homepage
  ship of fools rowers  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   »   » The Simmies 2009   » VOTE! Theologian of the Year

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: VOTE! Theologian of the Year
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations for Theologian of the Year. Please remind yourself of why each person was nominated by reading the post below... and then vote for your choice.

Poll information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 95 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote now     View poll results

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Here are the nominations, in alphabetical order, for Theologian of the Year.

1. Angloid

Nominated by Chorister: "Angloid doesn't post in Kerygmania so much as the others nominated. But IMHO sometimes the best theology is posted on some of the other boards, such as Purgatory or All Saints. This post is not theology of the highbrow sort, but is rather theology on the ground, of the people, born of experience."

2. Anselm

Nominated by Grits: "Anselm's posts are always very solid, very scriptural in nature, presented in a straightforward and -- again -- kind spirit. He strikes me as someone who has truly studied the scriptures for himself, and not just taken someone else's thoughts as his own."

3. Freddy

Nominated by Grits: "Although his faith is somewhat different from many here, Freddy presents a succinct and understandable viewpoint of his beliefs, and he ALWAYS does it in a kind and loving manner. He appears to be a man who truly loves the scriptures."

4. Nigel M

Nominated by Jahlove: "For erudition without pomposity or stuffiness, Nigel gives his thoughts and exegeses in a way that frequently sheds a new light on things often taken for granted, as in this example."

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fresh from toiling over a hot experiment, the Mad Scientist walks up the red carpet leaving fluorescent green spots behind him.

"Ladies, Gentlemen and the rest of you lot. It is my pleasure to announce that we're awaiting a special guest to join me in revealing the Theologian of the Year."

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
{... wondering, how much more special can you get than Mr. Cresswell?...}

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ahem ... that's Dr. Cresswell.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*mutters* - they'd better be special, if they're going to make us wait this long.

[ 01. February 2009, 18:08: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
Ahem ... that's Dr. Cresswell.

Sorry. If it ain't wearin' a stethoscope, I tend to forgit the "Dr." part. I did however make delicate reference unto his very special ness, tho.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Odd. I always connected the title with endoscopes.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I figure if I spot someone carrying a thermonuclear device under their arm and they ask to be addressed as Dr, it's in my best interest to comply. Besides, there are more than just medical and scientifical doctors out there, there are even doctors of theology! I wonder if our winner of Theology of the Year is one.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
It is my pleasure to announce that we're awaiting a special guest to join me in revealing the Theologian of the Year."

Dawkins?

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
That would be made of awesome and covered with awesome sauce.

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sheep3, idly nosing around hoping to find more spilled champagne, startles at the words "awesome sauce" and then bolts.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Posts: 278 | From: lost in a pasture | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, our special guest has arrived.

I'm so glad you could make it. I reckon that your first appearance in the Nativity Play was one of the most profound works of theology the Ship has ever produced.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

- Posted      Profile for Sheep 3   Email Sheep 3   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hearing Dr Cresswell's voice, Sheep3 stops her headlong rush to escape, turns, and ever so nicely trots onto the stage and up to the podium.

Baaaaa.

*jingle*

Sheep3 gazes adoringly at Dr Cresswell. Actually, at his tweed coattails.

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

It's good to have an international theological celebrity with us. Even if not as big a celebrity as Rev Gerald Ambulance, who we understand is unable to join us due to a prior appointment to bring enlightenment to the heathen masses of Africa.

It's time to get on with the business and open this gold envelope before it gets eaten.

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

[tears open the envelope]

And, the winner of Theologian of the Year is ....

Angloid

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

Alright, Angloid!

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Applauding Angloid, the Mad Scientist steps off the podium carefully avoiding the holes in the red carpet where the green fluorescent goo had dropped earlier.

--------------------

Freddy
Shipmate
# 365

- Posted      Profile for Freddy   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Overused] Well done, Angloid! Worthy winner! [Overused]

--------------------
"Consequently nothing is of greater importance to a person than knowing what the truth is." Swedenborg

Posts: 12845 | From: Bryn Athyn | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sheep 3

Nativity Play
# 3663

Sheep3 grabs the dropped envelope and proceeds to eat it.

*munch, munch*

Baaa.

*munch*

*jingle*

--------------------
jlg the sheep

Angloid
Shipmate
# 159

- Posted      Profile for Angloid     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Hot and Hormonal] I'm overcome! Many thanks everybody. Perhaps the Ship isn't as erudite a place as I thought. But if I'd stirred myself I could have identified several more worthy winners.

Sorry I can't even manage a Kate Winslet acceptance speech, but, to you all, [Axe murder]

--------------------
Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: We're all individuals!
Lone voice: I'm not!

Posts: 12927 | From: The Pool of Life | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Doublethink feels duty bound to try to tempt the theologian from his calling.

That's a fantastic win Angloid, would you like to come share a bowl of fruit - and unlock a few theological mysteries with me sometime ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Post new thread  New poll   Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016