homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » Oblivion   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2016
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is the thread for the giving of thanks not just to God but to those people and organizations [and even pets] that have influenced our lives for good whether momentarily or over the longer term.

All that we have comes from God, may we all be faithful in giving thanks.

Lothlorien, Piglet & Welease Woderwick - AS Hosts

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay for all 2015's yay!

Yay for all the yay 2016 holds!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
Thank You Lord for all that is, was, and is to come!

[ 01. January 2016, 20:11: Message edited by: rolyn ]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Feeling very grateful to the government here who have granted me a lifelong visa for living here and travelling in and out.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Great news, WW. That must be a relief.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I asked God for some guidance in relation to a thing, and I got some. [Overused]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Feeling very grateful to the government here who have granted me a lifelong visa for living here and travelling in and out.

[Yipee]

[Yipee] indeed! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Grateful for the safety of D.

Yesterday at work he pointed out a potential safety problem with a piece of equipment behind his back when he is sitting at his desk. Later that morning the machine sent a large object flying that demolished his (metal) desk and chair: fortunately he had moved, or he would have been decapitated and crushed.

Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So happy that me and the guy are perhaps finally giving ourselves a chance to love.
All so uncertain but it is enough.

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carex:
Grateful for the safety of D.

Yesterday at work he pointed out a potential safety problem with a piece of equipment behind his back when he is sitting at his desk. Later that morning the machine sent a large object flying that demolished his (metal) desk and chair: fortunately he had moved, or he would have been decapitated and crushed.

That is scary. Adding thanks from me.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Lia:
So happy that me and the guy are perhaps finally giving ourselves a chance to love.
All so uncertain but it is enough.

Good to hear, Lia.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow, this is--wow. One of my nieces-- Neph's oldest half sister-- is going to Bible college-- and given her character, I assume it is preparation to enter some kind of ministry.

She is the mother of E., who I have mentioned-- the nephew who turned a gun on himself several years ago. Neez has expressed a desire to help families surviving suicide in the past-- I am so happy that she is going for it!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mr Ll and I are having the Worst Year Ever and yet: the prayers from our church community feel almost tangible around us; both our children were given time off work while Mr Ll was in hospital and the children-in-law came on the worst days to look after us all; we had multiple offers to drive us across country on Christmas Eve to get his test results; a couple had changed the date of their new year visit which meant they were with us when I heard my mother had been rushed into hospital - one drove me to see her while the other looked after Mr Ll; shipmates have given me a breathing space. Let me not forget these blessings.

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rejoice! We are grandparents again! P & S, baby S (see here) was born about 11:30am today.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Rejoice! We are grandparents again! P & S, baby S (see here) was born about 11:30am today.

Congratulations! [Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Congratulations too from downunder.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And from over here, Grandpa and Grandma SS! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Home from a breath-taking concert and giving thanks for music.

Lord, for all those gifts, for all that work, for that beauty [Yipee]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1844 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A month or so ago I had a sharp pain in a tooth from time to time when I ate. It caused me some anxiety. My dentist didn't want to treat it as it wasn't giving me constant pain. Since a painful (but tasty) meal out over a week ago I've had no pain. Hoping I don't speak too soon, but am very grateful for the reprieve.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The pain I had in my knee has gone [Yipee] The x-ray did not indicate any major damage, just a small condition that will be manageable should it happen again.

Honestly with that level of pain I had expected something really serious, but then I am a wuss.

Huia - delighted that expectations were surpassed.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ebola is over in West Africa

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For some clarity and some hope (finally) [Votive]

it has taken a year and we will see how it goes but for now, so thankful [Overused]

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Re recent prayers not only are we grandparents for the second time, but I met and held B for the first time today. At just over six pounds he is the smallest baby I have ever held but he is impressively strong and alert. S, his mum, is much less anxious now that they are home and with our son P (plus two dogs!) they are shaping up into a real family.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome to the world, little B! [Yipee]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Lovely news from you, Sioni Sais. Congratulations to all.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankful my all-day stay in A&E turned out with best result possible. There is still a long way to go, but now I know what is happening I will cope.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yay! for all the Yay!

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
By 8.30 this morning the plumbers had been and gone having solved the mystery of the small puddle beside the driveway that has bugged me for months [Yipee]

It occurred at the same time my neighbour had a small flood so I thought it was coming from her place, but it wasn't.

I [Axe murder] Maxwell Plumbers. The blokes are a bit monosyllabic but do good work, and Marion in the office explains things to the uninitiated - a perfect combination.

Huia - puddle-free (once it stops raining)

[ 17. January 2016, 18:45: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Glad that is sorted, Huia.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

As mentioned in the downunder thread, my granddaughter has just been declared to be in remission from the leukaemia dignised on New Years Day, 2014. It has been a hard two years with much happening, but we are grateful indeed for this. Monthly checks, buut no more chemo.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is such good news Lothlorien [Yipee]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
... my granddaughter has just been declared to be in remission ...

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

That is all. [Smile]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hurray!

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Such good news Lothlorien.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What a relief, Lothlorien!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks be to God!

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

Yay!

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Mercy! [Smile]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wonderful news!
Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post 
Thanks truly to God for all the good things mentioned here.

Also for my daughter getting the support she asked for in the matter of trying to teach unruly kids.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yippee for Miss M, Lothlorien. [Yipee] [Yipee]

I'm still giggling at the small, but significant event at work today - two of my hardest working students indulging in a few minutes of sheer silliness and total enjoyment of life. It was just so lovely to watch and to be a part of. They'll go far, those two.

I'm also celebrating that the two of them (in motorised wheelchairs) chasing me down the campus was possible for me - there's no way this time last year I could've done that without getting seriously out of breath, red of face and very sweaty. This year, I didn't.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So good to read other people's reasons for giving thanks
Here's my own:
We cleared the customs without trouble (that's big here) and we've just finished unloading a container full of wheelchairs, walkers and crutches.
At next month's distribution we're going to be able to help more than 150 people!
[Yipee]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Once again, after another unplanned brief stay in the hospital, thanks for the gifts of kindness and healing that God has placed in the hands of nurses, physicians and surgeons.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Mr Bee's procedure showed all is OK. Thanks for all prayers.
[Yipee]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Mr Bee's procedure showed all is OK. Thanks for all prayers.
[Yipee]

Very welcome news.

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

Yay! for all the Yay!

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I feel very happy as I do not have to get the children from them. [Overused] And i can go to a Scottish church at rong time !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm here to give thanks that after a cat-scan* our friend H. has been pronounced free of cancer. [Yipee]

* when you go for one of those, do you have to provide your own cat? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

* when you go for one of those, do you have to provide your own cat? [Big Grin]

For those who prefer dogs or tropical fish, there's always the PET-scan.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just some general thankfulness for my Young Man! I really am very lucky!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016