homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Cilla Black R.I.P.

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Cilla Black R.I.P.
Enoch
Shipmate
# 14322

- Posted      Profile for Enoch   Email Enoch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't post this on the 'Glory' Board, since as far as I know, she was never on the Ship, but is this the right place to say how sad I was this afternoon to hear that Cilla had died?

Younger Shipmates may not appreciate how, if you're the right age, she is part of the mental sound track of your generation.

Of course, she isn't the first, and she won't be the last, but it's still sad.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Brexit wrexit - Sir Graham Watson

Posts: 7610 | From: Bristol UK(was European Green Capital 2015, now Ljubljana) | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry Enoch, the All Saints board is the place for memorial threads, so I'm going to move your thread over there.

I do agree with you - she was so full of life it's hard to believe she's gone.

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I heard this afternoon whilst at the parental Knotweeds' abode. Mum turned the radio up to hear the news report, then checked with me that it really was Cilla Black they'd said. Slightly shocked myself, and presently listening to a very good 'Now Playing on 6...' show (Radio 6) which is basically being a tribute to her. Can post a link to the BBC i-player later if anyone's interested.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You always got the feeling that she was just as nice as her TV persona: the girl-next-door who turned into the lady-next-door.

RIP. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Anyone who has a heart will be sorry.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Hilda of Whitby
Shipmate
# 7341

- Posted      Profile for Hilda of Whitby   Email Hilda of Whitby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
She did THE best version of "Alfie" ever recorded. Makes tears come to my eyes every time I hear it. RIP, Cilla.

--------------------
"Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad."

Posts: 412 | From: Nickel City | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Over here in NZ I felt a pang - she was one of the few "modern" singers my dad would let me listen to. Her and Val Doonican, also recently deceased.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A couple of people who'd been on Blind Date were on the radio this morning - they actually got married three years after they appeared, and have been together now for twenty five years, and they said that Cilla kept in touch with them, and came to their wedding - she didn't just do the show and forget about the contestants straight after.

I'm practicing Step Inside, Love to sing at the weekly acoustic evening locally.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016