
# 9748

If "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" was good enough for Dante, it's good enough for us.

--------------------
Forward the New Republic

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016