homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2016 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  64  65  66 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2016
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here at the beginning of the New Year, now underway in the east, we bring our prayers before God.

Once again I begin with the prayer used last year:

My God, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Love
Spirit pervading all creation, of which I am a part
Spirit which moves within me and unites me to that whole
May we grow towards unity
May we help each other in our daily needs, earthly, spiritual and emotional
May I learn to have compassion for myself and others
May I be open to the promptings of the Spirit
So that we all may live in peace and love and rejoice in the glory of creation.
Let it be so.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Amen

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen!

May this be a year full of love.

Praying especially for C, K and me, as we each need to love and be loved. [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For safety for Rowen and the state of Victoria, and all affected by the extreme weather.

For all affected by the flooding around St. Louis.

For continued healing for St Everild’s friend’s son, and for upholding for his family.

For M.

For C, K, and Mad Cat to love and be loved.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all with whom I share this fair vessel.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I also have stuff to eat so it helps the pain to be OK just a little as I have still pain and having been fixed with hospital. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For those eagerly anticipating what the new year will bring - may your hopes be fulfilled.

For those who find the new year hard to face - God give you the strength to face it and to take each day as it comes.

For those afraid, alone, unhappy and/or with nobody to care for them, the lonely and the lost, may you find peace and comfort this night.

And for those who have to work, on hospital wards, or as police or security, or to take care of others, may you have a safe and peaceful night.

And for no terror attacks to disrupt the new year.

[Votive]

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For peace in our world as we start a new year [Votive]

I have an important medical appointment on Tuesday and would be grateful for prayers. Thank you. [Votive]

Reading through the list and praying. [Votive]

Posts: 2441 | From: California, USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Particularly by all those affected by the adverse weather and bushfire and other natural disaster events all over the world.

[Votive]

And for all in this little village in Kerala that I now call Home - particularly V & M & B.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amen.

(Thanks for prayers for St. Louis - things are pretty bad here.)

I ask your prayers for my father, Tom, in home hospice. (He's a couple of days past the docs' expectations for his survival - go! fight! live!)

Selfishly, I also ask your prayers for me, now starting my second year of living with Stage IV cancer. I would like to keep living for a while longer.

Prayers for all in need... [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For all who post or pray here. For God's blessings to all shipmates in the new year.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those for whom the New Year holds little hope; for those affected by fires, floods and other natural disasters; and for Ross and her father, for healing.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

May all things be better for everyone and everything this year and always.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all in need - particularly those in ill health, those in disaster areas and all in pain of any kind. [Votive]

--------------------
"love all, trust few, do wrong to no one"
Wm. Shakespeare

Posts: 2437 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm going to need patience and faith to deal with an important matter. Please pray as I am not gifted with patience, and obviously need the practice [Help]

[Votive] for me, and also for C, and his stuff [Votive]

Amen.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Ahh-men, Mamacita.

[Votive] For Mad Cat

[Votive] For all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For everyone suffering with our lousy weather. Here in Newport, which is merely damp we haven't had an entirely dry day since November 13th!

[Votive] For M, a great friend that the references and contract for his job come through OK.

[Votive] For middle Son P and S his partner who are expecting a baby any day now!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For daisymay, for healing.

For ErinBear, for healing.

For Rossweisse's Tom, and for Rossweisse to live long and prosper.

For patience and wisdom for MadCat. For C and his stuff.

For Sioni's M's references, and for lowercase p and s' safe arrival.

For R.

For the Telemum.

For one good day.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We saw a mouse in the kitchen last night. I am totally phobic so have spent the night shaking and feeling sick. Please pray.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please could you help me pray for my mum and dad? Dad is having tests at the moment for various ailments, he is sure that everything is Absolutely Fine and there is nothing wrong at all, whilst mum is convinced that every tiny symptom is a sign of Something Terrible and they're just counting down to an apocalyptic terminal diagnosis, and so is basically a tearful wreck. Both my sister and I live miles and miles away (my sister is in a different country, and we're an 8 hour drive away), so it's not even like we can pop in and give them a bit of light relief.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and as I took my ones to stop pain, they make me to sleep a lot of time. [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Can I ask you please for a prayer that Mili's kitten - missing since Christmas night might be found.
She was seen two nights ago, but a fruitless search last revealed no further sign of her. Mili is distraught she has had so many losses in her short life and this little cat means the world to her or I wouldn't ask. Thank you all.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially JtL's mum and dad, Gill H. to lose the mouse* (ugh!) and for the return of Mili's kitten.

* Our neighbours have three cats, so the local mouse population sees our house as a sort of cat-free zone. I'm not really phobic about them, but I'd rather they'd go away ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] strength for today, for all who need it.

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

- Posted      Profile for ErinBear   Email ErinBear   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] For Ross' father, Tom, and for the whole family in this very difficult time

[Votive] For Ross, so glad you are here! For continued health, strength, comfort, and peace

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] Reading through the list and praying

Thank you, Telepath [Angel]

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I went to church this morning - and left after 20 minutes. Just felt completely disconnected from what was going on there. It's an ongoing problem that seems to be coming to a head again. Please pray that I can find a way to sort things out.

And I've got a hospital appointment next Saturday for a scan. another ongoing problem that seems to be getting worse. Feel scared. And lonely.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Please pray for my friend P, who sometime in the last couple of weeks died by suicide. (We don't know the full details yet.)

And for his family and friends, who are suffering acutely at the moment.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

Praying through [Votive]

Prayers appreciated for patience and wisdom in relation to an important matter [Votive]

Prayers ascending for [Votive] C [Votive] Lord, does he remember what I said? Ah well, I'll just put it down here at the foot of the cross.....

Amen.

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Abigail) [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Please, Lord.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2943 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For abolition of mice, and the fear thereof, chez Gill H and Piglet.

For Mum and Dad The Lass.

For healing for daisymay.

For the safe return of Mili's kitten.

For Rossweisse and her father Tom.

For healing, and a good church community, for Abigail.

For Adeodatus' friend P, for answers and for comfort for P's family and friends. (Adeodatus, your PM box is full.)

For patience and wisdom for Mad Cat. For C.

For saysay.

For the Telemum.

For one good day. In particular, for me to get a thing written by about 6pm tomorrow.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Adeodatus
Shipmate
# 4992

- Posted      Profile for Adeodatus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Telepath:
For Adeodatus' friend P, for answers and for comfort for P's family and friends. (Adeodatus, your PM box is full.)

[Hot and Hormonal] Thanks, Telepath.

--------------------
"What is broken, repair with gold."

Posts: 9779 | From: Manchester | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Abigail for courage; and for the soul of Adeodatus' friend, and for comfort for those who mourn him.

Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon him.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Praying for all by name, especially those struggling with darkness and loneliness.

May you find comfort and peace of mind and / or the strength to sail though the choppy waters even when hopes seems out of reach.

[Votive]

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prayers for all on this thread.

I'm struggling a bit with depression at the moment, and would appreciate your prayers.

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

ErinBear
Shipmate
# 13173

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Hail Mary
Apprentice
# 18531

- Posted      Profile for Hail Mary   Email Hail Mary   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Love, comfort, health and healing to everyone, and a sense of God's presence. Let the lost be found, and let life and love blossom in our hearts and throughout the world.

--------------------
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2016  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and always I take the ones to help me having pain... [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For all posting and praying here [Votive]

For my elderly mother that she may be able to return home soon [Votive]

For T, that he may be employed soon [Votive]

For R, that she may hold together at least as well as she did last year [Votive]

For wisdom and courage for our nation's leaders [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 405 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our nearest river has burst its banks. Our village hall is being prepared in anticipation of possible evacuations overnight. The school in the next town along is likewise opening to take in people who are being flooded out of their homes.

Please pray that it stops raining!

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive]

Thank you for prayers for my sister who had severe pneumonia. She is slowly getting better.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

For Abigail, for courage.

For the soul of Adeodatus’ friend P, and for comfort for those who mourn him.

For uplifting for Divine Outlaw.

For healing for daisymay.

For Mama Gesserit to be able to return home soon. For T to be employed soon. For R to hold together at least as well as she did last year. For wisdom and courage for our nation’s leaders.

For North East Quine’s village and for the next town along. And for it to stop raining.

For continued healing for Lothlorien’s sister.

For one good day. And I didn’t finish the thing today so please help me to finish it tomorrow.

For the Telemum.

For J.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  64  65  66 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016