homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » Best Post

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Best Post
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It could be a brilliantly concise exposition of the doctrine of ultra-prelapsarianism. Unlikely, but possible. Or it could be an observation which led to your screen being sprayed with coffee. The best post. Out of the thousands posted every year (ok, every week), which one post shines like a good deed in a weary world? Nominate here!

When nominating on this thread, please follow the format shown in the next post. If you don't have all the info you need to complete the nomination fields, you're not yet ready to nominate. Just make a regular post asking for the help of others in finding what you're looking for.

How to find out the URL for an individual post: go to the post and find the tiny page icon which is just to the left of the date (at the top of the post). Right-click the icon (or on a Mac, control-click it) and select "copy link" from the dropdown menu. You can now paste the link URL into your nomination.

Please note: Your nomination post should simply contain your nomination and nothing else.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
NOMINATION

I nominate: Shipmate's board name

For: Best Post

On the thread: Thread title

Post URL: Insert clickable link to the nominated post here

My reasons for nominating: Your comments in full here

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I nominate: KenWritez

For: Best post

On the thread: Let's offend

Post URL: this post

My reasons for nominating: It's so sublimely elegant and witty, and my poor imagination will never recover from the mental image...

--------------------
I came to Jesus and I found in him my star, my sun.
And in that light of life I'll walk 'til travelling days are done

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sylvander
Shipmate
# 12857

- Posted      Profile for Sylvander   Author's homepage   Email Sylvander   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wow! I am having an eerie déjà vu - the same thing happened on the best avatar thread. I was going to suggest exactly the same post!

Seconded.

--------------------
A martyr is someone living with a saint.

Posts: 1589 | From: Berlin | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I nominate: Nigel M

On the Thread: EXODUS: The Bible Non-Stop

Post URL: This post.

My reasons for nominating: As those of you who are geeky enough to participate know, there is currently a paraphrase of the bible in progress in Kerygmania. So far we've got one thread of GENESIS (I think it's back to page 8 now) and one on EXODUS still in progress. Given the nature and appropriateness of the work to The Ship, I figured there had to be at least some posts worthy of mention (and indeed there are many).

Nigel M in particular has stood out to me as a poster who can take the most banal legalism out of Exodus, and, with an ingenius combination of erudition and humor, make it both comprehensible and funny. He has had many excellent contributions to that thread, so there were many to choose from, but the rendition of the Song of Moses stood out to me, of which this is the final chunk, with some narration. Just the image of Moses rapping on the far of the Sea of Reeds makes it worthwhile.

I humbly submit this for your consideration.

--Bullfrog (formerly mirrizin)

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
NOMINATION
quote:
I nominate: Nigel M

On the Thread: EXODUS: The Bible Non-Stop

Post URL: This post.

My reasons for nominating: As those of you who are geeky enough to participate know, there is currently a paraphrase of the bible in progress in Kerygmania. So far we've got one thread of GENESIS (I think it's back to page 8 now) and one on EXODUS still in progress. Given the nature and appropriateness of the work to The Ship, I figured there had to be at least some posts worthy of mention (and indeed there are many).

Nigel M in particular has stood out to me as a poster who can take the most banal legalism out of Exodus, and, with an ingenius combination of erudition and humor, make it both comprehensible and funny. He has had many excellent contributions to that thread, so there were many to choose from, but the rendition of the Song of Moses stood out to me, of which this is the final chunk, with some narration. Just the image of Moses rapping on the far of the Sea of Reeds makes it worthwhile.

I humbly submit this for your consideration.

--Bullfrog (formerly mirrizin)

[ 11. December 2008, 17:56: Message edited by: Bullfrog. ]

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I second Bullfrog's nomination. Nigel M's OTT -sorry OT - tour de force has been much imitated but never equalled.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
NOMINATION

I nominate: Jahlove

On the: Poetry Competition (Results Are Out!)

It's this great poem which in my mind is called "The Ceiling Cat" although I don't think it was actually titled.

My reasons for nominating: This poem is so expressive of both the childish and childlike fun and drama that is both Christianity and the Ship, I couldn't resist. This is what the Ship and my faith feel like to me, a bunch of people on a journey where we barely figure out where we're going, what we are supposed to do with all those other people on the trip, and very seldom look at the Ceiling. But we are being looked out for, praise the Cat and kitteh.

I can't really think of any more to say; it would be gilding the lily.

ETA: Spell Ms. Jahlove's name correctly. [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 23. December 2008, 08:18: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I second Jahlove's nomination.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
To clarify:

I second Lyda Rose's nomination *of* Jahlove.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
MiceElf

Not your average mouse
# 4389

- Posted      Profile for MiceElf   Email MiceElf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh yes... a great nomination and I would like to vote for Jahlove for the reasons already stated.
A great pome, a great poster, and a top nomination.

--------------------
What do we want.... Cure for Obesity
When do we want it.... After Dessert.

Posts: 1032 | From: OILOVWOIGHT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll   Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016