homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » VOTE! Best Quote

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: VOTE! Best Quote
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations for Best Quote. Please remind yourself of why each quote was nominated by reading the post below... and then vote for your choice.

Poll information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 143 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations, in alphabetical order, for Best Quote.

1. Turd Vindaloo, by Eliab
quote:
I see it like this. You (TPTB) went into an thread-restaurant and asked for a Turd Vindaloo. As the waiter went off to get it, I, and quite a few other gourmands, said “Are you sure you want a Turd Vindaloo? It will be hot, and full of shit”.
On the thread: You're all Asshats, the lot of you.

Nominated by Amorya: "Funniest thing I read all day! Sums up most Hell threads -- but quotes like that are why we read them."

2. Interpretive dance, by KenWritez
quote:
Strange.

You called God "strange."

That is so...so...so...offensive I am speechless. Thus I voice my outrage in interpretive dance:

xxx
............. x pause
.... x ......... ... .. . spin spin spin ...
................. leap .........................
... pause ..... x x x ....x x.... spin ....
.......... leap .......... ..... ..... ..... ..
.... ... pause ... ... .. . xx
............. spin spin spin .. x
..... spin spin .. x
... spin . x
x

So there.

On the thread: Let's offend.

Nominated by eeGAD: "Anyone who can figure out how to dance on a message board is a genius. He's also very graceful."

3. Striking the right balance, by Sine Nomine
quote:
Sometimes it's difficult to strike exactly the right balance with "I respect you as a person but you're wrong and are going to burn in Hell."
On the thread: "Andrew" vs. Mother Theresa, MLK Jr., and Dietrich Bonhoeffer!

Nominated by Doublethink: "I think it names the elephant in the room for quite a lot of theological debate - and it's pithy. What's not to love?"

4. Compleat Duck Identifier of the World, by Spiffy
quote:
There are people on this board who would stand in front of the neon blinking sign pointing to the duck while holding Harper's Compleat Duck Identifier of the World (and how to tell them from drakes and goslings) open to the illustrated plates and still wouldn't know the duck even after it beaned them in the head with an egg.
On the thread: Father Gregory's Atheist baiting.

Nominated by Kelly Alves: "I admired Spiffy's total immersion of herself into the theme presented (that of recognizing a duck) and her spot-on turns of phrase."

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
JD steps through an aperture-like entrance, suggestive of the hatch to the Barbarella spaceship. < wave wave > Bach's violin double plays in the background.

He is wearing a frock coat, and - could it be - yes indeed, it appears so - a smidgen of eye liner. And he looks exactly like Johnny Depp!!!!!!!!!! (If Johnny Depp had 80% body fat).

JD: Greetings Shipmates! What an honour and an excitement it is to be here at the inaugural SoF Simmies! Please welcome my lovely co-presenter, whose unique contributions to SoF have thrilled and continue to thrill us again and again! The One! The Only! duchess.

Cut to silhouette on a vine-covered swing being slowly lowered from the ceiling. A dim light shines on the swing and intensifies, revealing duchess in a glo-mesh evening gown. She is holding a glo-mesh bible, there is a crescent moon and disco balls behind her. Don't Cry for me Argentina plays in the background.

Sudenly duchess jumps from the swing, rips off her evening gown and throws it into the crowd! < chorus of gasps > Underneath she is wearing a racey cowgirl outfit with rawhide-covered bible. Simultaneously, the band starts up with: Girls on Film.

JD: Woo! k thx! < highfive duchess > You go, girl!

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Eeep! Who screened these presenters?
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
John Donne, you have my awe and worship. [Overused]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
duchess: < hits JD with rawhide covered bible > "The finalists are: Eliab; KenWritez; Sine Nomine; Spiffy. And we have quotes to cover the whole spectrum of circumstances: 'Spicily descriptive; Surreal; Philosophical; and Pythonesque'. Back to you JD! < presents him with a spectacular golden envelope > "

JD: < presents envelope to Ship's Bunny with axe to nibble open, while preparing for YouTube upload >

[Pls excuse my duchess-by-proxy [Waterworks] who did kindly agree to assist with thread, but who I didn't give adequate notice to. Mea culpa]

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

And the Simmy goes to...

KenWritez!

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Alright, there you Disdainful Dancer, you!

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We want to see you dance your acceptance speech!

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
"I'd like to thank my producers, my co-stars, and members of the Academy--"

Oh. Sorry, wrong speech.

(shuffleshuffleshufflecrinkleshuffle)

"Bread, milk, cheese, eggs--"

Damn. Wrong speech again. Forget the written speech.

Thank you for this honor today. I enjoy posting because I hope my words will tickle, entertain, or even move readers. I always, always feel flattered and appreciative when people tell me they enjoyed my posts.

Thank you again, and I extend my sincerest best wishes to my fellow competitors. I am blessed to be in their company.

frin, this is for you:

xxx
............ x
....step...bend...hands up!... x pause
.... x ... jumpjump.....x x x...
......x....x....x
....step bend...pause.x
... pause ..... x x x leap....x x.... spin ....
......... x
... spin . x
x

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(throws roses)
ENCORE! ENCORE!

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

[Kelly, I was thinking of this YouTube vid [Big Grin] ]
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Now, why couldn't I have seen that yesterday?

--------------------

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016